Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7-24-15 Update

Fashion Designer

7-24-15 Update

Lemurcury + Caturn + Space Place Habitat Value Pack

Treebra, Arboar, and Land Shark on sale in the shop: 750 gems for Treebra and 700 gems each for the other two

All Grand Habitats on sale (75 gems each)
    If you see a level 18 forest named Sleepy Hollow, it might be me. If you are interested in being neighbors, send me a private message and I'll tell you my Storm8 ID

Executive Chef
    I guess they wanted to give everyone a chance to catch their breath with this update. I have all the returning animals but I may pick up a habitat or two. Unfortunately, the Slots game had a problem downloading and when I was finally able to download it, something messed up and I didn't get a goal for the reward.

I am a little surprised there has been nothing for the first anniversary of the game yet, maybe next week.

Fashion Designer
    I'm grateful for the break as well, it has been quite hectic lately. But I do hope they do something special for their 1st birthday like...a new breedable element!!! (hint hint)

Executive Chef
    Hmmm, not quite the kind of update I had hoped for or expected, but I'm definitely having some shots at the animals!

ANIMALS:

Back when the Landshark flash tournament came round, I couldn't make it (not having my A team yet and being hampered by living in Europe). I'll probably alternate a bit for these animals. I'll post my results here.
    Now, as I don't have any of these three animals and two of them are super rares, it doesn't feel like much of a break to me.
    But yes, it's certainly *MUCH* better than was the case for the previous two sets of 3 limited animals, that were available when there was also OTHER limited breeding to be done. :P

Anyway: none of these animals is top priority, but it would be nice to get some of them!

Now, it's going to be tough to go for all of them, but for me the approach that makes the most sense is to first go for the Arboar as it has the shortest "common fails", is only rare i.e. not super-rare, and there are still many "collaterals" I need from this combination. The collateral that I *REALLY* want is the Ocean Owl, so I can finally start trying for the Treasure Toucan. :P

Here are my results:
    1) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    2) Turtisle (10) + Aquater (10): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    3) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Sea Horse [OK fail: I have one, but another one is welcome]
    4) Ancient Sloth (15) + Chromadile (15): 4-element attempt at a Crystal Unicorn or ANY of these limiteds: 14 hours. It turned out to be a Peamoth, which is a bad fail.
    5) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    6) Aquatter (10) + Turtisle (10): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    7) Sea Horse (12) + Hydro Yak (11): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    8) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Chilly Goat! [Good (but long) fail: new animal!]
    9) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Turtisle [Bad fail, but I did semi speed-hatch the Fandingo afterwards]
    10) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    11) Sea Horse (12) + Sea Horse (6): Turtisle [Bad fail]
    12) Frostfang (15) + Pandaffodil (15): Seamur [good fail: new animal]

Well, once again the limited breeding did not happen for me...
    Fortunately at least the Chilly Goat was a good fail and getting a second Sea Horse was also a welcome outcome. And...
    moments before the animals disappeared I put in one last shot and got an 11 hours timer!
    I had really hoped it to be the Ocean Owl so I can finally try for the Treasure Toucan, but the Seamur is a good outcome too as it is a new animal for me.

Again I didn't get what I aimed for, but at least the "gate closer" is a good fail.
    Oh well, at least I DO maintain my own agenda too during such events. One of the things on that agenda is to work on the backlog of animals in storage. I managed to hatch the Wombattery and the Fandingo during this limited breeding, so now I'm down to only 2 animals in storage (Turtle Dove and the Pigmy). I hope I can soon hatch those two too, as I don't like having animals too long in storage...:P

HABITATS:

Yesterday I only upgraded my single big fire field to a grand fire field but I'm not sure it was a really wise move as the main gain is that I can more easily house 1 more fire animal and the coin capacity goes up (but is still very low). It would probably be wisest to buy particularly the ones with high coin capacity, like the gem, dark, lightning and water ones. But... the other week I already spent 300 gems on the sale of the special high-end dual-element habitats which are prettier and "better".

Now, I was *very* strongly considering buying 1 Grand Gem Grove while it's possible to do so at low cost, even though at present I have NO gem animals. Just yesterday I finally cleared the last spot of the lower blue plots and wasn't sure which habitat to put there. Colour-wise it would have to be something that goes along with the typical water or electric colouring scheme. I could really have used that spot well for putting in another electric or water habitat or so, but it's not an absolute necessity. Therefore, I decided to bite the bullet and just buy that Grand Gem Grove while I can. This is partially done in the desperate hope that maybe this week a special Crystal Unicorn sale or event starts or that perhaps something is done such that the chances to breed one go up, and that I'd then at least have the best possible habitat for it. Also, having this habitat already will encourage me even more to put in 4-element attempts whenever I can. I just really, really, really hope that I'll finally succeed in getting one or more gem animal(s)...

Today another 30% off gem sale was offered. I decided to once more buy 250 gems, HOPING that this week will see something really special for the birthday celebration of FFS and that I then have the gems ready. For now, I'm standing down on buying further grand habitats, even though it is very tempting to buy some more. What I have in gems now, is used for some selective speeding and the rest of it is kept as a reserve for when it's needed for something really special.
    One thing I want to work on is hatching the animals I have in storage. Today while the Sea Horse started breeding (13 hours) a Turtisle went to the nest (6 hours), leaving a 7 hour gap. I used that to start the hatching of the Wombattery. I just sped the remaining 7 hours of it and then got the 5-gem reward and hence the hatching of it could be completed at a "net cost" of only 2 gems (when compared to leaving it in storage) and then there was only a 1 hour wait after the Sea Horse finished breeding before it was moved to the nest. I put in a 4-element shot at the Unicorn with a combination that can give any of the 3 limiteds too. I hoped the new habitat would be a lucky charm, but alas, 14 hours....
    Last edited by ogreve; 07-28-15 at 04:13 PM.

Fashion Designer
    I think I'm going for the Land Shark. I think the Treebra is ugly (and the name makes me think of a bra in a tree). Arboar would be my second choice. Plenty of Dark/Water animals (Mercat, Sea Lion, Freezel, Monsoon Marmot) and a few Water/Nature (Aquatter, Chilly Goat, Ocean Owl) animals I don't have.

I'd pick up a few habitats if I had the gems (only have 46 right now).
    If you see a level 18 forest named Sleepy Hollow, it might be me. If you are interested in being neighbors, send me a private message and I'll tell you my Storm8 ID

Rhino Keeper
    It's good to have a bit of a breather, especially if we get something big next week! Sometimes there is so much to do at once I have a hard time deciding what to focus on. XD These animals aren't my favorites, but they're all pretty neat and I don't have any, so I'll probably alternate trying for each of them and see what luck brings me! I'm still missing a lot of animals of all kinds of elements, so hopefully I'll get something nice! I'm still low on gems after buying the last on sale habitats or I would probably pick up one of these too.

Good luck everyone and enjoy a relaxing weekend!

Edit: Also having just seen the pop up, may I say how awesome it is for it to be actually stated in the game that these animals are breedable as well as being on sale for a limited time. I remember how annoying it was the first time when we weren't sure it was possible!
    Last edited by RowanaFarrin; 07-24-15 at 12:28 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerNightSky View Post
    I think the Treebra is ugly (and the name makes me think of a bra in a tree).
    Haha, now that's all I'm going to think of whenever I see this animal.

I actually like the Treebra very much and that's the one I'm going to try for first. Pretty much anything that looks like a pony is a winner in my book. The Epic form of Arboar is nice too. But I do like the Land Shark the best out of the three. I already have it though so... Treebra it is!

Good luck to everyone!
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Fashion Designer
    Lol first weekend no new animal or event.. I have all the returned animals and big habitats... Need the space I have ok looks like I'll go back to bed.

Good luck to all that don't have these animals

Executive Chef
    I'm glad the animals are breedable!

I wish I could upgrade habitats for the reduced price. My habitats are so full it is hard to empty one, delete it in order to buy the one on sale.

Executive Chef
    Definitely going for treebra, I'm in love with the beautiful horses and ponies in this game! Thanks TL!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast