Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Gem Dispenser

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Azul View Post
    DRoid development is crazy expensive in time, money or both because the Android operating system is nothing more that a cheap flavor of Linux. linux was never deleted to be a proper gaming platform, it was invented simply as a way for college students who didn't have any money to have an operating system that didn't cost a fortune (i.e. Microsoft Windows). Some of the students then tool Linux to the big corporations to use on their servers so the corporations did not have to pay OS license fees to Microsoft (Windows server) or to AT&T (UNIX), so although its become very popular with these corporations, Linux was still not developed as a gaming environment, its developed as a server operating system (which is much simpler than any gaming platform because each server really only has to perform one function over and over again all the time).

When word baked out that Apple was creating a next generation cell phone, Google hurriedly purchased the Android operating system from a small unprofitable startup company, which had been poorly cobbled together to work as an OS for flip phones. Once again, it was not developed as a game platform, it was merely the most basic phone OS that those guys could cobble together.

Google rushed the Android operating system to market because they wrongly assumed that Apple was making a simply flip phone, so Google also did not create an optimized gaming operating system, they simply cobbled together a few barely functional components then went to town selling it as something amazing, which it wasn't and still isn't.

Once Apple lit the mobile gaming industry on fire with superior games, the Google kludged together a few tacked on features to Android (Droid) to make building games a little easier but he truth of the matter is that to this day the top game developers all still say that they produce the best games on Apple's iOS first because they can do it much faster, easier and with far more security than they can on Droid. Much of the time they just don't bother making a Droid version at all because they have to write so much code to make the game work that it either is too slow to play or its just taking too long to finish and they give up.

The difference between iOS and Droid (under the hood) is enormous. Although both have their roots in UNIX, iOS is still based on Darwin (Apple's core operating system that powers iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS) and Darwin is one of he very few operating systems that is certified as a true UNIX. Droid is just another flavor of Linux which is a do-it-yourslef kludge of disparate components that are often forced into working together to get a barely functional operating system running.

This all means that you should not expect all features to show up on the same game on the Droid platform because the developers feel too much pain in trying to do so, not to mention the horrendous problems trying to keep Droid secure because Google does a terrible job at making and keeping Droid users secure.
    Interesting! The more you know...

Rhino Keeper
    pls bring back the Gem Dispenser as limited offer

Farm Supplier
    GEM DISPENSER ON SALE !!! Only in Bakery, not in Restaurant ?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by mamimari View Post
    GEM DISPENSER ON SALE !!! Only in Bakery, not in Restaurant ?!?!
    Yes...
    How sad is that����
    fawziaj

Rhino Keeper
    It?s gone again.

Fashion Designer
    Ugh, did I miss it? How sad.

Fashion Designer
    WOW It has been removed. I?m pleased I got in quickly. I bought 2 more tonight so 8 in total now. They shouldn?t have put it for sale at all if they were going to remove it before the sale ended! I feel so sorry for everyone that will miss out. It?s not fair at all.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Farm Supplier
    The gem dispenser is once available, Yay!

No, wait, now its gone! I'm glad I was able to get it but all my neighbors who don't play until they get home from work will be so disappointed! its so sad!

I really would like to see the Gem Dispenser be available all year long, please.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425