Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dragon- Part IV

Fashion Designer
    OMG, really dangermatter?! I've tried that for 30+ minutes straight before!! Lucky you!
    No longer active on this forum. Wishing the players good luck on the events and tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by katali119 View Post
    OMG, really dangermatter?! I've tried that for 30+ minutes straight before!! Lucky you!
    Must be the holidays! Picked up the crusader in about 10 as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiaan0 View Post

Keep breeding with 4 different types, be persistant, be patient and keep smiling. Guess that you need a bit of luck, too though
    Finally 44h hit my den today OMG what a fealling.I was so happy long hours to wait,but I hope it will be there......

I really have to thank you Bas for your support for giving me strength to be persistant,and it seams I had a lot of luck today.

I passed in to 174 lvl early today(really long time to wait for my first Diamond),an houer later,to be onest I just wanted to finish one row in bingo challenge,to bread Air with another dragon,so I throw Air(15) with 3colord dragon,and the lucky one was Lord of the Light(12).and there it was 44,you can imagine my surprise,I had to look like 7 times am I seeing right.

Now I'm just waiting todays update,and than will decide should I speed this up or what.

Edit:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-12-31-20-08-22[1].png 
Views:	88 
Size:	618.9 KB 
ID:	35199
    yes it is...and it looks great
    Last edited by lenasdinner; 12-31-16 at 12:56 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by lenasdinner View Post
    Finally 44h hit my den today OMG what a fealling.I was so happy long hours to wait,but I hope it will be there......

I really have to thank you Bas for your support for giving me strength to be persistant,and it seams I had a lot of luck today.

I passed in to 174 lvl early today(really long time to wait for my first Diamond),an houer later,to be onest I just wanted to finish one row in bingo challenge,to bread Air with another dragon,so I throw Air(15) with 3colord dragon,and the lucky one was Lord of the Light(12).and there it was 44,you can imagine my surprise,I had to look like 7 times am I seeing right.

Now I'm just waiting todays update,and than will decide should I speed this up or what.
    Congrats!!

Lucky day! Finally bred a Diamond. Used Scylla and Tiny, both level 6. Definitely wasn't expecting it from that combo!

Nightclub Owner
    lenasdinner & forhthefun - CONGRATS!!!! It's the best feeling in the world to see that 44 hour timer
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Fashion Designer
    Congrats lenasdinner and forhthefun!

I'm trying for my 1st diamond since I was lvl 30 and now lvl 122, still no Diamond. XD

But I read somewhere that breeding Goodwitch and Metal is the best pair to breed Diamond, is this still the case b/c the post was from 2014...?

And I happen to breed my first Metal today...Yay...not as exciting as a Diamond, but I heard it's a great fighter against Diamond and Champs in arena.

Executive Chef
    2 1/2 years after my first diamond baby I have just bred my second with graffiti x rainbow rose yippee .....
    Makes up for being shut out of playing DS for10 days due to my iPad Air dying and needing repair now back and working fine ......
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by DR0G0N View Post
    Congrats lenasdinner and forhthefun!

I'm trying for my 1st diamond since I was lvl 30 and now lvl 122, still no Diamond. XD

But I read somewhere that breeding Goodwitch and Metal is the best pair to breed Diamond, is this still the case b/c the post was from 2014...?

And I happen to breed my first Metal today...Yay...not as exciting as a Diamond, but I heard it's a great fighter against Diamond and Champs in arena.
    The Goodwitch X Metal thing is a common misconception. The idea behind it is if a breeding pair has only a few possible outcomes, getting a Diamond Dragon is more likely. That is not true. All it does is make it so you'll keep seeing the same small group of dragons as fails, over and over. With every breeding pair, there is only about a 1% chance of breeding an ultra rare (maybe less). There is always a much, much, much greater chance of breeding a common or a rare, or even a super rare- no matter how many unique dragons the pair can potentially produce.

Look at breeding like two wheels you have to spin. The first wheel is always the same for every breeding pair. It determines the rarity of your egg. The first wheel has 100 slots: 60 slots are labeled common, 30 are labeled rare, 9 are super rare and only 1 is ultra rare. You spin that wheel to land the rarity of your egg. The only way you can possibly breed a Diamond Dragon is if you were lucky enough to land on that one little ultra rare slot. Sadly, the odds are definitely not in your favor.

The make-up of the second wheel changes with every breeding- it depends on the results from your first spin and your chosen breeding pair. If you landed on common and your chosen breeding pair has 4 common outcomes, the second wheel will have 4 slots. Spin the wheel to find out which of those common dragons you are getting. Whichever of the 4 you land on is the dragon you have just bred.

If you landed on common in the first spin and your chosen breeding pair has 80 common dragon outcomes, the second wheel would have 80 slots, one for each unique dragon.
    If you got rare on your first spin, the second wheel would be comprised of only the rare dragons that can come from your breeding pair.

The possibility of breeding Diamond Dragon was ruled out as soon as that first wheel landed in something other than ultra rare. Whether a breeding pair has 150 potential outcomes or only a handful- like Metal X Goodwitch- makes no difference.

This is also why using someone else's successful breeding pair is basically a pointless endeavor. Specific pairs don't matter, only having the correct colors present in the parents matters. Everything else is up the the algorithm S8 uses and the rules of odds and probablity.
    Last edited by FireballFarm; 01-27-17 at 03:28 AM. Reason: clarity

Executive Chef
    Brilliant reasoning very good analogy explanation ...... the last dragon I expected from my recent attempt was a diamond from graffiti x rainbow rose ..... so all the more welcome ........as I am now L190 I just put random dragons together to try to get someone I don't have or someone I want .....
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10