Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Tournament! 09/01/15 - Dusk Bunny

Help! I think I accidentally sold the bunny after speeding up its incubation on the nest! Anyone have any insight into wheatear storm 8 has given back a critter after an accident like this or if I'm outta luck on the chances of that happening?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsoul76 View Post
    Help! I think I accidentally sold the bunny after speeding up its incubation on the nest! Anyone have any insight into wheatear storm 8 has given back a critter after an accident like this or if I'm outta luck on the chances of that happening?
    Email them, with your storm8 ID, and let them know that yiiu accidentally sold it. I'm not saying this will get it back but asking them wont hurt. Good luck

Executive Chef
    Congrats SummerNightSky!! This was a terrible tournament for sure but it's a cute widdle bunny!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    Somehow I find myself at the last round. Got past Ruby on the second try early this morning and Danebow went down on the first try. Now two losses to the bunny. Don't have the gems to ultimate so only one shot left (need to speed up for that).

Edit: Done! Had to speed up twice (using 6 gems) but Ancient Sloth triumphed on the fourth attempt and I got the bunny. This was exhausting!

@ogreve I don't mind at all being used as an example in your post. I completely agree with you about raising a core group of fighters and I'm trying to do that as soon as possible but I don't yet have the coin income to only make the expensive food and with the Storybook Adventures we need a big food reserve. I finally got my unicorn to epic and Cthulhu is evolving to level 10 now but I'm once again out of food. Now I really need to stock up apples for the next Storybook. I'll get there with my fighters, but not quite yet. Working on it.
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 09-07-15 at 12:03 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Unfortunately I could not make it in the end again.

I was not able to beat the Ruby Razorback.

This is the third tournament in a row that I lost. But I will keep on trying every time.

Congrats to everyone who made it in the end. And a warmly "Cheer up" to everyone who is in the same Situation than me. One day we will also make it.

@Ogreve: Thank you for your advices, but for me it is the same like Sandybellee. I also keep trying to raise a group of A-fighters since I saw your thread here a few weeks ago but I am always short on food due to it is so expensive to feed them all. And I am far far away from what I would like to be. My only Ultra Rare is the Swan Prince named Azazel and it took me lots and lots of gems to get him. He is at level 11 now. I won a steamtrunk which is "only" super-rare by spinning the wheel and I am very happy to have it, but it is still in the storage due to I was trying to get the Mammoth (failed) and still try to get the Lunar Moth. I am not good in that "breeding by command" I think. And I was a bit too optimistic earlier and I bought the habitat for the Treasure Toucan and the Unicorn already and they both keep growing lonely until now .

Well anyway...I will stop moaning now and shake it all off and will wait and see what the 18er is I now have at my tree. Hopefully it is something I do not already have!
    I apologize for my bad english, but I hope all of you have a clue what I am on about and you can keep every mistake as a gift.

Rhino Keeper
    I have been reading this thread and I wanted to comment on the A list team of fighters. This is a great and idea and it works. I have not lost a single tournament since day one and working up this A list of fighters was the key. and key #2 is getting them to level 15. that seems to make a world of difference. Here is my list of A fighters.

Ancient Sloth - he is by far my best fighter. He wins all the time and he is my go to guy for sure. His nature attacks gets those gem animals every time.
    Gold Lion
    Ocean Owl
    Cactus Kitsrine
    Jade Kirin
    Nightmare this is the guy that takes down any gem animal. He is fantastic!!!
    Christmas Poodle. He is my only rare that is level 15 but he wins alot when we need that Christmas element!
    Magmacore

I have some others too but these guys are my core and the get the job done.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandybellee View Post
    @ogreve I don't mind at all being used as an example in your post. I completely agree with you about raising a core group of fighters and I'm trying to do that as soon as possible but I don't yet have the coin income to only make the expensive food and with the Storybook Adventures we need a big food reserve. I finally got my unicorn to epic and Cthulhu is evolving to level 10 now but I'm once again out of food. Now I really need to stock up apples for the next Storybook. I'll get there with my fighters, but not quite yet. Working on it.
    Firstly: congrats on having made it after all!! It would have been a major pity to "strand with the harbour in sight" (as we say over here). Good to see you made it after all!

Yes, the feeding part can be terrible. One further observation from your forest is that your farms are set apart and that only 4 of them are of the 'grand' kind. I can recommend you to bring them all together either in a single line of 6 farms, or in two adjacent rows of 3 farms. Personally I used to have them in the former mentioned configuration when leveling up my fighters, but now I have them in the latter mentioned configuration, occupying the 6 plots right in front of the mine. I can strongly recommend putting your farms in a similar configuration. Then, see to it that you upgrade the two small farms to grand level. You'll find that once they're all of the same size and in a more functional lay-out, the growing-harvesting process becomes more efficient. It also tends to result in fewer accidental gem spending when pacing through the farms.
    I vividly recall the tedious hours I spent doing back-to-back Power Pear planting (while doing other stuff too); it truly had me being a "PowerPearSlave - slave to the power of pears..." (pun intended - Google the word Powerslave to see where it comes from ).
    What I also found to be massively demotivating was to grow and harvest 24,000 food or so with Power Pears alone and then to see them being gulped down in an instant, only to result in a single level up of one animal, after which one had to start again. I found it to be more motivating to pick off a single animal first, grow the food until enough was obtained for a single feeding, then feed the animal, and do the same all over again. Doing it that way, it's less demotivating and you "more visually see" your animal gradually becomes stronger, step by step.
    In your particular forest, as you already have a Unicorn at epic level, I'd probably hold back on raising the Cthulhu to epic level a bit (though that one DOES seriously add to your earnings) and perhaps focus on getting your Treent, Thorilla (or Terradactyl), Ancient Sloth and/or Swan Prince to epic levels first (it's a good idea to write the elemental kinds they're strong against down, and then to focus on the animals that fill most gaps first). I don't recall from memory if you already have an epic Anubis or not, but that's another good recommendation. These animals should complement your Unicorn very well for getting a class A fighter squad. Particularly focus on the "gem and treasure ****ers" as those are always the toughest opponents to get past. The Ancient Sloth is cheap to raise, but the Treent and Swan Prince are not. Anubis is o.k., at the cost of a normal Super Rare.

Hang in there, try to optimise your food-growing process and start working right away on raising a good team. It will take a week or two of extensive effort but then you'll probably not have many issues on upcoming tournaments anymore, which is a great relief!

As for the food reserve: I don't think a new storytale will start before the Service trio is over and done with, so though I'm not sure, I *think* that for some 3 more weeks or so you can still use a good bit of that food. I am currently also working on having a food buffer (I'm at 109,565 now) and when it's over 150K I'll use the 'excess' food for leveling up prestige animals like the Egypt ones, simply because I like their epic forms. Growing a small army of class A fighters would take precedence for me over futile matters like 'prestige animals' and I have a solid fighter line up now and can afford to grow a lot of Charm Cherries, so my situation is quite different from yours. I guess in your situation it might not be a bad idea to keep some 50K-75K food in reserve and use the excess food of the coming two weeks for raising your fighter squad. When food comes in slowly, focus on as few animals as possible, and raise each one in turn a single complete level and then move on to the next animal. That way, you're leveling all of them up quickly to decent levels like 12 or so in relatively short time, and then after that at a slower pace they'll gradually all turn into level 13, then 14 and then 15.

In some two weeks time from now it may be a good idea to start working on a bigger food reserve just in case a new storytale is around the corner.
    I'm currently taking the same kind of risks with mining: I *really* need/want to expand as quickly as possible, so at this moment I'm directly mining each bomb away as it comes in. In some two weeks from now I want to build up a 10 bomb buffer. Before that time I hope to make at least one more expansion... :P

OK, just some thoughts!
    Congrats to those who managed to reel in the bunny after all, and good luck to those who are going to work on leveling up their fighters!
    Last edited by ogreve; 09-07-15 at 07:37 AM.

Executive Chef
    @ogreve Thanks for taking the time to do the analysis and write your suggestions! My Ancient Sloth has been epic for a long time, though. There's just no way to do well in tournaments without an epic Ancient Sloth, I think.

At the moment I'm definitely working on getting the Treent up there. It's only level 11 now. I also want to get Patriotter to epic level as soon as possible - it's already been a great fighter at levels 12 and 13 for me. Will definitely get Swan Prince, Terradactyl, Storm Sphinx, Anubis, Strawbeary, Peony Pony, Lullabison and Cthulhu to epic too. I don't want to feed Hareon or Fennec Shox to epic at ultra rare cost, so I'm hoping to breed a gold lion soon. The most crucial ones at the moment are Treent, Anubis, Patriotter and Storm Sphinx (it's level 13 already so will be quicker to raise than my level 11 Terradactyl).

My core epic fighters at the moment are Aperil Fool, Glacial Griffin, Ancient Sloth, Crystal Unicorn, Swan Princess and Twilight Troll. Definitely need the lightning element as soon as possible although Lightning Leopard has been a surprisingly good fighter for me.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122