Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Mining Dragon: Ivory Dragon 07/21/2015

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    Your comment zinj about "going out" when getting a very close seems to be a winner. Since adopting that tactic, I have been averaging a very solid 2 fragments per bomb, and usually pick up a third each session.
    Very nice! Glad the comment was useful. Was that from the Mining Guide comments or something from these mining dragon threads?

As I said before, the Mining Guide is very useful and can easily get one to up over 2 fragments per bomb. The refinements from there result in an average of about 1/7 less moves per fragment on average. Notably resulting in a fraction of the locations requiring 7 moves and therefore reducing the likelihood of getting only 1 fragment from a bomb.

If the "very close" suggestion was useful, I'd be happy to map out the four main moves my strategy is based upon. Each differ slightly from and improve upon the Mining Guide.

Cheers,
    Z

Nightclub Owner
    Won't get some bombs until tomorrow night, but speaking of which, I usually get 2, if unlucky I get 1, from each bomb
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zinj View Post
    Very nice! Glad the comment was useful. Was that from the Mining Guide comments or something from these mining dragon threads?

As I said before, the Mining Guide is very useful and can easily get one to up over 2 fragments per bomb. The refinements from there result in an average of about 1/7 less moves per fragment on average. Notably resulting in a fraction of the locations requiring 7 moves and therefore reducing the likelihood of getting only 1 fragment from a bomb.

If the "very close" suggestion was useful, I'd be happy to map out the four main moves my strategy is based upon. Each differ slightly from and improve upon the Mining Guide.

Cheers,
    Z

The comment of yours was in one of the mining threads. Forget which one, think it was for the last dragon. I've been following your posts for quite a while now.

I had used the mining guide as a structure, once I had discovered it. But from there, it had been a little random on where to choose once I get a "near" or "very close." It may be my imagination, but the various island fragments and dragon parts do seem to have a tendency to be away from the center of the mine. So going out seems to eliminate a wasted move many times.

My biggest issue is I play on both an iPhone and an iPad and the grids are not centered the same, almost like the iPad is one block shifted laterally to the left compared to the iPhone. But that is me, I just have to be steadfast in remembering to make the shift.
    Last edited by roguebee; 07-27-15 at 06:48 AM.

Nightclub Owner
    Agreed, that's why sometimes I would still miss out on pieces despite getting "Very Close", because sometimes I get it right before I get my last chance to mine, and I go the wrong direction, in a possible of 4 different directions.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Executive Chef
    130 today having great luck so far, got between 2 and 4 pieces per bomb.

Nightclub Owner
    It seems most players will finish pretty soon, as I saw a lot of you with over 100 pieces
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    72 now, wow that was a bad mining! Hopefully my next one would be better
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Nightclub Owner
    78 now.... Going ever so slowly....
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by roguebee View Post
    The comment of yours was in one of the mining threads. Forget which one, think it was for the last dragon. I've been following your posts for quite a while now.

I had used the mining guide as a structure, once I had discovered it. But from there, it had been a little random on where to choose once I get a "near" or "very close." It may be my imagination, but the various island fragments and dragon parts do seem to have a tendency to be away from the center of the mine. So going out seems to eliminate a wasted move many times.

My biggest issue is I play on both an iPhone and an iPad and the grids are not centered the same, almost like the iPad is one block shifted laterally to the left compared to the iPhone. But that is me, I just have to be steadfast in remembering to make the shift.
    yh i have problems mining when going from my 4s to 5c iphone also

Nightclub Owner
    Luckily I never had any problems on my iPhone 4, 5, or 6
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast