Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing pond

New Resident

Fishing pond

Ok please can someone explain to how catching a bass from the pond works. Cause all I ever catch is a dozen catfish and a dozen anchovys! Out of 6 deliveries due I can only complete 2. The rest need bass fish. I don't want to buy any cause I'm trying to save up enough for more animals and a feed mill. Plus what else our goals are. It's frustarating and I'm losing interest. 2weeks now I've been messing with this pond. Help.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by momos2013 View Post
    Ok please can someone explain to how catching a bass from the pond works. Cause all I ever catch is a dozen catfish and a dozen anchovys! Out of 6 deliveries due I can only complete 2. The rest need bass fish. I don't want to buy any cause I'm trying to save up enough for more animals and a feed mill. Plus what else our goals are. It's frustarating and I'm losing interest. 2weeks now I've been messing with this pond. Help.
    Bass are a random drop, rarer than catfish and anchovies.

I used 50 bait the other week and did not get one single bass. At other times they drop more frequently. It's random like a lot of things in this game.

There is more chance of a bass with the anchovy bait and spicy bait.

If it is plane deliveries you want to fulfill I suggest you just discard them if you don't have the bass.

If it is a train delivery you want to do, then I would suggest always keeping 6 bass in your barn. This is what I do as I can't guarantee that they will be available when needed.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

New Resident
    Alright. I haven't gotten the balloon or train one yet. Thank you for your response. ��

So there are mentions of different types of bait. Currently I'm only able to craft 1 type, it has an orange ball on the hook. (I get no names, just pictures of objects in game.) But when I go to fish I see there are 2 types you can fish with. The little orange ball on a hook and this gold colored one. How do I craft this second type? Why would I get an option to fish with it if I'm not able to craft it? Thanks.

Executive Chef
    I try to use spicy bait and most of the time I can get bass. Good try.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin2010 View Post
    So there are mentions of different types of bait. Currently I'm only able to craft 1 type, it has an orange ball on the hook. (I get no names, just pictures of objects in game.) But when I go to fish I see there are 2 types you can fish with. The little orange ball on a hook and this gold colored one. How do I craft this second type? Why would I get an option to fish with it if I'm not able to craft it? Thanks.
    Is the gold colour bait like the one in this picture? If yes, that's the Golden Lure bait. No you can't craft it. You can buy and fish with it. That's why you have that in the option to fish but no option to craft.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	24849

Thanks, I was wondering. Is this the lure to catch the types of fish besides anchovy, bass and catfish? These are the only three so far that I'm able to catch with dough or anchovy lures. I have orders in the market for what looks like Tuna and Salmon. Is there a list posted of different types of fish in the game and tips on how to catch them?

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Rin2010 View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering. Is this the lure to catch the types of fish besides anchovy, bass and catfish? These are the only three so far that I'm able to catch with dough or anchovy lures. I have orders in the market for what looks like Tuna and Salmon. Is there a list posted of different types of fish in the game and tips on how to catch them?
    What type of fish you can catch and what bait you have are dependent on your level. There are 5 types of fish, namely anchovy, bass, catfish, salmon and tuna. The following is what I usually get when I use that particular bait. I get a better fish if I'm lucky but the list will show the usual norms.

Dough bait - anchovy.
    Fish bait, spicy bait - catfish, bass.
    Fancy bait (golden lure baits) - tuna, salmon.

If you don't have fancy bait, use the best bait you are able to make and try for tuna and salmon. btw did your deliveries ask you for tuna and salmon? If it did, then you know for sure these fish are available to your level.

Executive Chef
    I would just add two things. First, that although generally the rule is the better the bait, the rarer the fish you catch, it doesn't always work that way. I have caught bass and catfish with dough baits, and anchovies with spicy baits. Once or twice, I have even managed to catch tuna or salmon with the fancy baits, but always from the fishing hot spots. Also, I have caught bass, catfish, and even anchovies with the fancy baits. You might also catch expansion parts like bricks, paint, nails, screws, wood, and hammers. During special events (if they don't involve a special bait), you may also catch event items.

Second, when you go to the fishing pond, don't try to catch bass. This is all totally psychological and there is no logic to it, but when you fish, don't start fishing with the hope of catching a specific type of fish. Convince yourself that you want to catch something else and that you have a good use for it. For example, on one occasion, I needed to catch anchovies and started fishing with the dough baits, but all I pulled in with 6 dough baits were 5 catfish and one bass. On another occasion, I needed a bass and used the spicy bait, but instead I got an anchovy. However, now, if I know I need catfish, even if I'm using the dough bait, I tell myself, "okay, I want anchovies so I can make more fancy baits and a couple of pizzas." Using 4 dough baits, I almost always successfully bring in at least one catfish. It's screwy and it makes no sense, but somehow it works.

Quick question...going back to the Golden Lure Bait...there must be an option somewhere to craft them because I always buy them when I see them in the shop and someone had to make them to sell them...so here is my question: how do you craft them? I can't see just buying them from the craft shop for 70 gems everytime, so there must be some way eventually to craft them. I am wondering if you need to be at a special level or have a special shop to make them in. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast