Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Event: The Alaskan Catering Cruise!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nephthys82 View Post
    Yes! My other half tells me that removing most of the chairs and stacking food on the counters is *****ing and he doesn't do it. He only cooks what the ship orders, his customers just get the leftover portions.

The only time he uses gems is to pay a few (usually 5 or 6) gems to finish the day so he can have 3 or 4 coin orders in all slots ready to give him a good start the next day.

It's hard work and time consuming compared to my method and I hope they fix the bug. It should be possible to complete the event if they don't though.

NB. He is level 45 now. I guess it'll be a lot harder for lower level players and those who've recently levelled up to unlock a new store.
    How is it *****ing? Im sorry, just asking. Points arent given or taken away from doing what you can in whichever way, to get to the last day and win the recipe.

We wont get more or less gems once we cook it, based on how we play.

Its a pest but Im alterating between playing my 2nd account for gems and loading my main account on my phone so I can switch food over.

I think its lame how the goal is still rolling considering only andeoid users can play it, how its normally done. Otherwise you have to use something short of sorcery to get through the days quickly on ios.

I removed all but 8 chairs. My counters are stacked like Dolly Parton and im trying to make every dish I remember them asking for. To keep myself from getting annoyed im doing the goal line where we can win that cute fountain.

They acknowledged the issue with the bug and know we arent making it up or its not so random. So it would be in good taste to postpone it like others have mentioned. Or give us the darn recipe and just go another event or something with a 2nd recipe once they fix the problem.

Each cruise has long times between goals. When I use gems to try to get ahead in fear of not being able to finish, I am penalized by longer times between goals. I feel like if we pay to get ahead, we shouldn't be penalized. Can't Storm just get rid of lag times between goals and let us keep playing? This is ridiculous

I'm just curious are these 'challenges' just as hard for everyone. I'm level 23 and they ask for potato soup, baked potato, and potatoes themselves... It would take me 2 weeks just to collect all those potatoes. Just wondering if its the same for everyone. (I liked the Bon festival it was manageable, these cruises are in achievable)

If the cruise ask you too muck potatoes, you can refresh one or two orders, so you have less potatoes to get.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    How is it *****ing? Im sorry, just asking. Points arent given or taken away from doing what you can in whichever way, to get to the last day and win the recipe.
    I think he's mostly just teasing me because I stack food and it makes completing the cruises much easier for me.

He does say that it's playing by the letter of the law, but not in the spirit of the law.

That's just his opinion. I didn't mean it as a criticism of anyone who stacks food, I usually do! I think I'll still be able to complete the event, but it'll be harder work than normal. I'm glad I've upgraded most of my stores to stock 4 since the last cruise!

Executive Chef
    This cruise hasn't been to difficult for me yet. Not looking forward to days 8, 9 and 10 though (if I reach there!)
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Xialio View Post
    personally I don't think it is a glitch, I think that it's an addition with the new update and it's being played off as a glitch so TL don't look like the bad guys. I have mailed support and have still not heard back from them and now almost 3 days in and still nothing. normally I would be just about getting ready for the next day by now but not being able to load from counter am still 75 gems off and everything it's asking for I already have on mi counters, but can't use.....really really annoying lol
    I took me more than 5 days to hear back from support

Executive Chef
    It's day 4 for me and I'm struggling to get the requirements done without the ability to stack. Not necessarily because of the cooking time but because my pantry is near full so I can't prep enough ingredients ahead if time. My pantry is full because I can't use ingredients to pre cook/stack food, can't pre cook food or my counters get too full and can't pre cook because I'm stuck cooking all day for the cruise ship one dish at a time waiting for ingredients because my pantry is full!

I have two of almost every stove but can't use them because of the above issues. Please fix this ASAP. There's no way I'm going to make it through the last few days of requirements at this rate.

New Resident
    Is it normal that everytime I get a reward, the cruise stops and blocks everyting for 11 hours and say ''enough for today, wait until other goals are unlock'', then it asks for 200 gems to keep going...

I mean that's kind of unfair, I feel like they'll do anything to take money out of you or stop you from getting rewards or finishing the cruise

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee_S8 View Post
    Is it normal that everytime I get a reward, the cruise stops and blocks everyting for 11 hours and say ''enough for today, wait until other goals are unlock'', then it asks for 200 gems to keep going...

I mean that's kind of unfair, I feel like they'll do anything to take money out of you or stop you from getting rewards or finishing the cruise
    Yes, that's how all the cruise events are. If you skip a day or two then you can avoid that because then two or threes will be opened at one time. However you then take a chance of not finishing the event on time if you fall behind. The event is exactly 10 days once activated.