Page 53 of 75 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dragon- Part IV

Fashion Designer
    I bred my first diamond in enough time for the temple to run out before the diamond finished breeding. There's still time
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    I bred my first diamond in enough time for the temple to run out before the diamond finished breeding. There's still time
    Congrats, you must be stoked!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by random59 View Post
    Congrats, you must be stoked!
    Bless you, I was thanks, that was last time the temple was on sale; I was trying to cheer up a previous poster who was doubting the temple's abilities
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Rhino Keeper
    It does take a while, for sure, though I think that once you have more than one they are easier to come by. I currently have 3 diamond, 2 mecury, infinity, anubis and the champion hybrid - I remember 3 of those coming in the space of a week during one of the leaderboard events. Had both dens and nests full for ages, but plenty of points in return

Rhino Keeper
    Wow I'm so excited I can't stand it. I've been playing since the beginning of this game. I haven't been able to breed anything new in along time. So I started trying for a diamond again. After 5 tries I finally can say I own a diamond. I started jumping up and down. Thanks s8. I used my scorpion X island.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    Bless you, I was thanks, that was last time the temple was on sale; I was trying to cheer up a previous poster who was doubting the temple's abilities
    Thanks katali119,

I'm doing some Bingo tasks, yesterday I got the new 4h. common /serpent + charm, which is the most recommended combo on the net for Diamond /, today I put Manticore +Athletic=16h. I guess it is another Charm cos it is the only common 16h. calculator shows. Anyway, there're only 3 possible /16h./ outcomes I've got them all.
    Thanks again for your kind response. I hope Diamond is around the corner waiting for the right time to come.
    Good luck
    Cheers
    ReVox Philosophy of Excellence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by heather11778 View Post
    Wow I'm so excited I can't stand it. I've been playing since the beginning of this game. I haven't been able to breed anything new in along time. So I started trying for a diamond again. After 5 tries I finally can say I own a diamond. I started jumping up and down. Thanks s8. I used my scorpion X island.
    Congrats, enjoy!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    The Goodwitch X Metal thing is a common misconception. The idea behind it is if a breeding pair has only a few possible outcomes, getting a Diamond Dragon is more likely. That is not true. All it does is make it so you'll keep seeing the same small group of dragons as fails, over and over. With every breeding pair, there is only about a 1% chance of breeding an ultra rare (maybe less). There is always a much, much, much greater chance of breeding a common or a rare, or even a super rare- no matter how many unique dragons the pair can potentially produce.

Look at breeding like two wheels you have to spin. The first wheel is always the same for every breeding pair. It determines the rarity of your egg. The first wheel has 100 slots: 60 slots are labeled common, 30 are labeled rare, 9 are super rare and only 1 is ultra rare. You spin that wheel to land the rarity of your egg. The only way you can possibly breed a Diamond Dragon is if you were lucky enough to land on that one little ultra rare slot. Sadly, the odds are definitely not in your favor.

The make-up of the second wheel changes with every breeding- it depends on the results from your first spin and your chosen breeding pair. If you landed on common and your chosen breeding pair has 4 common outcomes, the second wheel will have 4 slots. Spin the wheel to find out which of those common dragons you are getting. Whichever of the 4 you land on is the dragon you have just bred.

If you landed on common in the first spin and your chosen breeding pair has 80 common dragon outcomes, the second wheel would have 80 slots, one for each unique dragon.
    If you got rare on your first spin, the second wheel would be comprised of only the rare dragons that can come from your breeding pair.

The possibility of breeding Diamond Dragon was ruled out as soon as that first wheel landed in something other than ultra rare. Whether a breeding pair has 150 potential outcomes or only a handful- like Metal X Goodwitch- makes no difference.

This is also why using someone else's successful breeding pair is basically a pointless endeavor. Specific pairs don't matter, only having the correct colors present in the parents matters. Everything else is up the the algorithm S8 uses and the rules of odds and probablity.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. :] And yea...I read it somewhere a while back that the probability of getting a Diamond is still the same no matter how many outcomes there are, but I was beginning to wonder if I was doing anything wrong since I wasn't producing nothing but fails. Basically I was in denial and wanted a lil hope maybe that would be the answer to a Diamond dragon.

Like before I was using as many color combo as possible like 6 types instead of 4...not really caring what I got. So, I was using a 3 type dragon with another 3 type dragon. And then I thought maybe I need to simplify it and use only 4 types and use prime colors, so a red green dragon with a blue yellow dragon.

Is there a specific way? Or does it not matter? Could I use special type into the pool like metal, gemstone, etc and still be able to get Diamond?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post

Is there a specific way? Or does it not matter? Could I use special type into the pool like metal, gemstone, etc and still be able to get Diamond?
    There really is no trick or better type of pairing- all that matters is that you have at least 4 individual colors in the breeding pair. And luck.

The minor colors each count as one of the four types needed. For example, Cursed Idol (metal/yellow/green) X Fire can produce a Diamond Dragon (metal/yellow/green/red is 4 colors). Even though a minor color can break down into it's two component types, it still only counts as one when trying for a Diamond. An Aphrodite Dragon (pink/olympus) would count as two types.

Good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    There really is no trick or better type of pairing- all that matters is that you have at least 4 individual colors in the breeding pair. And luck.

The minor colors each count as one of the four types needed. For example, Cursed Idol (metal/yellow/green) X Fire can produce a Diamond Dragon (metal/yellow/green/red is 4 colors). Even though a minor color can break down into it's two component types, it still only counts as one when trying for a Diamond. An Aphrodite Dragon (pink/olympus) would count as two types.

Good luck!
    Thanks for clarification. You've been really helpful. I wasn't sure before if the minor type would split when trying for a Diamond, but you've answered my question. I guess all I could do then is continue to breed whatever and wait for it.

But right now, I have to put it in hold. Trying for Passion atm. So glad they brought it back. Hopefully, they bring back soccer and pyramid too.