Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales- Art Gala Even 9-6-15

Fashion Designer
    Chapter 8 starts in 8 hours or so. Comic dragon is evolving to level 7, the breeding den is empty for the Virtue x Olympus combo and I've started crafting a blue hedge. Shouldn't run into any problems tomorrow unless they decide to throw in diamond or champions dragon in the Arena

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsinthecity View Post
    Well the game took 400 gold from me by my fingers accidentally speeding up an expansion, so I feel your pain. It was every bit I had been saving for months, I was livid, I was speechless. Complaining or sending and email is virtually a colossal waste of your time, but I guess anything is worth a try. It also took 20 for an accidental food purchase the other day and 24 a few days before that for another accidental finger movement, and that's just three times, there are MANY more, and that is with me being careful. I have spent FAR less gold intentionally, than the game has "accidentally-on-purpose" taken. I do play on an iPhone 4 and the screen is super small, so I gotta be extremely careful, but it still gets me. This thread alone has many rants regarding the Gold Traps, pages in the 50's we digressed from the topic slightly and discussed the gold traps being intelligently designed to separate you from your gold, accidentally on purpose. The gold "finish" buttons are specifically designed to divorce you from your gold, its not your fault, there is not one person on these forums (well maybe there is ONE) that has not had gold taken in a gold trap. You either play dragon story and accept it is set up to take your gold, or decide not to play, or always spend the gold on stuff you want so you don't have anything for the game to "accidentally-on-purpose" take. It is difficult to save up for too long without running into a gold trap. I'm sorry it happened to you but take some solace in knowing it got me worse, and others too.
    Someone else gave a great example. There is a confirmation to sell even a 100 coin dragon, but no confirm to steal your gold. And gold is worth money even if you if yiu never paid for it. A dollar is still worth a dollar no matter how you got it. Gold is worth about $0.05so everytime Storm8 steals one gold they are taking a nickel out of your pocket.
    Level 200
    717Unique Dragons
    Accepting Neighbors, send invite to Jmthrive

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDe99 View Post
    Plus lack of planning on the part of a player is hardly the developers' responsibility. This is a game of strategy. I'm new still and I got through with just 10 gold to skip feeding Splatter to 13 and an ultimate during the Tournament (on at the same time in the earlier battles) which was only required because most of my dragons aren't yet the "big ***s" - again that was a strategic decision I made based on where I am in dragon development at this stage.

Mind you, I will say that I'd never have managed without being able to plan ahead based on the details available on this thread and the Wiki. To just do the Tales cold with no prior Tales experience would be very difficult! Very valuable information!
    I agree with you DeeDee, the first event I participated in I didn't come to the forums and it was quite difficult to get to the end prize. Since then I come here and read and learn, I've been playing a few months longer than you but I think you are doing spectacularly because you have used the forums and paid attention to the great advice that is posted here. Thank you to all that post tips to help us do well in the events and tournaments.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by zyfazix View Post
    Chapter 8 starts in 8 hours or so. Comic dragon is evolving to level 7, the breeding den is empty for the Virtue x Olympus combo and I've started crafting a blue hedge. Shouldn't run into any problems tomorrow unless they decide to throw in diamond or champions dragon in the Arena
    I'm not an expert but make sure your Chapter 8 is a blue hedge, because I believe the original posted blue hedge for Chapter 8 was changed to a red hedge for those above a certain level. Maybe it was above 31. I'm above level 31 and I had a red hedge for Chapters 8 and 10, NOT the originally posted blue hedge. Please check, read through this thread to confirm your set for Chapter 8, no sense in getting stuck.

BTW: I did virtue and Olympus too and got a cool Laserlight dragon!
    Last edited by ratsinthecity; 09-13-15 at 03:46 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Yup. I was busy this weekend... didn't read everything and now I am stuck without food. I'm so mad now. Can't get past level 10 comic now... ugh... I had everything else planned. I hate this game sometimes. I wish there was an un-do button.

Again stuck at arena. Last chapter last act Red queen knocked down my Flametail. I now want to get the final prize coz I have spend almost100 gold on it. Really. First 30 coz of my stupidity of occupying den and nest. Then in speeding up battles and evaluation and also on skipping tasks. God!! and its so late already
    Island Name:-RainForest
    Level:-113
    Other games I play:-
    Bakery Story 2,Restaurant Story,Fashion Story and Bakery StoryDragon Story is my most fav. Right now working on diamond hybrids and any good dragon that came along.

Feel free to add me on any and all games

on second thought, its game not life yes I am saving to get gold dragon but none of the gold was bought with real money. It was free so np. Anyways

SUGGESTION FOR RED QUEEN PLZ
    Island Name:-RainForest
    Level:-113
    Other games I play:-
    Bakery Story 2,Restaurant Story,Fashion Story and Bakery StoryDragon Story is my most fav. Right now working on diamond hybrids and any good dragon that came along.

Feel free to add me on any and all games

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ratsinthecity View Post
    I'm not an expert but make sure your Chapter 8 is a blue hedge, because I believe the original posted blue hedge for Chapter 8 was changed to a red hedge for those above a certain level. Maybe it was above 31. I'm above level 31 and I had a red hedge for Chapters 8 and 10, NOT the originally posted blue hedge. Please check, read through this thread to confirm your set for Chapter 8, no sense in getting stuck.

BTW: I did virtue and Olympus too and got a cool Laserlight dragon!
    Red hedge here too.
    359/484 unique dragons, 87 Epic (lvl 10 +), Level 178
    1 Diamond (15), 1 Infinity (15), 2 Crusader (13 & 5), 2 Quetzal (11 & 5), 1 Unicorn (10), 2 Gold (10 & 3), 1 Mercury (10), 1 Angel (9), 2 Anubis (10 & 3), Achilles (9)
    10 Champions, 6 Gold Producing, 6 Resource Producers
    3 Prime (Chroma 10, Eternal 10, Arcane 10)
    Arctic Isles 19 Epic, completed

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud." ~ Coco Chanel

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCouture2014 View Post
    Again stuck at arena. Last chapter last act Red queen knocked down my Flametail. I now want to get the final prize coz I have spend almost100 gold on it. Really. First 30 coz of my stupidity of occupying den and nest. Then in speeding up battles and evaluation and also on skipping tasks. God!! and its so late already
    I'm just getting into the chapter 10 battles with only 8 hours left. I'm on battle number 2 (lvl 12 Bat) and , not surprisingly, just lost one of my best dragons with a 75% chance of beating this dragon.

There is nothing more to say really than what I and others have already said. The code is manipulating the odds in the Battle Arena for events and tourneys and it's completely ridiculous. If S8/TL cannot stand the fact there are players out there who have amassed a good army of battle arena dragons and they want a specific amount of time invested in battling.... then make the quest objective be to battle X number of times in the battle arena. Quit changing odds on great matchups just to get people to buy or use their precious gold. It's unethical at best and most would consider it outright fraudulent.... you're treating your player base with zero respect and its got to stop.

This has absolutely nothing to do with bad planning. When you have great arena dragons with clear advantages on battles with every matchup and have to play 24/7 every single tournament or event there is an issue. I would accept it if this were isolated to an event or tourney here and there but it's not. It's code that has been put in place to adjust odds.
    Last edited by chuckyt888; 09-13-15 at 04:40 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCouture2014 View Post
    on second thought, its game not life yes I am saving to get gold dragon but none of the gold was bought with real money. It was free so np. Anyways

SUGGESTION FOR RED QUEEN PLZ
    Do you have warrior princess? It worked in red queen for me in the past. Good luck!