Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Dispenser

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    1. Does the dispenser have a limited lifespan or can we use it forever?

2. I read that there's a timer counting down to 0 (collection time). Does that mean the dispenser can only hold 1 gem at a time and will not accumulate any further until you've collected?

3. Do the gems expire if not collected within a certain period of time?
    One more:

4. I don't see this offer nor the item itself on people's bakeries (like how people on Android say they can't) on iOS version 1.7.5 but it is there once I updated to the faulty 1.7.6. If I buy it using 1.7.6 and then downgrade to 1.7.5, will it still work or not?
    I don't work for S8, so I can be wrong. I'm basing on my games and technical experiences.

Answers
    1. It should be forever like the dragons in DS and the show ponies in FS2.
    2. It holds a gem until you collect it. Then the timer counts down.
    3. I don't think gem will expire. My other games didn't. They just stay there till I collect.
    4. Best for s8 to answer but by then the sale may have ended. IMHO, it may not work in 1.7.5 since the dispenser is released in 1.7.6. I can't find 1.7.5 in App Store.

Fashion Designer
    One more:

4. I don't see this offer nor the item itself on people's bakeries (like how people on Android say they can't) on iOS version 1.7.5 but it is there once I updated to the faulty 1.7.6. If I buy it using 1.7.6 and then downgrade to 1.7.5, will it still work or not?
    I bought it with 1.7.6 and it's invisible on 1.7.5

Fashion Designer
    One more:

I didn't get a popup for the gem dispenser. I'm on iOS and have a bakery on my phone and my iPad, both have the most current iOS.

But I do not have the most current version of Bakery. The reviews of this current version are so horrible (so many bugs!) that I'm not going to download it. I don't care about the gem dispenser. Because:

1. We can't get important questions answered, because the sale price expires on Sunday and no one who works at S8 on the weekend (if any of them do) interacts with these forums. I'm certainly NOT going to buy the item at the NON-sale price.

2. It's too much of a commitment. How do I know I will want or be able to play this game 3-1/2+ months from now? I'm at Level 99. I have LOTS of recipes yet to conquer. I have lots and lots and LOTS of food, so I don't need to cook a lot (if at all). I have even less incentive to buy such an item in Restaurant, if it were offered. For what do I need a lot of gems? My Restaurant is nearly expanded to the max, and I have so much stuff in inventory. I don't like my Restaurant to look cluttered. Every so often I'll remodel. But what I'd really like is a Second Story, or a Basement. This is the perfect solution, it seems to me, for those of us who are expanded to the max. You'd have a brand new floor to gradually expand, and more space for all your stuff. I can't believe they can't figure out how to program this.

I'd also like to see an indefinite amount of Levels. Why make it impossible to get to Level 100? If you progressed at the same progression you experienced to get to Level 99 ABOVE Level 99, why, some of us would be at least to Level 130 or something. Why cap it at all?

(BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)

Farm Supplier
    I wish they had it for fashion story.

Host(ess)
    I haven't had the pop-up yet is the Gem Dispencer open for everyone to buy or is it only for ios users to purchase?

Executive Chef
    iOS only.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    1.7.6? I'm on iOS 8.4.1! Are the updates different per country? From Australia here. How do you even downgrade once you've upgraded?
    I mean that is the current version of Bakery Story, not the actual iOS. xD You can downgrade a game version through iTunes as long as you have a backup of the previous version on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ilaria2464 View Post
    From a business standpoint releasing this over the weekend wasn't smart. It says the 50% sale ends tomorrow, yet they hardly gave any info on the dispenser. All of these questions need to be answered! Especially because of how EXPENSIVE it is. I would consider buying it but I need a 30% gem sale or no deal. The offer should be extended past Sunday so people actually have the time to purchase gems.
    On the contrary, I think it might be kind of a smart move for them. Consider how many people who are thinking of buying it and have just enough gems to spend for the sale price, but are having doubts because of the lack of information. In the end they might probably just buy it out of desperation and desire to get it for half the original price. S8 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    (BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)
    True, which is why I make use of an alarm to collect gold from my treasure dragons on Dragon Story. I don't have to remember the time of my last collection. I just collect when my alarm tells me to, eliminating the need to check the game constantly so I can actually spend my time doing some real life stuff without worrying about stale gem/gold. If I end up getting this dispenser, I'll just set it at the same time as my gold collection alarm so it's easier. Of course I can't dictate what people should or should not do, but I think that's one of the better solutions out there if you want to get the value of what you paid for in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by seachef2 View Post
    I haven't had the pop-up yet is the Gem Dispencer open for everyone to buy or is it only for ios users to purchase?
    Only for iOS users using the game version 1.7.6.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDA3209 View Post
    Hi, I bought the Gem Dispenser the other day. Yes you do have to tap on the machine every 12 hours to get the gem, but then it instantly starts the 12 hour time period again. I've already gotten 3 gems, figure it will pay for itself in 3 1/2 months and keep on giving me 2 gems daily. Figured I'd take a chance and so far I'm happy with my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    I don't work for S8, so I can be wrong. I'm basing on my games and technical experiences.

Answers
    1. It should be forever like the dragons in DS and the show ponies in FS2.
    2. It holds a gem until you collect it. Then the timer counts down.
    3. I don't think gem will expire. My other games didn't. They just stay there till I collect.
    4. Best for s8 to answer but by then the sale may have ended. IMHO, it may not work in 1.7.5 since the dispenser is released in 1.7.6. I can't find 1.7.5 in App Store.
    Quote Originally Posted by olcastle View Post
    I bought it with 1.7.6 and it's invisible on 1.7.5
    Thank you guys for the input! I also don't think someone official would come here and explain stuff before the sale ends since it wouldn't be the first time that has happened but you guys are of great help. Now I'm more annoyed that if I get this, I have to keep using that crappy 1.7.6 version that they haven't bothered fixing for months now. I also unfortunately don't have the watch ads for gems (got the speed up thing instead) offer so this is the only thing I will have going for me in that version. xD

ETA: Funny how this thread became a sticky post but no one from the team bothered answering questions.
    Last edited by PepperWoo; 08-23-15 at 07:48 AM.

Executive Chef
    Does anyone know yet if you go past 24 hours in collecting it does it, for better lack of a word, spoil and not reset automatically?

Executive Chef
    Based on my experience with gold-giving dragons in Dragon Story, this new Gem Dispenser is a certainly a good investment especially if you're a regular player. You might think 16 weeks is a long time wait to break-even but if you play everyday and spend countless of hours in this game, 16 weeks will just fly by and it will be positive earnings after that. For those worrying about the coming Black Friday, if you buy it now and collect from it every 12 hours without fail, you would already have made around 190 gems back by the time BF kicks in and that's not too bad. However, I have some questions that I really hope the mods/anyone will answer before the sale ends.

1. Does the dispenser have a limited lifespan or can we use it forever?

2. I read that there's a timer counting down to 0 (collection time). Does that mean the dispenser can only hold 1 gem at a time and will not accumulate any further until you've collected?

3. Do the gems expire if not collected within a certain period of time?
    Question 2: when gem are ready it will place on top of the gem dispenser.it will only hold 1 gem at a time until you collect it. Then the timer countdown start for another 12 hours.

Question 3: gems will not expire. It will stay on top of the gems dispenser until you collect it. If you collect the gem 48 hours later. You can only collect 1 gem not 4 gems. So I think this gem dispenser don't real helpful.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast