Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you sell ovens after mastering?

Do you sell ovens after mastering?

I'm curious what other players do- once you master all recipes on an appliance, do you sell the appliances or store them? are new recipes ever added to them outside of the main oven and drink machine? I wonder if I've just never noticed recipes being added... I hate to hold onto all these appliances but I don't want to have to build them again if a recipe gets added. Decisions, decisions.

Executive Chef
    No, they don't add recipes to appliances other than the basics, so you could theoretically sell them after mastering. I don't (not that i've mastered most of them) because I like my food to match my decorating, so I might need them again for that. Or I just generally think the dish they cook is pretty.

Also, I like scrolling past and seeing that I have exactly 6 machines of every type, except they ruined it with the stupid gem ovens.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    Why sell them? You can only get back 1/10 of its price.

Same here, I like to see the little red triangle at the corner of each cubicle, and that is the only grey-out cubicle in my list.

Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    Also, I like scrolling past and seeing that I have exactly 6 machines of every type, except they ruined it with the stupid gem ovens.

Rhino Keeper
    Like mysta said, its not really worth it selling the ovens. I don't sell mine either.
    There are specific dishes in specific ovens with a good serving size, in case I'm getting low on food (that's mostly on RS though), i can quickly fill up my counters with these dishes.

Executive Chef
    I have mastered all the recipes in all the machines. Now left only two types of machines that need to master the recipes.

Well I have sold away all those machines that I have mastered the recipes so that I am not confuse which machines I have not yet master the recipes. if you sell the machine, you can only get 10 percent of the money back. For example I bought the machine for 40,000 coins, if I sold it I can only can back 4,000 coins for the machine I sold.

Fashion Designer
    I also leave only 2 of the ovens after I master it just in case I want to use it for decoration purposes. Honestly, I have enough coins that getting only 10% back doesn't bother me at all. So I do it to keep track of what I've mastered and what I haven't.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    I have mastered all the recipes in all the machines. Now left only two types of machines that need to master the recipes.

Well I have sold away all those machines that I have mastered the recipes so that I am not confuse which machines I have not yet master the recipes. if you sell the machine, you can only get 10 percent of the money back. For example I bought the machine for 40,000 coins, if I sold it I can only can back 4,000 coins for the machine I sold.
    mastered every recipe? including old ones?

I'm literally going back to old ones and seeing if I mastered them then focus on newish ones

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    mastered every recipe? including old ones?

I'm literally going back to old ones and seeing if I mastered them then focus on newish ones
    Yes I mastered ALL RECIPES IN ALL MACHINES. Now left only Colonial Oven and Sweet N Spice need to master the recipes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	23283 recipes in colonial oven

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	23284 recipes in Swet N Spice

Executive Chef
    Was that colonial oven for gems?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaSmooth View Post
    Was that colonial oven for gems?
    Yeppers....5 gems

I honestly don't understand the point of selling ovens when you master the recipes. I love the looks of certain ones and make them all the time even after I have mastered them. Plus if you get rid of an oven you no longer have the option to buy it again even if you want to. I keep them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast