Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Tales Event: The Time Of Dragons (IOS only??)

Fashion Designer
    Just a quick note: I sent my Astro dragons out on quests for this while waiting and one returned with 500 food and the other with a gold bar; so don't forget you might want to do that.
    Last edited by debrasbistro; 08-08-15 at 11:06 AM.

Executive Chef
    I fed my Astro up to level 3 last night while waiting for the current evolve to be finished. It registered 0/20 when I hit that step today but feeding it up to level 4 did complete the goal of feeding 20 times. I keep forgetting that feeding step...must remember it for the next dragon in the sequence!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Nightclub Owner
    Just finished Chapter 2
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Quote Originally Posted by owa411 View Post
    Chapter 7
    Attachment 22649

Chapter 8
    Attachment 22650

Chapter 9
    Attachment 22651

Final chapter
    Attachment 22652

Good luck peeps
    Your help is deeply appreciated.

Executive Chef
    I posted this in the other thread and thought it might be helpful here.

Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post
    Attachment 22634 click to make image larger
    Current Event will automatically start on Tuesday August 11th at 10:30 am Pacific time if you don't start it sooner.

I wrote up some guidelines after the last Dragon Tales Event. Note that this information is based on past events and may differ from the current event.

How it works:
    The event begins at reset (10:30 am Pacific time).
    Each day ends and the next day starts at midnight Pacific time.
    Each day ends at a fixed time relative to when you started the event. Say you start on a Tuesday, day 2 starts Wednesday at midnight Pacific time, day 3 starts Thursday at midnight Pacific time, etc. If you skip ahead on day 1 to play the tasks for day 2, you will still have to wait until Thursday at midnight Pacific time to start the tasks for day 3 unless you spend more gold to skip ahead.
    Each day has a series of tasks. At the end of day one, you will receive a dragon. This dragon will need to be leveled up during the event and will need to go on special quests as prompted. You may need to make this dragon epic, so plan your food accordingly as it may take 100,000 food.
    The tasks get increasingly difficult and more time consuming each day. The first 3 days are pretty easy and could all be completed in one day if needed.
    You do not need to complete each day within that day. If you fall behind a day you will not have to wait until midnight for the next step, it will start right away.
    The prize for the first day is a dragon. Even if you don't want to try to complete the event, you can play day 1 to get this dragon.
    There are prizes for completing the tasks for each day of the event. Day 1 you get the dragon mentioned above. On days 2-7 the prizes may be coins & experience points, special event related d?cor, food, or maps. If you complete the event, you will receive a second dragon.
    If the event ends before you have completed every task, you will not get the final prize.
    Each task may be skipped by using gold. Sometimes parts of tasks may be skipped by using gold such as any task that needs to be done more than once.
    Tasks may differ for players below level 31 as these players can't battle yet.
    These events are iOS only.

When to Start:
    You do not need to start right away. There is a window of time in which you may start the game. Your 7 days start when you start the event so your day 1 may be different from your neighbor's day 1. At the end of this window, the event will automatically start. You can chose not to participate in the event if you wish.
    The last 3-4 days of the event will require a lot of attention. Schedule the event to work with your personal schedule. Maybe you have a family reunion and will be busy all weekend. It may make sense for you to start on Friday as the first 3 days are quick and easy (day 1 usually takes 5 minutes total, and day 2 usually takes 5-10 minutes if you plan ahead). Whereas, if you started on Tuesday you would need to spend a lot of time with the game. This either compromises your reunion or your ability to complete the event.
    Days 1-3 can be completed in one day if necessary. Say the event automatically starts and you aren't free to play yet. No problem, start when you can.
    Starting a day or two after the event begins means you will know what all the tasks are based on the information posted here on the forum. It is always easier if you know what to expect.

General Tips:
    Check the forum for information on the tasks required for each day of the event. Use this information to plan your approach to the event. It will be much easier if you know what to expect and when you need to be ready to breed, battle, quest, craft, etc.
    Do not use gold to skip to the next day. It is not worth it unless you are doing so strategically.
    Some tasks can be done ahead of time: quests, crafting (such as spell scrolls), and leveling up the dragon received on day 1. Do not collect until prompted or it will not count!
    Some tasks cannot be done ahead of time such as breeding and battling. If one of the tasks is to mate a certain dragon, you need to wait for the prompt or it will not count. Same goes for battling, you need to be prompted first.
    You may need to breed two days in a row. Make sure your breeding den is available when needed. Plan your breeding for outcomes less than 24 hours if you need to breed the next day.
    Each task may be skipped by using gold. The amount of gold varies depending on the task. Try to avoid using gold at the beginning of the event as the event will get more difficult each day and the temptation, or need, to skip tasks will increase.
    If you are stuck on a particularly difficult battle, consider speeding up the time between battles instead of using an Ultimate hit. It only cost 4 gold to battle again right away compared to the 12 gold for Ultimate (30 gold if there is a tournament). You may choose to use Ultimate if you don't have many good battling dragons. If you do use Ultimate, use it within the battle as it will cost you 12 gold instead of the 30 gold required for each battle if you skip the task from the event interface.

Troubleshooting:
    If you have completed a task and you haven't received credit for it, try force closing and reopening your game. To force close, double click on the home buton and swipe up on any apps you wish to force close. If that fails, try deleting our game and reinstalling it. Your game progress is saved on storm8's servers so you shouldn't lose any progress. You may wish to make sure you have a login for your storm8 account just in case you need it after reinstalling your game.
    When prompted to feed your dragon, usually on the second day, feed it any amount equal to or greater than the prompted amount. If your dragon needs to evolve first, evolve it and then feed it. There should be time on day 2 to do this easily. Or you can pay the gold to skip this step, usually a very small amount of gold.

Planning for the next Dragon Tales Event:
    Have the gemstones on hand to craft 2 Spell Scrolls (2 small yellow & 2 small green gemstones). The best way to do this is to trade your duplicate rare dragons. Rare dragons will give at least 2 small gemstones. Common dragons can work as they will give one small gemstone thugh it may not be th color you want. For instance, Wild is a common red-green dragon. Trading it will give you either a smal green or a small red gemstone so it may take several tries to get a small green gemstones by trading Wild dragons.
    Consider keeping a stash of food on hand to level up the dragon received on day 1. So far, the most food required has been 100,000.
    Have an assortment of small gemstones on hand to craft some required item. It is always easier to not need to speed breed, evolve, and trade just to craft an item.

Rhino Keeper
    This is ridiculous finished chapter 4 after been silly and skipping levels with gold now wait 2 days to open chapter 5 so is this a way off teamlava wanting us to buy more gold YER . YER so I'll work at getting the portal dragonl at the end of chapter 5 then stop. Not gonna bother to carry on to chapter 10 for time travel dragon two out of three ain't to bad lol.
    Last edited by gail66; 08-08-15 at 03:30 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by gail66 View Post
    This is ridiculous finished chapter 4 after been silly and skipping levels with gold now wait 2 days to open chapter 5 so is this a way off teamlava wanting us to buy more gold YER . YER so I'll work at getting the portal dragonl at the end of chapter 5 then stop. Not gonna bother to carry on to chapter 10 for time travel dragon two out of three ain't to bad lol.
    Yea, some players have stated that it's not worth it to spend gold early on, because you'll end up waiting anyways
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    Ok I just realised that this time we need to feed not one but two dragons to epic? Are they kiddimg? And so soon after the last dragon tales event plus the launch of l15 dragons??

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by freesiawoods View Post
    Ok I just realised that this time we need to feed not one but two dragons to epic? Are they kiddimg? And so soon after the last dragon tales event plus the launch of l15 dragons??
    Yea, that pretty much means goodbye to quite a lot of food, that we already lack lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    I completed Chapter 2 but I was confused by Act 3 of Chapter 2. It says Feed Astro Dragon (20 food). I assumed that meant to feed it 20 times so that I would need to evolve the dragon to level 4 to complete the step. However, when I fed the Astro Dragon to the end of level 3 and then hit the Evolve button, I received a pop up saying that I had completed the act and the Chapter. To top it off, my Evolution Flower was occupied at the time.

I am assuming that the task meant that we only needed to give it 20 units of food, not feed it 20 times. I notice that Act 4 of Chapter 6 says to feed the Portal Dragon (20 food) as well. In addition, Act 2 of Chapter 7 says to raise the Portal Dragon to level 4. So It must mean 20 units of food rather then 20 feedings or you would already have to get the Portal Dragon to level 4 to feed it 20 times.
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 08-08-15 at 06:24 PM.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast