Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is "Get Ready to Duel" a complete rip-off?

Rhino Keeper

Is "Get Ready to Duel" a complete rip-off?

It's a quest where you have to pay 400,000 coins, and receive... absolutely nothing.

Pepe le Skunkupine costs 500,000 coins, which way more than the value of his drops, but at least you get a cute skunkupine. With "Get Ready to Duel", you basically pay to get rid of a line in the quest list. Why would anyone think it is a good idea?

Nightclub Owner
    I don't renember it, but for me 400 k coins is just peanuts. For lower level player it can be a real hard call.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Just wait til you get further along and you have coins to spare. It doesn't take long to accumulate a bunch.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Just wait til you get further along and you have coins to spare. It doesn't take long to accumulate a bunch.
    Hehehe, define a bunch
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    "Beat the start screen"?

Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    Hehehe, define a bunch
    Maybe 2-3 mil?...lol.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    Maybe 2-3 mil?...lol.

I am impressed with that gem count! I'd have panic attacks sitting on that many and accidentally losing them lol. I always spend when I earn enough for next thing I want.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    I am impressed with that gem count! I'd have panic attacks sitting on that many and accidentally losing them lol. I always spend when I earn enough for next thing I want.
    Same here..anytime I go above 300, am afraid I will click on sum gem trap and lose everything..( coz I have)..to not go into panic mode while having tht amount of gem horde is worthy of respect!!

Rhino Keeper
    While agree that "rich" and "poor" is relative, I still think that "Get Ready to Duel" is an example of lazy thinking on developers' part. It takes coins and fives back nothing. It really does not matter whether a quest asks for 1000 coins, 400 thousand, or 100 million. A quest should provide something.

Nightclub Owner
    The L5 Jousting Arena is intended for old timers that have just hoarding to do. If you are newer you might find it a struggle, for me spending 1 mio coins on a deco is nothing. On this account, I will leave this quest in storage for a long time as I prefer to spend my coins elsewhere. No one forces you to do quests. Now if the next hunter seasons starts and this is a requirements for the next stage, then I will reconsider.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast