Page 29 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 08/20/15 Update - Equestrian Race Event!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by parasurge View Post
    So it's kinda disappointing to see so little done on the community prizes when this one is actually fairly easy compared to the last several community events. It only takes a small investment in the cheap brown horses to make sure you can easily collect the individual prizes. I'm only 35 horseshoes away from 1000 so it's looks like smooth sailing there just wish the community was doing the same.
    Parasurge, not aimed at you. Maybe S8 have played by their rules and are making the community actually earn the prises. I can only play twice a day and checked this morning. It was 8 pc at about 12 mill. It is still 8 pc at 13 mill almost 9 hours later. 1 mill change in 9 hours. I understand that a small change in pc early in the event is possible and as players level up, the count increases, however, the mathamithicians from the last event may have quelled it for all. As I said, s8 may be playing by the correct collecting and gathering method. That is, earn your reward, don't expect us to do it for you.

As a side note, they say, rope max 99, will increase to 110 for previous event. Horders then gather, multiply and exchange. why should they now increase to 120. They are a business, they need to earn money to keep this going. Then the natives revolt. It's a catch 22 for them. Play for free if you want, don't speed through than call foul.

Coming from a player who does not buy gems as not on the A list for sales, until US Black Friday arrives each year. Happy gaming all. Cheers

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by EBJW View Post

And looking at the prices: I like the quintain for my barracks, and I want the horse shed. But everything else stays in inventory for me. Including the community ones as far as I can see what they are... So that's no stimulan either....

In short:
    when an event asks for real participation and has great prices I'm working, enthousiastic, happy!
    But in the last one and this one.....
    Sumarizing, there was a big change in the game when its starting cover was transferred from TeamLava to Storm8, in the transit from version 1.2.5 to 1.3 series (1.3.3 now). It was around last Valentines event fiasco (walicorn and loveshack deny included) when ugly and bad designed Baron Tent non storable gem waster arrived our kingdoms, portrait orientation was no longer available and some other things "happened".

Since then, never more valuable drop prizes like previous ones (cauldron, bountiful table, spooky tree) and quests became unreasonable in terms of time (energy) and efforts to achieve the (poor) prizes, like Sir Daisy, Vineyard Estate and lately this Equestrian Race, inviting they all as best option to spend gems to skip anything. Neither the storyline keeps same quality on graphic art, consistence with past events nor value of items got when achieving goals.

Please, someone open a new thread to notify players when anything new is worthed in CS, such as "New Quest or Goal Really Worthed in CS", when it appears some stuff like the old style pre-1.3 CS.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by jdygmgi; 08-25-15 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Spelling

Speaking for myself:
    I noticed in the previous events and in this one again: they are monotonous, boring. For me an event is participating. Collecting from as many numb horses as I can and occasionally some other stuff like stables/ track is not enough to keep the fun. I want to participate!

For me participating is working, making (like the sun stones, the candy). Why can't we make our own horseshoes in the magic force? It's perfect for it! That would have made it sooooo much more fun for me!

And looking at the prices: I like the quintain for my barracks, and I want the horse shed. But everything else stays in inventory for me. Including the community ones as far as I can see what they are... So that's no stimulan either....

In short:
    when an event asks for real participation and has great prices I'm working, enthousiastic, happy!
    Totally agree. The Halloween event last year was fun b/c we were working toward items that DID something, like the spooky tree. It is difficult to work toward mere decorations (that, by the way, look silly because they are disproportionately-sized to the track they 'go with'). I enjoyed the Halloween event b/c I could MAKE candy, costumes etc. Now I just collect, which is boring, and which uses energy I want to spend on doing other things in my kingdom.

I think that's why the community collection rate is so low.

Edited to add: I am not feeling motivated to collect from horses when I am trying to finish that #%!* Sister Sister quest.
    Last edited by robotparade; 08-25-15 at 08:45 AM.

Executive Chef
    The first page says the level 3 racetrack drops 2 horseshoes but mine is dropping 4. I think the 2 went with level 2, which is currently blank.

Can anyone else confirm so SW can update the first page?
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Executive Chef
    I just missed my first 3 day timed event, I was asked if I wanted to spend gems on 10 horseshoes. Uh let me think. NO.

Rhino Keeper
    I have about 138 brown horses. I'm not bothering with sugar cane - don't need it.
    I have 803 horse shoes. I should be done with gathering them on Thursday.
    I haven't decided how many brown horses to keep out afterwords.

My horse track in level 3. Getting it to level 5 will probably take a long time.
    I am also working on making grooming mitts. I made 6 mitts so far. Fertilizer is most difficult to get. I put out 6 conservatories. Didn't they used to drop fertilizer each time? They seem to drop about half the time - still better odds than dropping from brown horses or cows.

I'm still running adventures - I try to always have barracks and Queens Court busy.
    Overall this event is pretty satisfying with buying a lot of horses which was fun for me. Seeing them all over cracks me up. Also being done with gathering within a week feels much better to me than the previous events that took gathering for weeks. I still will need to harvest the race track, but that doesn't compare to clicking on flowers for 3 weeks.
    DS - level 176 - at least 403 unique dragons - Diamond, Crusader, Quetzal, Infinity, Gold
    RS2 - level 60 - at least 384 master stars
    CS - level 50, BS2 - level 23

Fashion Designer
    Somehow clicking on flowers was completely wiped from my memory. I hated those tulips (?)

So here I'm thinking I won't make level 3 in time for the timer to run out...until I looked at the reward. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Really?!

I agree that there's not a lot of motivation. Personally, I don't have room for all these not-too-interesting decorations, and I'm not going to break my back for something that doesn't do anything. I'm at level 35 and still working to expand, and constantly in need of more energy.. My game board is pretty much consistently full. That being said, if there was any POINT to the stuff I'm winning, I'd have more of a concern to make room and put extra effort into getting them. It's also discouraging how blatantly obvious it is that drop rates get significantly lower during these events.
    Though I have to say I'm ok not having to craft a whole bunch. My blacksmiths are working round the clock as it is!

I just noticed the slowness as well.

Speaking for myself:
    I noticed in the previous events and in this one again: they are monotonous, boring. For me an event is participating. Collecting from as many numb horses as I can and occasionally some other stuff like stables/ track is not enough to keep the fun. I want to participate!

For me participating is working, making (like the sun stones, the candy). Why can't we make our own horseshoes in the magic force? It's perfect for it! That would have made it sooooo much more fun for me!

In short:

Fashion Designer
    I only see seven hidden horses... and a HERD of them in the back. But there are tons of places to hide something that only takes a single space. Lol!