Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Loretta and Hazel's Journey Around the World!

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Loretta and Hazel's Journey Around the World!

Hello all!

Like many people this month, I was put off by the gems-for-goals fiasco and decided not to complete the goals, playing only up until the point of unlocking all recipes on the first oven.

I usually redecorate my bakery every so often, and at the time the goals came out, I had a beach, complete with Hazel and Loretta hovering over the ocean in their Bakery Balloon. One of my neighbors (Spoons!) casually remarked that they should come back to shore, lest they become lost at sea, to which I replied they were off to see the world. At that point, inspiration struck, and since I had no intention of completing this month's goals, I decided to see just how many international themes I could cover in my bakery as part of their adventures.

If you're a neighbor of mine, you've already been following their adventures a bit, but if you're not, then I wanted to take the opportunity to share their adventures with you I've been receiving a lot of positive feedback on this idea (thank you!), and I hope this brings some enjoyment and/or inspiration to anybody who's also decided not to complete goals this month. Of course, if you have completed the goals, then I still hope you'll still enjoy Loretta's and Hazel's adventures regardless.

And so, I present: Loretta and Hazel's Journey Around the World!, featuring Jules Balloon as their competitor and/or arch antagonist. They've left the California coast in hopes of adventure, but will they make it around the world in 80 days? Will Jules sabotage the daring duo in his quest to win the race?? All bets are off!

(Side note: This more or less started on 2nd July, so I'm giving Hazel and Loretta until 20th September to visit all the destinations I've got planned. Let's hope Jules doesn't beat them! Also, this is the first time I'm sharing pictures of my bakery on this forum - hooray! )

(Other side note: I'm so glad I've been saving up so many coins.)

ITINERARY
    [01]MEXICO
    [02]JAPAN
    [03]TURKEY
    [04]GERMANY
    [05]ITALY
    [06]FRANCE
    [07]IRELAND
    [08]??? (Stranded!)
    [09]NORTH POLE
    [10]NYC [Finale]

Fun Fact: If you trace their path based on their itinerary, you can see that Loretta and Hazel's destinations actually make sense as they made their worldwide journey
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-23-15 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Updated Itinerary
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Departure Location: the sunny California Coast! I had to go back and get these since I'd forgotten to take them back when they started their trip. Whoops!

On the menu for this destination: Choco-tini Glasses; Whips (Cream, Sky, Summer); Gelato (Honey, Green Tea, Chocolate); Puffs (Vanilla, Mocha, Strawberry); Beach Parfaits; Sugar Sand Tarts; Pirate Peach Pie; Cream Soda Float; and more! Basically, any recipe from the appliances you'd see in the above pictures. I tried to have my menu match the theme, as you'll see in upcoming destinations as well

Let the race begin!
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 12-22-15 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added pics of the beach

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

First stop: MEXICO! Hazel and Loretta have started their international journey, but it looks like Jules Balloon is determined to beat them!

On the menu for this destination: Flans (Berry, Chocolate, and Basic); Tacos (Wildberry, Cinnamon, and Funky); Horchata; Agua Fresca; Chocolate Mexicano; Marranitos; Pan Dulce; and Tres Leches Cake. Yum!

(Please let me know if I should attach more pictures, or attach them differently. I'm not used to posting pictures of my bakery.)

EDIT: I was able to get a few more pics! Enjoy
    Last edited by pixiegamer; 09-05-15 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added more pics

Need Me? Send me a PM

Rhino Keeper
    What a great idea! I was very disappointed, along with many others, that this month's goals required gems. Your spin on the subject is very creative and definitely inspirational!
    Last edited by matrixkitten; 07-19-15 at 03:08 PM.
    Fashion Story - Angelesque
    Bakery Story - Le Reve

Rhino Keeper
    Proud to cheer these gals as they make their BIG trip!

Fashion Designer
    Great idea!

Fashion Designer
    Super cute! Most of my neighbors opted out of the 'goals for gems' as well. Glad to see someone enjoying the $ saving free month. What's your ID? I'd love to add you & follow along
    Baking lots of HappyHearts here at my Bakery

This is a really great idea! I look forward to following Hazel and Loretta's many international adventures, so be sure to post pix of each destination!

Fashion Designer
    What a wonderful idea! How creative you are! Really love it!

Thank you all so much for your compliments and encouragement Second destination should be up soon!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBev View Post
    This is a really great idea! I look forward to following Hazel and Loretta's many international adventures, so be sure to post pix of each destination!
    That's the plan! Thank you for following along

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHeartBakery View Post
    Super cute! Most of my neighbors opted out of the 'goals for gems' as well. Glad to see someone enjoying the $ saving free month. What's your ID? I'd love to add you & follow along
    Haha, my idea is hardly money-saving. I've been spending so many coins... RIP coin balance

I've sent you an invite, but at this time, I'm no longer accepting neighbor requests. I've got quite a few inactive neighbors I need to delete before I can take new ones.

However, I plan on posting pictures of ALL of Hazel and Loretta's destinations, so even non-neighbors can follow them along their journey

Need Me? Send me a PM

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast