Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlegrounds & Tournaments: Strategy Guide & Discussion

Fashion Designer

Battlegrounds & Tournaments: Strategy Guide & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Rynetory2 View Post
    The charts listed in this thread are not updated by member anymore. Please see new Battle Chart in Main Guide for latest updates.

I'm closing this thread to avoid further confusion and since the charts are outdated. Please continue your discussion and posting your results in this new thread. Thanks.

Thread: Battlegrounds and Tournaments - discussion and test results

Battlegrounds & Tournaments Strategy Guide

This thread is dedicated to figuring out which attacks are best (and worst) against the opponents that are found in both the Battleground and the Tournaments. I am making all of this information available here so ANYONE can make their own chart (if they want to) when a new Battlegrounds or Tournament shows up.

My goal is to keep these first posts as up-to-date as possible with the help of everyone by discussing any conflicting information or changes in this thread.
    I know there are other threads about this topic, but I would like to keep this one separate with the first few posts as updated as possible (some of those older threads haven't had the first post updated in months & it's hard to dig through the posts to find current information). I would also like to request that this thread be kept in the 'Discussions' section of the Fantasy Forest Story forums since it really is all about on-going discussions of our results and compiling information.

These charts are always a work-in-progress! The information in the chart is currently based on re-testing all strengths/weaknesses. There have been changes to some elements' attacks and I'm currently compiling as much up-to-date information as possible. If you get a result that is different please post about it so we can discuss it.

***Please don't post about CRITICAL hits since those don't indicate the attack's strength.***
    The first few posts in the Making Sense of the Battlegrounds thread is useful for explaining attack strengths & the theories behind finding the best fighters to use.

There is a LOT of information so I am breaking this up into multiple sections across the next few posts.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-05-17 at 12:11 AM.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Fashion Designer
    Recommended Fighters (Part 1)
    (pure element opponents)

Recommended Fighters to Use *

* The following are recommended to help choose the ideal fighter based on tested strengths/weaknesses, as well as highest rarity. The theory behind choosing an ideal fighter is that an animal of higher rarity may have better odds of landing a 'Critical' against an opponent when using an attack that normally registers a 'Strong' hit. It is also theorized that a high-level fighter may have better odds. It's not a guarantee to win with one of these fighters, but it may increase your odds. Note that ANY animal of ANY level or rarity has a chance of landing a winning 'Critical' using ANY element (even 'Weak' ones).

If you get a result that is different then what is listed here please post about it so we can discuss it.

Opponent’s Element
    Recommended Fighter *
    Elements to Use/Avoid
    Fire Water-Earth. Saintly Bernard. Or {earth, water or service} with {anything but nature or dark}

Nature Ruby Razorback. Crystal Unicorn. Spring. Or {fire, gemstone or halloween} with {anything but earth}

Earth Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Or {gemstone or nature} with {anything but fire or electric}

Water Matripony. Or {electric, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but fire}

Dark Treasure. Treent. Caturn. Or {fire or cosmic} with {anything but gemstone}

Electric Shamrock. Melodeer. Autumn. Deadwing. Or {earth, music or skull} with {anything but water or valentine}

Gemstone Treasure. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Or {dark} with {anything but nature or earth}

Treasure Egyptian. Deadwing. Or {nature, christmas or skull} with {anything but dark or gemstone}

Living Wood {Dark or halloween} alone, or with {anything but gemstone}

Valentine {Electric} alone, or with {anything but water}

Shamrock Deadwing. Or {electric or skull} alone, or with {anything but fire}

Cosmic Saintly Bernard. Or {earth or service} alone, or with {anything but dark}

Spring Autumn. Santa Claws {christmas}.

Music {Water} alone, or with {anything}

Ice Cream Egyptian. Or {fire} alone, or with {anything but earth or skull}

Egyptian Treent. Water-Nature. Or {nature or water} alone, or with {anything but gemstone}

Service Treasure. Melodeer.

Autumn {Gemstone} with {fire}. Crystal Unicorn. Caturn. Ice Cream. Or {fire or cosmic} alone, or with {anything but water or electric}

Skull (not tested yet)

(continued in next post… I need to split it into 2 parts to accommodate the number of images in each post)
    Last edited by chippychan; 01-22-16 at 06:26 AM.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Fashion Designer
    Recommended Fighters (Part 2)
    (sorted by element-type of opponent)

Recommended Fighters to Use *

* The following are recommended to help choose the ideal fighter based on tested strengths/weaknesses, as well as highest rarity. The theory behind choosing an ideal fighter is that an animal of higher rarity may have better odds of landing a 'Critical' against an opponent when using an attack that normally registers a 'Strong' hit. It is also theorized that a high-level fighter may have better odds. It's not a guarantee to win with one of these fighters, but it may increase your odds. Note that ANY animal of ANY level or rarity has a chance of landing a winning 'Critical' using ANY element (even 'Weak' ones).

If you get a result that is different then what is listed here please post about it so we can discuss it.

Opponent’s Element
    Recommended Fighter *
    Elements to Use/Avoid
    Nature-Fire {Gemstone} with {fire or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Wild Wondercat. Spring. Saintly Bernard. Or {fire, water, gemstone or halloween} together, or with {anything but nature, dark or christmas}

Earth-Fire {Gemstone} with {earth or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Water-Earth. Saintly Bernard. Or {service, water or earth} with {nature}

Water-Fire Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Or any combination of the following elements: {earth, electric, water, valentine, or service}

Dark-Fire Treasure. Wild Wondercat. Rocking Horse. Treent. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Or any combination of the following elements: {fire, earth, water, cosmic, or service}

Electric-Fire Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Or {earth, music, service or skull} with {fire, water, or electric}.

Gemstone-Fire Treasure. Treent. Egyptian. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Or {water or skull} with {anything but nature}

Christmas-Fire Lionhart. {Earth or halloween} alone, or with {anything but nature}

Valentine-Fire {Earth, electric or christmas} alone, or with {anything but dark or nature}

Music-Fire Water-Earth. Or {water or earth} alone, or with {anything but nature, dark, or electric}

Service-Fire Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Water-Earth. Or {earth, water, music or service}

Skull-Fire Valentine. Saintly Bernard. Water-Earth. Or {earth, water, valentine or service} alone, or with {fire or dark}

Halloween-Fire Spring. Water-Earth. Or {earth or water} alone, or with {anything but nature or dark}

Earth-Nature Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Spring. Or {nature, gemstone or halloween} with {fire, water, dark or xmas}

Water-Nature Citrine Peregrin. Crystal Unicorn. Matripony. Spring. Autumn. Or {electric, gemstone, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but earth}

Dark-Nature Treent. Caturn. Spring. Saintly Bernard. Halloween. Or {fire, cosmic, service or halloween} with {anything but earth}

Electric-Nature Ruby Razorback. Crystal Unicorn. Shamrock. Spring. Melodeer. Autumn. Deadwing. Or {fire, gemstone, music, skull or halloween} with {anything but water or valentine}

Gemstone-Nature {Gemstone} with {fire or dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Swan Prince. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Spring. Deadwing. Or {gemstone, fire or dark} alone, or with {water or electric}

Christmas-Nature {Gemstone} with {fire or dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Swan Prince. Or {fire, dark, gemstone or halloween} with {anything but earth or water}.

Skull-Nature Saintly Bernard. {Fire, service or halloween} alone, or with {anything but electric}

Halloween-Nature Shamrock. Spring. Wild Wondercat. Or {fire, water or halloween} alone, or with {anything but nature, earth or christmas}.

Water-Earth Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Matripony. Ice Cream. Autumn. Or {nature, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but fire}

Dark-Earth Treasure. Treent. Saintly Bernard. Or {nature or service} with {anything but electric, xmas or skull}

Electric-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or earth}. Crystal Unicorn. Shamrock. Autumn. Nature-Earth. Or {nature or earth} with {dark}

Gemstone-Earth {Gemstone} with {dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Treasure. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Egyptian. Or {dark} with {nature or water}

Valentine-Earth Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Or {gem or nature} with {anything but fire or water}

Cosmic-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or earth}. Crystal Unicorn. Saintly Bernard. Nature-Earth. Or {nature or earth} with {water}

Music-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Water-Nature. Or {nature, water or gemstone} with {anything but fire or electric}

Service-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature}. Crystal Unicorn. Treasure. Melodeer. Or {nature, gem, christmas or music} with anything but {fire, dark, electric or skull}

Halloween-Earth (not tested yet)

Dark-Water Treasure. Valentine. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Autumn. Or {electric, cosmic, or service} with {anything but gemstone}

Electric-Water Shamrock. Autumn. Electric-Earth. Or {earth, electric, christmas or skull} with {nature or dark}

Gemstone-Water Treasure. Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Electric-Dark. Or {dark, electric or skull} alone, or with {water}

Cosmic-Water Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Earth-Electric. Or {earth, electric or valentine} with {anything but fire, water, dark, or halloween}

Electric-Dark Treasure. Rocking Horse. Treent. Shamrock. Caturn. Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Or any combination of the following elements: {fire, earth, cosmic, music, service, skull}

Gemstone-Dark Treasure. Swan Prince. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Caturn. Egyptian. Dark-Fire. Or {dark or fire} with {anything but nature, earth or gemstone}

Living Wood-Dark Swan Prince. Treasure. Treent. Trick-or-Treent. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Or {fire, dark, cosmic or service} with anything but {water}

Gemstone-Electric Treasure. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Shamrock. Melodeer. Egyptian. Skull. Or {dark or music} with {fire, earth or electric}

Last edited by chippychan; 01-22-16 at 06:27 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Recommended Fighters (Part 3)
    (reserved for future use to accommodate the ever-expanding variety of opponent types)
    Last edited by chippychan; 10-13-15 at 11:11 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Testing Charts

I made a chart to print off for testing purposes and wanted to share it here in case anyone was interested in it. The first column of the chart shows the OPPONENT'S ELEMENT(S), and the other columns show the corresponding attack result AGAINST the opponent.

S = STRONG attack
    N = NEUTRAL attack (neutral attacks don't show any text when you use it against an opponent)
    W = WEAK attack

I am attaching 2 versions of this chart:

1. My filled-in chart with testing results
    2. A blank chart for anyone who wants to print it off & start their own testing

This chart is always a work-in-progress! New elements can be introduced any time and I will try to upload new charts for tested as soon as possible if this happens. If you ever find any discrepancies please post about it.

***Please don't record CRITICAL hits since those don't indicate the attack's strength.***

Anything marked in RED hasn't been re-tested by me or it needs verification.

Current Test Chart Results:

Blank Test Chart:

Last edited by chippychan; 01-22-16 at 06:26 AM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by chippychan View Post
    Whew, that's enough info for now. Sorry if it's overwhelming, I've been working on this for quite a while and have been trying to find the most simplistic way to organize it. I hope it makes sense to people!
    This is awesome! I wasn't able to directly update the jpeg you attached, but it only took a couple minutes to paste it into Excel and retype headings in the order you gave them. I'll update and attach my results later today from the Wyburn battleground which was the first time I tracked my weak, neutral, and strong attacks (which I guess turned out to be a good thing since so much has changed).

It can be a bit difficult to tease out which of the elements your attack is interacting with so I think this is wonderful. I'm still wondering whether the weirdness with Shamrock as an opponent vs using Shamrock to attack (typically would just be the reverse but isn't) is an error made by TL or is just an anomaly.

Update: Ok, here are my own results. I left everything blank that I didn't personally test during Wyburn. I did code a few of mine as critical as a note to myself to retest those immediately. If there is anything that looks off, it may just be a typo. (I did my best to double and triple check but mistakes happen.) I also had to split the document into two pages because the print was not legible otherwise.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFS Attack p1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	21792 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFS Attack p2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	21793
    Last edited by reeisme; 07-18-15 at 02:33 AM.

Farm Supplier
    I also have some notes for your Pure Elements chart. Hopefully not too overwhelming and I won't be the least bit offended if you hold off on making changes until there is additional testing. Just use whatever you like and disregard whatever else. Not a big deal.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFS Battles.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	21795

1. Against fire - add avoid ice cream, shamrock
    *based on round 50 Tubacan (music/fire) weak attacks using ice cream and shamrock. Round 42 Pygmy (earth/fire) shamrock was weak, round 45 Razorback (gem/fire) shamrock was weak

2. Against nature - change use nature to use fire
    *based on level 80 Wyburn (nature/fire) fire was strong (also attacks against nature/earth animals were neutral as expected due to fire being strong against nature but weak to earth).

3. Against earth - add use ice cream
    *based on round 15 Werewolf (earth/nature) ice cream attack was strong

4. Against dark - change avoid living wood to use living wood
    *based on round 9 Peamoth (dark/nature) living wood was strong, round 46 Chromodile (dark/water) living wood was neutral (due to it being strong against dark, weak against water), round 51 Dream bat (dark/earth) living wood was strong, round 59 Dread panda and round 60 (dark/fire) living wood was strong, round 75 Jade Kirin (gem/dark) living wood was strong.

5. Against electric - add use shamrock
    *based on round 43 Shockatoo (electric/nature) shamrock was strong, round 54 Citrine peregrine (gem/electric) shamrock was strong. Also, attacks on electric/fire animals were neutral in round 22 (Fire glider) and round 40 (dare devil).

6. Against treasure - add to avoid gem (only if you feel we can assume that since treasure is a strong attack against gem then gem should be a weak attack against treasure. This seems to be the case for every element except shamrock vs fire or electric, but I have no gems animals to verify this.)

7. Against living wood - change use dark to use water* and move dark to the avoid category (We didn't face a Treent in the last battlegrounds so totally your choice whether you feel this can be assumed based on living wood's attacks on opponents. Living wood's attacks on dark are already listed above.)
    *based on round 32 Aquatter (water/nature) living wood was weak, round 36 Conducktor (electric/water) living wood was weak, round 38 Iciclaw (water/earth) living wood was weak, round 44 Tesllama (electric/water) living wood was weak.

8. Against cosmic - add to avoid dark
    *based on round 5 Plutopus (cosmic/water) dark was weak, round 76 against Caturn (cosmic) dark was weak.

9. Against music - if music is strong against electric then isn't electric weak to music? I can't confirm this as I have no music animals to use.
    Last edited by reeisme; 07-18-15 at 02:29 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Thank so much for all that info reeisme, it helps a ton!

I'll integrate the results from your test chart into the main one I have and will update the posts soon with the new info.

EDIT: You've confirmed a lot of attacks that I hadn't tested yet, thanks! However I found we have conflicting results for a few attacks. I've added them to the 'Current Unknowns', so we need confirmation of the following:

Against Cosmic - DARK attack (weak or neutral?)
    Against Electric/Fire - NATURE attack (strong or weak?)
    Against Electric/Water - LIVING WOOD attack (weak or neutral?)

Unfortunately both my accounts are done the Battlegrounds so I have to wait until the next tournament to start testing again. I'm hoping there's a 30-round tournament with the next update.
    Last edited by chippychan; 07-18-15 at 05:59 AM.

Rhino Keeper
    Xmas (Xmas Lion) is strong against Treasure-Golden retriever
    havent read all the posts, but think it could be a small help

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by epinederose View Post
    Xmas (Xmas Lion) is strong against Treasure-Golden retriever
    havent read all the posts, but think it could be a small help
    Thanks for the confirmation, I really appreciate it!

I'll be updating this post starting in a few hours (just have to finish with some work first) and it will most likely be an ongoing thing for the next few days thanks to the current tournament.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast