Thread: Thoughts on the "Summer" Updates

Executive Chef

Thoughts on the "Summer" Updates

Please give your thoughts and feedback about the "Summer" updates. These are the updates that we have received in the past four months.

Be specific. Give both positive and negative feedback and thoughts. Also, please don't be rude.
    Sometimes, you just gotta shake your head, so you won't pop off at the mouth.

#sometimesifeellikeanupdatelesschild

Not adding neighbors at this time. All requests will be declined.
    ❤️Love ya, IsisGarden (Fashion Story Moderator)
    Ft Support Help: Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com

I live in New Zealand. Just outside Christchurch in the south island.
    To me it seems like we were getting really neat things each week eg/ The model displays, the spotty one, very nice counters, the science display, the plane display, single models. That all stopped and now we're lucky to get an outfit and maybe a couple of little things.

I love last week's chocolate displays but some wallpaper, tiles and a dressing room would have been great too.
    A few weeks ago we got a camera and perfume bottle that sat on the floor, I can't tell what the perfume bottle is ment to be.
    I love the butterfly wallpaper! I really like the shoe shelves in the blue and others we got. I didn't like the counters we got with the back to school outfit, I didn't like the colours. The shelves with clothes on them are great as are the glasses stand and the make-up stands. I love the 3 orange girls laughing together and the girls taking selfies of them selves. I'm not fussed on the music box or the brush and comb set.
    I hope that's of some help. I'm an adult that has been playing for a number of years now.

When I first started playing FS, each week brought some excited anticipation for Tuesdays at 2:30 pm Eastern. There beautiful displays at reasonable prices, complimentary dec pieces and a catalog outfit that more or less fit the theme for the week. About a year ago, right around the airplane update on 911 debacle, the updates started to decline in quality and content, while increasing in gem costs. People worried about the game heading toward pay to play.

This summer's offerings were, by and large, one disappointment after another. Our comments each week in the weekly update threads are testimony to a game company that ceased listening to the Voice of the Customer.

There have been polls and "what do you want" threads filled with customer feedback. Did anyone at S8 even read them?

Other than the July 4th and Mermaid updates, nothing stands out as truly summery. Both of those left had their problems as well. It appears the management of S8 doesn't really care about its customers. The Customer Service group certainly doesn't.

One positive note: S8 didn't bother to design anything truly lovely and then stow it in a box.
    Last edited by DragonWished; 09-01-15 at 12:19 PM.

Fashion Designer
    More Shirts would be nice (especially NON gem shirts) I understand you guys need to make money but it seems like the prices for things are just going up more and more. For example 29 and up priced hairstyles, shirts, dresses is making it hard to own new cute things.

The Crayola tables and racks were just too coloful and in my opinion not cute... maybe some do love them but personally I feel like it wasn't cute, intresting or my style.
    The Mermaid Cove was REALLY nice and cute!
    Young Love and 4th of july theme was also pretty. The white dress was cute and hope you guys make more cute new dress contents, especially if its a gothic lolita theme dress.
    I really really liked the new wall mirrors you guys came out with and the new colorful hair colors especially the pink one. New lip colors and hair colors for fall would be fun to see.

New dressing rooms and floors would be really nice. I feel like yall haven't really made cute or new dressing rooms. The butterfly one, rose, french,art deco, spring, red floral, geisha, and tea cup are really cute, I hope you guys make some new dressing rooms for fall and especially winter.

Rhino Keeper
    I really like the ideas/details/themes in the past months.. Unfortunately they were not full updates. Beautiful but few.

The Chocolate displays were brilliant, also the Butterfly theme.
    ID: emmayandere

Fashion Story (active, gift daily)

I live in New Zealand. Just outside Christchurch in the south island.
    This weeks update has to be one of the worst! Football really? I always try and see something positive in an update but this takes the cake and there's nothing positive about it.

I buy a lot of gems as my records would show but I don't see the point in buying them for FS right now because we don't get much and what we do get isn't always worth spending gems on.

What is going on? Are you wanting to drop FS and bore us out of playing it? I want some answers, please.

I recently started playing FS because my aunt told me about it, and she always seemed excited about it. (My sister soon joined me.)

I heard that we received cool updates that included tables and counters, wallpaper, floor tiles, wall decor, floor decor, cute LTOs, and great catalogues. While I have seen examples of all of the above, I haven't seen a whole update one time.

I was looking forward to playing the game, and creating a super cool boutique, but, that hasn't been the case. The design of the items are cute, but the items are very limited. There haven't been much in the way of LTOs too often.

I'm very disappointed in what I have seen in the time I have been playing the game.

I wish we could get a full update: tables and counters, wallpaper, floor tiles, wall decor, floor decor, cute LTOs, and great catalogues. Also, some new dressing rooms would be great.
    I also wish we could get appropriate seasonal or holiday decor. We only received a couple measly Summer updates in three months. That's horrendous.

I wish you all would make it so we can place wallpaper and floor tiles without having to go back to the menu each time. Good grief, it takes forever to decorate doing it that way. A block feature would be amazing, too.

Just my thoughts.

Soccer shorts

Quote Originally Posted by IsisGarden View Post
    Please give your thoughts and feedback about the "Summer" updates. These are the updates that we have received in the past four months.

Be specific. Give both positive and negative feedback and thoughts. Also, please don't be rude.
    what's the deal with the soccer shorts, we cannot wear them, they are tiny and look weird.

Host(ess)
    I liked most of the items in the catalog that were released over the summer. Most are not things that I would choose for myself, but many of them were colored and cut in ways that allowed me to group racks and counters in my store in a thematic or pleasing way.

I did not like the following:

Too many catalog items take more than 6 hours. Far, far too many items take more than 12 hours.

How many US Independence Day catalog themes do we need? It was nice to see the Bastille catalog theme simply because it adds some cosmopolitan balance.

Too many displays take up more than one tile.

Too many displays cost in gems or cost too many gems.

Several mannequin and table based displays were disproportionate to the rest of the mannequin and table based displays, which made them unattractive in the context of the shop no matter how attractive they were in the design catalog.

Executive Chef
    I like previous goals and updates. I do enjoy the game. Well I like fall items especially the Speckle Room and Speckle Blouse. I hope to see Halloween design stuff like shelf and spooky costume for Halloween Party Dinner. since Halloween is coming soon.

I dislike to have too many displays that cost too many gems. The females customers come into the shop always look alike. Should have some guys come into the shop as well. Have Male clothings as well. clothings for unisex.
    Last edited by Bakerling; 10-17-15 at 11:37 AM.