Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 08/20/15 Update - Equestrian Race Event!

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Helpful hints and tricks and all questions answered from previous posts:-

If you're contemplating using gems to finish the horse track, it is MUCH CHEAPER to speed up the track. It starts at 6 gems and goes down 1 gem every half hour. This is much cheaper than buying an individual banner or ingot at 20 and 25 gems each respectively.

Is it worth upgrading or having? My personal opinion is anything that multi drops items is worth it. Is it worth having if you need to spend more than say 30-50 gems? Probably not. You can get the drops from other sources, so not a catastrophe if you don't finish. Disappointing, yes, disadvantaged, no. (But that's just me, others might have a different opinion)

If you can upgrade your track to level 5 then Step 8 slipped by unnoticed. It did with me. I did check with S8 and everyone who said they didn't do actually did.

If you have the last 90 banners and ingots but not carrots or hide, you can still upgrade the track once you have these items. The upgrade button will stay available.

Banners and ingots stop dropping once the event concludes as will horseshoes. You can only purchase them with gems once the timer stops. You can do this at anytime in the future.

The finished Horse Track does drop XP. Will have to check if coins drop once event concludes.

I hope that this summary helps. I'll put it in post 2 as well. Good luck to all!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 09-06-15 at 07:47 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Many thanks to 55lee55 and especially SpiritWind.

I did get burned for 20 gems testing how many banners /ingots you get for gems - never again. I hate using gems for this kind of thing and I am not sure if I have enough anyway. I will watch my progress closely until the event ends to see which option to choose. Feel like a miser counting his gold!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyB111 View Post
    Thanks from me too. I've been collecting at least 4 times a day when I could, but will not make the final fence () without using gems and the unknown is how many gems it could need after the event has finished. I've been trying to work out how many gems it might take to get finished in time and whether it is worth it. The track looks ridiculous because of the scale, so I was planning on storing it. But if it earns its keep it could be worthwhile finishing it off.

Decisions, decisions. Any advice from more experienced players?
    If you feel you want to spend gems to fully upgrade the track, use the gems to speed up the track. At level 4, you get a total of 6 banners/ingots with each collection, which can be sped up for 6 gems. That comes to 1 gem per item. It is something like 20 times more expensive to buy missing items from the upgrade window.

But you have to do the speeding up before the event expires. After it expires, the only way to get missing items is by spending lots of gems in the upgrade window.

Good luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously700 View Post
    If you feel you want to spend gems to fully upgrade the track, use the gems to speed up the track. At level 4, you get a total of 6 banners/ingots with each collection, which can be sped up for 6 gems. That comes to 1 gem per item. It is something like 20 times more expensive to buy missing items from the upgrade window.

But you have to do the speeding up before the event expires. After it expires, the only way to get missing items is by spending lots of gems in the upgrade window.

Good luck!
    Thanks you!

Rhino Keeper
    As SW said, its cheaper to speed the horse track rather than buying the ingots and banners..depending on ur level the track will drop 2-3 ingots and banners each time..

What is the Horse Shed. Don't know his I've missed it.

Fashion Designer
    The horse shed is the fifth individual prize. It is upgrade able to level 2. For some reason (unknown), it drops wool as a level 2 shed. I don't know what kind of horse Sir Daisy is?!

Thank you. I haven't paid attention to individual prizes on this one. Lol. Guess I'll check my inventory.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by jericaD View Post
    Thank you. I haven't paid attention to individual prizes on this one. Lol. Guess I'll check my inventory.
    I had figured it was just a decoration until I saw an earlier post! It takes carrots and some type of beam and block to upgrade. I can't remember which

Rhino Keeper
    Does the shed have to be upgraded before the event is over?

I guess not. End of event, question answered.
    Last edited by LavaMagic; 09-07-15 at 11:41 AM.