Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Level 15 Dragons, Mining, and More!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SacredSloth View Post
    First off I'd like to thank everyone for all the encouraging words! It really means more than you guys know.

Second, @Kennedward, that would be awesome! Unfortunately, TL has previously expressed their concerns on weighing down the hardware, which would potentially turn away many players on older/lower end devices; so while I would also love to differentiate level 15 dragons, it might be too much of a drag performance-wise to add in new particle effects to every dragon... At the same time there's no way they would be willing to go back and create level 15 evolution models for all 550+ dragons, so they've sort of dug themselves into a hole on that one. The best I could come up with is a quick low-opacity color overlay effect.

Basically dragons could attain slightly altered colorations upon reaching level 15. These alterations could also be dependent on the dragon's primary type, for example lighter types like red, yellow, white, pink, and rainbow would receive a relatively lighter coloration while darker types like purple, blue, black, and cosmic would receive relatively darker ones.

It shouldn't be too much work in the art or programming departments and would offer players a more or less noticeable way to show off their level 15s. But boy, if they would be willing to add it, I sure would love a flashy-sparkley-aura effect.
    Nice to see someone agrees with me
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Fashion Designer
    SacredSloth,

Your ideas and solutions are among the best I've seen so far. And I love the primal fragments thing! I sure was thinking small the other day with just a new food type of Primeapples (like pineapples) for dragons over level 10. lol

Anyway, I sure hope TL & S8 take notice of this! Maybe you'll even get a job... then you can convince them to do the glowing aura for lv 15 maxed out dragons.
    **Full-time DS junkie since 2014, working to make her dragon dreams come true.**

Diamonds: Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Gold, Quetzal & All Arctic Diamonds
    Champions: 13 total, 4 epic, 1 max level
    Player Level: 171
    *Newest bred dragons: Super (6.14.16) & Iris (6.11.16 - boosted)

Dragons are so fun!
    Dragons are so fun!
    Now it's time to hatch an egg
    and see what we have done...

🌅🌅dragon story more food farms needed🌅🌅

We now have level 15 Dragons thanks to Noble Crystal (IOS Only) Very disappointed as the Farms Stay the same the amount of food it takes for these Dragons is wild like the farms should have definitely had a massive increase we need more food farms to produce more food I don't even have 1 level 15 dragon due to the amount of food they need This is a long journey as no matter what I plant still not enough we need farms upgrading FAST 💨💨💨💨💨😄👍👍

Banned
    I think this is TL's way of slowing things down esp for lower level players.

Nightclub Owner
    Even long term players like me have a hard time collecting food, since most crops gives very few food, plus I also have work to deal with so I cannot play full time
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Banned
    I know me too.

Nightclub Owner
    The overall food increase will take us a long time, probably over a year, to get these dragons to LV15, as a lot of them, especially those Diamonds and Champions, eat A LOT of food to get to LV15
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Why we DON'T need more food

So obviously since the update at the end of July which saw the introduction of level 15 dragons with exorbitant food costs, there has been a lot of discussion around here and clamoring for bigger farms, more food, etc etc. The prevailing sentiment seems to be, "How are we supposed to get all our dragons to level 15 without more food production?" And the answer, I think, is that we're not. And personally I think that's ok, and here's why.

I have been playing DS about 2.5 years, am level 150 with 350 unique dragons, including a dozen diamond hybrids and two dozen champions. So while I am not one of the top top dogs around here (congrats on the Helios btw Ken!) I am certainly in the upper tier. I am an active player and when there is a tournament running I stay on top of it and minimize wasted time between rounds. Even so, I routinely have to spend gold to complete tournaments successfully (especially ones with a champion prize) because of the 10% max chance to defeat higher level champion dragons. Sometimes you get lucky and beat one after just a couple of tries, but on the flip side I have had champions that I failed to defeat after literally 3-4 days of constant battles (hooray for stubbornness).

But now! My level 15 diamond dragon has a much more reasonable chance to defeat those pesky champs, and my level 15 Warrior King acquits himself admirably in the later rounds against the tricky combos they throw at us. This makes the tournaments much more reasonable to complete with minimal gold usage, which I think is a great reward for us longtime players. I think it is important, however, to limit our capability to crank out level 15 dragons. If everyone was able to have a stable full of level 15 diamond hybrids and champions overnight, the tournaments would become too easy and something would have to be done to make them more difficult, and while the Red Queen might enjoy running as fast as she can just to stay in one place, I myself do not.

Keeping level 15 dragons a limited and precious commodity gives high-level players a meaningful goal to strive for with meaningful rewards, without throwing off the balance of the game. I think it's a good system and I for one hope it stays the way it is. Cheers!

Nightclub Owner
    I understand where you're coming from and might tend to agree with you, but for one problem: I found that in the flash tournament we just had, my level 10 dragons were almost useless. So they've kind of forced our hand to upgrade our dragons to level 15 if we want to complete tournaments/battles. Had they left our odds the same or only slightly less, it might not make it such a priority to level up to 15, but now we have to in order to have any hope of being successful in battles.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

These ideas are very, very interesting for the IOS people BUT since I have 2 games, 1on IOS and 1 on Android, I am basically wondering WHAT is going to happen to my Android Village? I keep getting these 13-20 level dragons to battle and simply no way to even begin to battle them. My poor epic Berserker is about worn out! :^( Maybe they need to make 2 different games or something??????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast