Thread: 21st July update: tournament or something *really* special?

Executive Chef

21st July update: tournament or something *really* special?

Well.....
    We're pretty much in the week that sees the first birthday anniversary of FFS (which seems to be July 23rd), so we're at the point where today's update and/or this Friday's update will be the most likely ones for something really special if TL decides to celebrate it in a special way. I *think* that today's update is really likely to include a new long tournament (i.e. with 'long' I mean something longer than a flash tournament), but who knows what else might be coming up....
    As I spent 300 gems on habitats last Friday and as I'm also using some gems here and there to speed matters a bit for the limited animals of this week, I was a bit disappointed to not get a gem sale this morning. I would more than likely have bought 250 gems otherwise. But... who knows... maybe tonight something great comes along, like a 90% off sale! :P

Then, there's something that I also wrote in the post about last Friday's update, but which I deem worthy of repeating here in order to try and prevent as many players as possible from having the same "nightmarish" mishap that occurred to me with the Nightmare sale. Here goes:

EARLY WARNING!!!:
    To those who want to hold out until the latest moment before buying or speed breeding for one lost shot at any of the three currently limited animals (i.e. Great Danebow, Palmeranian and Mamaroo), keep in mind that the previous round of three limited animals was removed 1 HOUR BEFORE the regular Tuesday update comes in!
    It shall be interesting to see if today that is the case too. The other time the early removal completely took me by surprise and it ended up costing me the Nightmare by a 15 minutes margin! The three currently limited animals are also really nice but are less important to me than the Nightmare was. I shall not buy them, but I do strongly consider speeding right before 1 hour before the regular update time.
    Therefore, if you want to buy or speed, you're safest if you do so BEFORE 19:30 CET!

Caveat emptor!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    But... who knows... maybe tonight something great comes along, like a 90% off sale! :P
    I hope you're right

I think S8 is going to celebrate the first birthday anniversary rather on Friday, not today :/ There's still no update in App Store.

Fashion Designer
    I'm expecting a 30-day tournament with today's update, but I'm always *hoping* for more.

I agree that if they do anything to celebrate the anniversary of the game it may be with the next update (Friday) and not today's. But I guess we'll see soon enough.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Executive Chef
    I expect that we will have the typical 30 round tournament today and that the next update (Friday in the U.S.) will have something for the first anniversary of the game. I am not expecting anything too exciting, probably a World Event with a birthday theme.

The time it takes to load the game on my iPad mini has increased dramatically the last few updates and I get quite a few crashes as well. Its a bit annoying, but has not become a major issue for me yet. I see a lot of posts that indicate others are having some of the same problems or worse. I think it will be hard for S8 to add in any new features until they figure out how to optimize the memory requirements for the game.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I expect that we will have the typical 30 round tournament today and that the next update (Friday in the U.S.) will have something for the first anniversary of the game. I am not expecting anything too exciting, probably a World Event with a birthday theme.

The time it takes to load the game on my iPad mini has increased dramatically the last few updates and I get quite a few crashes as well. Its a bit annoying, but has not become a major issue for me yet. I see a lot of posts that indicate others are having some of the same problems or worse. I think it will be hard for S8 to add in any new features until they figure out how to optimize the memory requirements for the game.
    Yeah, that's what DS had for their anniversary at least. In that case I should probably plant crops the day before. I'm also having problems with crashing, and I don't think it's a out of storage crash. It's a bit annoying while playing with my neighbors' animals, and sometimes it crashes while mining and I loose the realm rune/bomb. FFS takes up 1.2 GB on my iPad mini, and DS takes up less space even when I'm at a higher level. I sure do hope they fix it.
    FFS: Nature Preserve | Dragon Story: Wonderland | Bakery Story: Sweet treats | Restaurant Story: Olive Garden | Fashion Story: Moda Perfetta | Castle Story: Wonderland | Ca7007

Executive Chef
    I just saw the update. Yep, limited to a 30-round tournament.
    The prize animal doesn't look very pretty, but well, it can be put in the same habitat with the Beever which just started breeding... These two might never make it beyond their baby stages in my forest; I have to see some images of the Wombattery first. :O
    Alright, I'll let Chippychan start the thread on the tournament. The first round didn't start of well; my epic Thorilla lost against a level 1 Frostfang, grr... :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    I just saw the update. Yep, limited to a 30-round tournament.
    Pffffffft (deflated balloon sound) :-p

Let's home there's something awesome with Friday's update!

We will probably get something exciting for the next update. This one has been VERY quiet.
    matiasabad94

level 75

The Honorable Panda
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request