Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlegrounds & Tournaments: Strategy Guide & Discussion

Executive Chef
    Here are my results so far from testing Aquarius in the battleground.

Zodiac in a zodiac-electric animal is...

...strong to earth-fire, electric-nature, electric-fire, nature-fire

...weak to gem-dark, dark-water

...neutral to earth-nature, water-nature, dark-fire, halloween-earth
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 02-07-16 at 05:31 AM.

Executive Chef
    Testing the Zodiac element:

Strong against:
    - Valentine-Fire
    - Electric-Earth

Neutral against:
    - Autumn
    - Shamrock

Weak against:
    - Dark-Nature
    - Dark-Water
    Last edited by LonePudding; 02-06-16 at 03:01 AM.
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Executive Chef
    In the current tournament I used Santa Claws against Smitten Kitten (valentine-fire) and got a weak attack with christmas. Am I reading the chart wrong? I thought christmas was strong against valentine.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Fashion Designer
    Diamond & treasure are weak against skull.
    My msg board name is also my DS ID if u want to add me. Looking for new neighbours.
    3 lvl15 Diamond Dragons
    20+ Ultra Rare Dragons
    216+ unique Super Rare Dragons
    3 lvl15 Champions
    1 lvl11 Champion
    37 total Champions
    11 Treasure Dragons
    Valiant Dragon
    Lvl10 Infinity, Crusader, Quetzal, Gold, Anubis, Black Diamond, Dark Angel, Prime Eternal, 2 Angels & 2 Astromancers

Fashion Designer
    Spring is neutral against skull
    My msg board name is also my DS ID if u want to add me. Looking for new neighbours.
    3 lvl15 Diamond Dragons
    20+ Ultra Rare Dragons
    216+ unique Super Rare Dragons
    3 lvl15 Champions
    1 lvl11 Champion
    37 total Champions
    11 Treasure Dragons
    Valiant Dragon
    Lvl10 Infinity, Crusader, Quetzal, Gold, Anubis, Black Diamond, Dark Angel, Prime Eternal, 2 Angels & 2 Astromancers

Executive Chef
    Testing Zodiac:
    neutral against Spring & Skull

Battling Skull (Deadwing):
    Santa Claus - christmas & fire attacks are both neutral
    Caturn - cosmic attack neutral
    Eerie Owl - halloween & fire attacks are both neutral
    Barn Owl - autumn attack neutral
    Aquarius - zodiac neutral, electric weak
    Melodeer - music attack neutral
    Treent - living wood neutral
    Last edited by MaribouMay; 03-05-16 at 07:43 PM.
    Dragon Story level 200 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Fantasy Forest Story level 200
    622 unique dragons hatched . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 342 unique animals hatched
    428 dragons at level 10 or higher . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 154 animals at level 15

Executive Chef
    Zodiac
    Pisces (Zodiac/Water)
    I tried Gem/Water and got Neutral hits
    I tried Anubis (Egyptian) and got Weak hits
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

I'm not sure if this is answered somewhere already, but based on this theory I was wondering if and how your fighter's other elements play into effect that you don't actually use to battle. for example, if i'm going up against an "earth-fire" opponent and am trying to decide which animal to use (lets assume the rarity and level are the same for all). By the chart recommendations i does using an animal with "earth-water" components provide more of a chance of getting a critical hit than using an animal with only one of those elements ... like water-nature but only using water to actually fight? or conversly, the chart says don't use fire but would using an animal who has fire as one of it's elements but not actually using that element in the fight somehow effect its chances? I hope that makes sense. I was just curious. thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ekat1985 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is answered somewhere already, but based on this theory I was wondering if and how your fighter's other elements play into effect that you don't actually use to battle. for example, if i'm going up against an "earth-fire" opponent and am trying to decide which animal to use (lets assume the rarity and level are the same for all). By the chart recommendations i does using an animal with "earth-water" components provide more of a chance of getting a critical hit than using an animal with only one of those elements ... like water-nature but only using water to actually fight? or conversly, the chart says don't use fire but would using an animal who has fire as one of it's elements but not actually using that element in the fight somehow effect its chances? I hope that makes sense. I was just curious. thanks!
    The odds of determining if an attack will be a Critical Hit uses both elements from your animal as well as the opponent. So a combination where both elements have a Strong Attack vs the opponent has a better chance of getting a Critical Hit than if one is Strong and one is Neutral. It doesn't matter which element you use for your attack once you have chosen your animal for battle. The calculation for the Critical Hit doesn't involve the element that you choose to battle.

Sandscape figured this out early on and all of my experience has shown this to be true even if it doesn't seem logical to design it this way. One thing that convinced me this was true is that in one Battle, I selected an opponent and before I could even select an element for attack, I was awarded the 2 tokens for a World Event that was on and it caused me to have enough tokens to win a prize. So I dismissed the prize screen and then selected my battle element, received the expected Critical Hit and won the round.

See the following thread for an excellent explanation of how the Battle Arena/Battleground works.

https://forum.storm8.com/showthread.p...e-Battleground
    Last edited by ninasidstorm8; 03-13-16 at 02:32 PM.

New Resident

Battlegrounds

Is it just me or do the creatures in the battlegrounds do a lot more damage than your creatures?
    I can attack it and it will still be in green health but it attacks me and go down to orange, the only hope to beat them is to get a crit. So do the battleground relay on getting lucky with crits to win or I am missing something?

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast