Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Gem Dispenser

Quote Originally Posted by farmerprecious View Post
    i bought 2 days ago the gem dispencer in both Bakery and Restaurant..in Restaurant everything is fine,but in Bakery, although my 225 gems are STILL MISSING from that purchase, gem dispencer is MISSING TOO!!! it's not where i put it & it's not stored anywhere! yesterday i collect from it my 2 gems and today it doesn't exist!! i want to know if anyone else had any same problem
    Also i found out that in my android phone gem dispenser doesn't exist not even in Restaurant,so i have to collect gems only from iphone
    i'm guessing incompatibility between 2 softwares,but still doesn't explain the loss in iphone
    You have to be very very careful if you move between iOS and Android. It's likely that if you redecorated in any way on Android you may have overwritten the gem dispenser if you moved any decorations over it. S8 could have implemented this this better by showing the dispenser as a normal decoration on Android, but for some reason they haven't.

I saw a similar problem with Farm Story 2 where I bought a gem item in Android and placed it on what I thought was a blank space when in fact the space was holding an iOS only decoration. The game took my gems, and then freezed up, then reloaded/refreshed and the gem item disappeared! My gem count was still lower, and the decoration was not in my storage. The game just didn't know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgarza09 View Post
    I wish they had it for fashion story.
    Fashion Story is dying a slow death. They're not really releasing much stuff each week, and out of all the S8 games, it is the only one that hasn't had a software update recently. I can tell because the app icon still displays the old S8 Stormie's head icon, not the two tone 8. If they don't update the software then they won't be able to introduce an item like this. I wouldn't be surprised if all the developers for the Fashion Story team have disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    On the contrary, I think it might be kind of a smart move for them. Consider how many people who are thinking of buying it and have just enough gems to spend for the sale price, but are having doubts because of the lack of information. In the end they might probably just buy it out of desperation and desire to get it for half the original price. S8 wins.
    S8 released an item like this because they are losing players on an aging game. I don't think Restaurant Story 2 has been a great success at converting players to a new game. Because they neglected Bakery Story and Restaurant Story (among other earlier games) people have lost interest and have built up huge gem reserves. I had over 400 gems from installing S8 apps alone. Releasing an item like this both uses up gem hoards like that and also provides a reason for a player to login every day (or half day) to collect gems. At least that's the theory.

S8 have also started sending out useless annoying app announcements on FS, DS, RS & BS reminding players to come back and play, which is kind of sad. In fact it could backfire in causing some players to get annoyed at the fake announcements, such that they might just altogether switch off announcements, or even delete the old game altogether.

If they don't make these games more fun to play, then it doesn't matter if you earn one or two gems a day. It's not worth the trouble. I bought the dispenser in RS (two since I had that much saved) and BS during their sale, but only just collected it now because I had no reason to login to the games. In fact I'm not even sure it collected properly since I didn't notice my gem count go up. Maybe it glitched since I waited too long. I noticed that on Farm Story 2 if you let a train delivery package uncollected for several days when you collected it the gem wouldn't be collected. Might be a security feature on gem giving actions to prevent abuse of the system.

Executive Chef
    If you only log in once about every 24 hours, would you have 2 gems ready to collect? Because remembering to log in exactly every 12 hours is another nuisance from this game that I do not need, but if I didn't log on for three days for instance and my gems were building up on their own, then I wouldn't worry about missing out and might actually consider buying this in both games on all accounts. These games already feel like you need to "babysit" them all day, especially CS with the absurdly ridiculous 40 energy cap, where it should be at least 60, or even 100 past level 25, the main reason why I'm feeling very very tempted to delete it recently off all my devices.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    If you only log in once about every 24 hours, would you have 2 gems ready to collect?
    No, 1 gem comes up every 12 hours and the countdown to the next gem doesn't start until that gem is collected.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerprecious View Post
    i bought 2 days ago the gem dispencer in both Bakery and Restaurant..in Restaurant everything is fine,but in Bakery, although my 225 gems are STILL MISSING from that purchase, gem dispencer is MISSING TOO!!! it's not where i put it & it's not stored anywhere! yesterday i collect from it my 2 gems and today it doesn't exist!! i want to know if anyone else had any same problem
    Also i found out that in my android phone gem dispenser doesn't exist not even in Restaurant,so i have to collect gems only from iphone
    i'm guessing incompatibility between 2 softwares,but still doesn't explain the loss in iphone
    The gem dispenser is only for iOS user. So you cannot see it in android devices. You can't collect the gem from the gem dispenser on android devices. It is not available. Not fair for android users.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    You have to be very very careful if you move between iOS and Android. It's likely that if you redecorated in any way on Android you may have overwritten the gem dispenser if you moved any decorations over it. S8 could have implemented this this better by showing the dispenser as a normal decoration on Android, but for some reason they haven't.

I saw a similar problem with Farm Story 2 where I bought a gem item in Android and placed it on what I thought was a blank space when in fact the space was holding an iOS only decoration. The game took my gems, and then freezed up, then reloaded/refreshed and the gem item disappeared! My gem count was still lower, and the decoration was not in my storage. The game just didn't know what to do.
    Goodness, I was gonna do the same thing earlier! I was in design mode on Android and noticed that the spot where I placed the dispenser is available and was about to place a random deco over to experiment but decided against it in the end. WHEW dodged a bullet there. Glad I saw your post! One wrong move and it could actually cost us our stuff. I mean, who knows how many people playing on both OS are not aware of this bug?! Better fix this S8.

Executive Chef
    I only buy decor on Android, log out and then log back in on iOS to decorate. Much easier to decorate on iOS.

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I only buy decor on Android, log out and then log back in on iOS to decorate. Much easier to decorate on iOS.
    How come?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3squares View Post
    (BTW, that 3-1/2 month time frame for recouping your investment only holds true if you are religious about collecting every 12 hours. For those non-robots among us, reality is that sometimes it will be almost exactly 12 hours after countdown that you collect, but much more often that 12 hour countdown will happen and the gem will sit there for an indefinite period of time until you wake up, finish your class, get off the freeway, or after whatever else it is you're doing IRL.)
    Exactly what I was thinking LOL. I happen to have a real life and most likely won't be able to get the gems every 12 hours so it would not be a good investment for me!

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast