Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fed up with Gold Nugget Requirements

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I can see you're frustrated... There is no need to use gems to complete main story untimed goals. Some goals take minutes, others months. That's just the reality of this game. Plus, if you only play once a day for example, then goals take even longer.

Gold nuggets are rare. The drop rates are unlikely to change. So, the best strategy to take would be to tackle one goal at a time. If you go on Explore Dark Caves adventures you're likely to get a nugget. Go on a rock cropping chopping frenzy. Make sure you have 2 sparkling mines and 2 deep mines. If you have a Dark Cave Formation in inventory, chop it, don't keep it. Wait until you have enough for 1 goal before using them.

Some players swear by having a minimum number of items in inventory to have better drop rates of that item (eg, min of 20). Personally, I have always found this to work but others would argue vehemently it doesn't. You have to find what works for you.

Pep talk over! Persevere, it's all you can do and good luck. We all have our fingers crossed for more gold to come your way.

So I tried to just crop 6 x dark rock formations and got nothing at all but stones. Waste....

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megan1986pa View Post
    So I tried to just crop 6 x dark rock formations and got nothing at all but stones. Waste....
    oh no, that's terrible! you're right...waste. They should have coughed up at least 1 nugget for all your effort. Random drops can be incredibly frustrating can't they. I'm sorry it didn't drop any nuggets; for some they do.

Rhino Keeper
    Jousting arena and now hamlet sucked up all my nuggets and NOW i have the adamant quest which needs 5 nuggets...UGH!!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by anurulz View Post
    Jousting arena and now hamlet sucked up all my nuggets and NOW i have the adamant quest which needs 5 nuggets...UGH!!!!
    The exact same thing happened to me with the Jousting Arena. All nuggets swallowed up and nothing new generated. If I'd known that they were going to stop dropping I would have left the jousting arena till later. In the end I spent several days using up all of my energy chopping piles of rocks till I generated the nuggets - I managed about one a day.

And a bit further on in the adamant story I've got a mithril shortage. Have not seen any drop for days and am reduced to making it from silver.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by EsmeW2 View Post
    The exact same thing happened to me with the Jousting Arena. All nuggets swallowed up and nothing new generated. If I'd known that they were going to stop dropping I would have left the jousting arena till later. In the end I spent several days using up all of my energy chopping piles of rocks till I generated the nuggets - I managed about one a day.

And a bit further on in the adamant story I've got a mithril shortage. Have not seen any drop for days and am reduced to making it from silver.
    I had splurged on the mithril dragon quite sum time back coz i wanted a dragon badly ( before the forgotten roost quest) so mithril is not really an issue for me..am chopping all the unstorable rocks these days wenever i have a surplus of energy too...no nuggets..but then these are long term goals..just annoying tht the jousting arena, sir hamlet and the adamant quest came subsequently for me..

Gold nuggets...ugrrrrrrrrrr

What else do I need to purchase to mine gold nuggets.
    Tired of spending real dollars...and neither of my mines are giving me gold.

Rhino Keeper
    I got most of mine with rock cropping ...not often though.. Maybe 1 every 5-7 rock groups of 20 hits each rock ...have lots of coin so only use coin, but short of energy since takes a lot of energy ..

New Resident

Frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I can see you're frustrated... There is no need to use gems to complete main story untimed goals. Some goals take minutes, others months. That's just the reality of this game. Plus, if you only play once a day for example, then goals take even longer.

Gold nuggets are rare. The drop rates are unlikely to change. So, the best strategy to take would be to tackle one goal at a time. If you go on Explore Dark Caves adventures you're likely to get a nugget. Go on a rock cropping chopping frenzy. Make sure you have 2 sparkling mines and 2 deep mines. If you have a Dark Cave Formation in inventory, chop it, don't keep it. Wait until you have enough for 1 goal before using them.

Some players swear by having a minimum number of items in inventory to have better drop rates of that item (eg, min of 20). Personally, I have always found this to work but others would argue vehemently it doesn't. You have to find what works for you.

Pep talk over! Persevere, it's all you can do and good luck. We all have our fingers crossed for more gold to come your way.
    This is the second event in the past couple months that has required gold nuggets. The last one I didn?t say anything because it was just one of the goals. This current one has required me to spend six of the 10 I?ve been able to acquire over the past few months... and this time, I?m not happy at all about this. Unlike the original comment, I DO use my money to pay for gems. But I do that every once in a while, and I do it to get me over the edge if I?m close to meeting a goal but time is almost up and I?m not going to make it. I?ve played this game for quite some time now, and I?m beginning to realize I?m wasting my money. As a PAYING customer I?d hope my opinion matters, that timed goals should not require the use of ULTRA RARE items. Next time an event requires me to use any item as such, will be my last time playing AND paying for this game. Sorry but I?m just not satisfied.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12