Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Gem Dispenser

Fashion Designer
    It won't help, but I third it.

Farm Supplier

The problem with Android

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamear View Post
    Why is it I feel like us Android users always miss out when it comes to the good stuff? Especially gems....
    The problem with Android is that it is much harder to develop complex game features, sometimes the situation is so bad that game developers do not bother making a droid version at all because they would have to hire so many programmers to do it that they cannot make it profitably. For games that are completely free, they often do not make a Droid version because they cannot afford the amount of time to create a properly working version on that platform, according to numerous interviews with well known software developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    The problem with Android is that it is much harder to develop complex game features, sometimes the situation is so bad that game developers do not bother making a droid version at all because they would have to hire so many programmers to do it that they cannot make it profitably. For games that are completely free, they often do not make a Droid version because they cannot afford the amount of time to create a properly working version on that platform, according to numerous interviews with well known software developers.
    That's kind of crazy.... I know there are games that are on Droid only so I thought it was a preference thing.. Still seems crazy Droid development is that much more expensive.

Thank you for the information it really helps

Fashion Designer
    It's much harder for android because there are so many versions that people use. Plus there's also so many different devices and what will work on say a Samsung phone with the newest version of android may have to be coded differently on the latest Nokia using the same version of android. Saying that, I do still think it's unfair that gem dispensers were available to us iOS players and not android players.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Why have it in the game and allow people to think they can save up and get and then it?s gone. Just irritating like the videos used to be for gems now they are for double coins but I guess less coins now and Janice did before

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by angel3rose View Post
    Why have it in the game and allow people to think they can save up and get and then it?s gone. Just irritating like the videos used to be for gems now they are for double coins but I guess less coins now and Janice did before
    I think they've realized it's a mistake to have it in the game - despite the price (originally 450 gems) a player will definitely profit in around a year and will not spend actual money on gems.

As much as I'd like to have a few more, I don't think they'll ever be re-released unless perhaps they need some quick cash. I'll be concerned if that happens.

Rhino Keeper
    please give us back the Gem Dispenser please so many people are asking this please please!

Personally, I'd rather see the videos back. You watch 10 videos, you get 10 gems. It's the game players choice if they want to watch all 10 or just few or none at all.

Plus the videos were for all devices. If 10 gems a day is too many, than go with 2, 4 or 5. I would rather get a gem for watching a video than 2 hours off my cook time. Give us 4 gems a day that equals 4 hours of cook time.

I know this post is falling on deaf ears because S8 doesn't listen to what's being said in the form. The proof is the longer cook time poll... people overwhelmingly wanted longer cook times & lower prices. That has yet to happen.

Unfortunately, I'll believe S8 listens to their form when I see changes.

Bakery Story S8 Dreamear lvl 99.

Adding active players who don't care about tipping.

I don't care if my neighbor's tipping rate is zero so long as responding/accepting material requests, gifting goal parts during a goal & usable parts during non-goal times.

Started playing August 2017
    This is a game, it's supposed to be fun.
    Not stressful

Farm Supplier
    DRoid development is crazy expensive in time, money or both because the Android operating system is nothing more that a cheap flavor of Linux. linux was never deleted to be a proper gaming platform, it was invented simply as a way for college students who didn't have any money to have an operating system that didn't cost a fortune (i.e. Microsoft Windows). Some of the students then tool Linux to the big corporations to use on their servers so the corporations did not have to pay OS license fees to Microsoft (Windows server) or to AT&T (UNIX), so although its become very popular with these corporations, Linux was still not developed as a gaming environment, its developed as a server operating system (which is much simpler than any gaming platform because each server really only has to perform one function over and over again all the time).

When word baked out that Apple was creating a next generation cell phone, Google hurriedly purchased the Android operating system from a small unprofitable startup company, which had been poorly cobbled together to work as an OS for flip phones. Once again, it was not developed as a game platform, it was merely the most basic phone OS that those guys could cobble together.

Google rushed the Android operating system to market because they wrongly assumed that Apple was making a simply flip phone, so Google also did not create an optimized gaming operating system, they simply cobbled together a few barely functional components then went to town selling it as something amazing, which it wasn't and still isn't.

Once Apple lit the mobile gaming industry on fire with superior games, the Google kludged together a few tacked on features to Android (Droid) to make building games a little easier but he truth of the matter is that to this day the top game developers all still say that they produce the best games on Apple's iOS first because they can do it much faster, easier and with far more security than they can on Droid. Much of the time they just don't bother making a Droid version at all because they have to write so much code to make the game work that it either is too slow to play or its just taking too long to finish and they give up.

The difference between iOS and Droid (under the hood) is enormous. Although both have their roots in UNIX, iOS is still based on Darwin (Apple's core operating system that powers iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS) and Darwin is one of he very few operating systems that is certified as a true UNIX. Droid is just another flavor of Linux which is a do-it-yourslef kludge of disparate components that are often forced into working together to get a barely functional operating system running.

This all means that you should not expect all features to show up on the same game on the Droid platform because the developers feel too much pain in trying to do so, not to mention the horrendous problems trying to keep Droid secure because Google does a terrible job at making and keeping Droid users secure.

Farm Supplier
    Yes! Please give u the Gem Dispenser, pretty please!