Thread: Diamond Dragon- Part IV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Executive Chef
    Brilliant reasoning very good analogy explanation ...... the last dragon I expected from my recent attempt was a diamond from graffiti x rainbow rose ..... so all the more welcome ........as I am now L190 I just put random dragons together to try to get someone I don't have or someone I want .....
    Pern magic L200 dragons623+
    Champs, Valiant L15 Rainbow Sentinel L 15, Guilded knight, Spirit Warrior, Highlander L15, Inquisitor, Sharman, Guardian Angel L12 , Warrior King ,Warrior princess, Chariot, warrior Prince + others
    Diamond hybrids, Diamond, Valiant, Angel, Crusader, Helios , Quentzal , Gold, astromancer, Mercury , Infinity, Unicorn ,Prism, Dark Angel, Black diamond and others
    Gold producing 10 L10

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pernmagic View Post
    Brilliant reasoning very good analogy explanation ...... the last dragon I expected from my recent attempt was a diamond from graffiti x rainbow rose ..... so all the more welcome ........as I am now L190 I just put random dragons together to try to get someone I don't have or someone I want .....
    Thank you! I was hoping I explained it clearly. I hate to see people get stuck on the Metal X Goodwitch thing because it gets very frustrating and repetitive very quickly (with lackluster results, to boot).

Congrats on your new Diamond! It's always a thrill to see that 44 hr. timer.

I approach breeding kind of the same way as you- I figure the more potential outcomes a pair has, the more likely I am to get a new-to-me or interesting dragon. Usually, I shoot for pairs with at least 50 outcomes and it has worked out pretty well. I do narrow the field for the limited release dragons, since time is a factor with those, but still try to keep the options as open as possible- for example, I used Diamond X Fairytale (or Cheshire) when trying for Citrus because I want a Big Bad.

For my first Diamond Dragon, I made a list of 20 dragons I really wanted. Then, I figured out which pair I had that could produce as many of those dragons as possible, as well as a Diamond Dragon. That way many of the 'fails' were anything but. By the time I got my Diamond, I had also bred a dozen of the dragons on my most wanted list plus several other new-to-me dragons. The pair I picked had about 100 possible outcomes, so it was full of interesting possibilities. That definitely helped keep frustration at not getting a Diamond to a minimum.