Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Off Your Forest!

Executive Chef

Show Off Your Forest!

(I'm sorry if this thread already exists, I couldn't find it )

Hi guys! Here's a thread to show off your forests! I'm looking for inspiration for my own forest, but my game is getting too slow to visit. Show us your forest!

Here's mine, a bit boring. The fourth picture is my world event area in progress. You can click on each picture to enlarge it!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	22858 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	122 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	22859 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	107 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	22860 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	121 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	22861
    Last edited by LonePudding; 08-15-15 at 08:36 PM.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Fashion Designer
    Your forest is nice! I am still edging my way to the Treent .
    I had started playing this game long ago as an incentive for Crime scene. But stopped after I had completed the targets. Came back to play again when leveling up offered me gems again in crime scene. As a result missed out on so many animals from arena tournaments ... And also world events. hope can get some nice ones in the events to come

I particularly like the peony pony, matripony, nightmare mamaroo, and many others I don't even know names of
    Last edited by 31aug2002; 08-16-15 at 04:11 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Your forest is very pretty LonePudding! I just went and visited so I could see everything in action

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    Your forest is nice! I am still edging my way to the Treent .
    I had started playing this game long ago as an incentive for Crime scene. But stopped after I had completed the targets. Came back to play again when leveling up offered me gems again in crime scene. As a result missed out on so many animals from arena tournaments ... And also world events. hope can get some nice ones in the events to come

I particularly like the peony pony, matripony, nightmare mamaroo, and many others I don't even know names of
    Thank you! I hope you reach there soon!

I did that as well for Dragon Story. During the Halloween event I ended up getting only the habitat and one animal (Yak-O-Lantern) and then I got bored. Now I play this everyday I wish I tried harder! Hopefully this new spin to win can help us newer players.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by calvinxx View Post
    Your forest is very pretty LonePudding! I just went and visited so I could see everything in action
    Thank you for visiting!
    Last edited by LonePudding; 08-16-15 at 12:47 PM.

Executive Chef
    Hi everybody this is my island, I have no place for Deco.
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	97 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	22873Click image for larger version. 

Views:	90 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	22874Click image for larger version. 

Views:	92 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	22876Click image for larger version. 

Views:	82 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	22877Click image for larger version. 

Views:	79 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	22878

Executive Chef
    Hello, I have also visited your island LonePudding you is very beautiful

Executive Chef
    Drachenia, your island is so pretty and colour coordinated! It's such a shame the lack of expansions limited your creative flow. Hopefully we get some more expansions in the near future so we can all decorate to our hearts content! I'm all for a highly decorative island, but I have no ideas of my own.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LonePudding View Post
    Drachenia, your island is so pretty and colour coordinated! It's such a shame the lack of expansions limited your creative flow. Hopefully we get some more expansions in the near future so we can all decorate to our hearts content! I'm all for a highly decorative island, but I have no ideas of my own.
    Thank you LonePudding, I hope there are more habitats and land soon. The idea for your island is very good.

Executive Chef
    Hi,

Nice thread!
    Functional and aesthetic forest optimisation is something I give a lot of thought too.
    My forest is both very strongly "colour themed" and "functional" too. I'll attach some screen shots and shall explain....

General aesthetic guidelines for my forest:
    Earlier on I would just position a habitat where space was or became available, but it started to look very "patchy" to me, and as there's plenty of time to **** between breedings etc. I decided to spend quite some time and order my forest such that the colours of the habitat would blend in as well as possible into the background. When doing this, I also always look at the contents of the habitats themselves: I want the animals to be able to walk out nicely without them all being cluttered on a tiny heap. Same for flyers. Also, I try to match the colours of the animals in a single habitat as well as possible together and I make sure to have the animals that I think are particularly beautiful well visible (like e.g. the Charger, the Electric Elk and the Golden Retriever).
    Then, habitats with high elements (like Cosmic, Stormy Shore, Icecream, etc.) are cornered as much a possible by me, and when no corner is available, I try various configurations so as to find one that doesn't result in one habitat eclipsing a large part of another one. Finally, I always look at which habitats look nicely next to one another. As an example, check the combination of the Magnetic Mesa and the Cosmic habitat, which I think go together beautifully.

Specific choices per colour/location:

* Purple plots: These are mainly for the "dark" habitats, which come closest colour-wise. The Cosmic habitat is also there. This is the area that I'm currently expanding, and I still need to move two dark habitats from the green plots to the purple ones. The two Lava Lagoons are a bit brighter than I had initially hoped, but they house some of my most beloved animals, like the 3 Gold Lions and the 2 Aurora Pegasi.

* Blue plots: Anything with a clearly light blueish scheme goes here. That currently means: water, electric, gem (though I have no animals for that one yet), music and icecream. The blue plots are my favourite ones colour-wise. It's a bummer that it's such a pain expanding there. I hate the 33 hour Fail Shale foliage. The top blue part shall therefore be taken care off later.

* Top green plots: Reserved for the farms, the nature habitats and also the other clearly green habitats like Shamrock and Spring. The area around the den is not 100% done. The Treent goes along with the nest and is therefore positioned next to it. Egypt and Treasure also is pretty much final for the time to come, but there are temporarily two dark habitats there that need to be moved to the purple plots as soon as I can expand again. The only decorations I have placed are the Egypt ones. I want to keep them permanently together with the habitat, if possible.

* Lower green plots: These are used for the earth habitats and also for the single fire one (a Grand Fire Cove). The earth and fire habitats don't really fit anywhere nicely colour wise, so I decided to at least isolate them all together away from those that DO (more) nicely blend into the background.

General functional guidelines for my forest:
    Previously I did a lot of speed planting and harvesting of Power Pears and those who have done this, will recognise that it is all too easy to accidentally click on e.g. the breeding den and blow gems by accidentally hitting the "finish now" gem button instead of an apple button. Therefore, the farms appear in a location where I can speed through them without having that happen.
    Also, my forest is optimised for a high coin income. Therefore, with few exceptions the habitats tend to have a pretty balanced out mix of commons, rares and super rares, so the coin earning rates of the animals are spread well over the habitats. Whenever I have duplicates, I try to house them closely together when possible (the Magmacores and Gold Lions are good examples). Sometimes this is not the case (most noticeably so for the 4 Glacial Griffins and the 3 Lady Pugs). Also, the aim is to have all unique animals at level 10+, to have the beautiful super rares (and some others) at epic level, to have all ultra rares at epic level (currently I have only one, but I'm aiming hard for more) and to have the duplicate animals at level 7+. Exceptions to these rules are formed by duplicate animals which I know will soon be sold to make space for something new or better, and also for a very select few animals that are so ugly in the bigger variants that I keep them as a baby (at this time that is: Beever, Pigmy and the Wombattery).
    High end stuff: I love the high-end 4-animal habitats and have several of them. These are all filled with high-earners. Being super rares of high level. The one I'm most proud of is the topmost Lava Lagoon with the two Gold Lions and two Aurora Pegasi. Two of these are already at epic level and the other two will probably also be brought to that level. :P
    As for decorations: unfortunately the expansions come much to slow to allow me to place many decorations and not get into conflict with the "high income" guideline. I currently only have placed the Egypt decorations permanently (I hope, at least!!) and some flowers and stone path as gap fillers for 1x1 spots around the den. As a last little functional feature, I intentionally left a few 1x1 spaces in front of the Treasure Cove empty, as that is where the stone path goes that needs to be positioned when meeting a "game goal". That way, I always know where it goes and it is always easy to select it without accidentally spending gems by mis-clicking on it. :P

Alright, that's pretty much the "master scheme" behind my forest. With that in mind, I think you'll be able to recognise all the above guidelines in my forest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3385.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	127.2 KB 
ID:	22881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3386.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	22882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3387.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	22883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3388.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	22884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3395.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	22900  

Last edited by ogreve; 08-17-15 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Changed the text and last picture so the Golden Retriever is visible too

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast