Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How to get 3 points in level...

How to get 3 stars in level...

Here's a new thread for those who have solved all the availabe levels and want to go back and get three stars in each level.
    I am stuck in level 284 and can't get more than two stars. Any ideas?
    Last edited by anidor3; 06-25-14 at 11:43 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm pretty sure I used a boost to keep my streaks going for 284. But the spiders were the bigger problem for me. Sometimes you waste a lot of coins on boosts thanks to those buggers.

Rhino Keeper
    I was able to get three stars in level 284 without using any boosts, but it took many tries, in part because of the randomness of the spiders. My key tip for this level is to not uncover snow from any bubble other than yellow, orange, and red ones - the three colors critical to the level. This will minimize the introduction into the bubble queue of bubbles that are not especially helpful for winning the level. Having done that, if you can make good progress and finish the level with seven or eight bubbles still remaining, that will give you plenty of extra points at the end, and hopefully enough to push you into three star territory. Actually, one slight caveat: it is OK to uncover snow off a non-yellow/orange/red bubble provided that you can quickly, in one of the next several turns, drop it out of the game before the queue is filled with bubbles of that color. A second tip for this level is to activate the yellow bulb bubbles via the upper right yellow switch, rather than the one of the left. Finally, because the spiders can seemingly come out of nowhere and quickly end the game, it is best to give priority to dropping out spiders whenever the chance to do so presents itself.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't want to be told how to do it (yet) but man, 345 is a beast to get 3 stars on.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not sure we could tell you. Just up to 196 on my 3 star quest. Glad I have some bank built up. How long have you been working on it?

Rhino Keeper
    How long have I been working on 345 in particular? Hard to say exactly, because I jump around if a certain level is too difficult at that time. (I play for fun, not frustration!) A couple days, I suppose. I know what I need to do (with the assistance of rainbow bubbles) but haven't been able to execute it perfectly. A couple times I got so close I thought I MIGHT have gotten it... You know how the progress bar goes up under the stars, and you can't quite tell how far? But no. Just short. :'(

Rhino Keeper
    That all sounds familiar, especially the "fun not frustration" part. Funny, I decided to look at 345 for kicks and it was one I happened to have 3 stars on. I tried playing it but was totally lost. You know how it takes a few before you figure out what's what, especially with those flip-flops.

Rhino Keeper
    Lol. Yeah. Sometimes when there's so much flip flopping going on, I actually write down the pattern. The problem with 345 is, the patterns change every time you play.

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah, my wife used to laugh when I would write it down. Then she got that far and I caught doing the same thing. I'll be curious to play those again when/if I get that far going for 3. I actually have 3 on 344 too. Go figure.

Rhino Keeper
    Hey kristan. Wondering if you managed to get 3 on 345? I've been doing pretty well. I'm up to 264, but progress is getting slower. I wish I would have gone for 3 on some of these the first time around. It can take a little bit to figure them out...again.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast