Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 07/16/15 Update - Monster Hunt Season 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FinsFabulousFoods View Post
    Yes, if you have android just don't bother playing this update. It is pretty pointless.
    I strongly disagree. Yes it's better for IOS and unfair on Android users, but even for us lower class users it's a **** good update.
    Look at it this way - beasts are part of the game. You can opt out by parking one, or you can fight them and gain useful rewards. I have got over 20 gems so far plus other valuable items. I also have 3 nice statues with a good chance of getting the fourth before time runs out. Only 1 gold coin so far, and as I'm over 70 I may not live to see the cooking camp, but I'll be optimistic.
    I'm getting a lot of enjoyment out of this game and so far it hasn't cost me a penny. Nuff said.

Executive Chef
    My 'Dom suddenly runneth over with beasties ! After I posted earlier, I went back in and started getting them immediately. I got at least 5 boars, and 3 or 4 Fangbeasts. I even got a Pinkupine, but they don't count. All the places I couldn't get them before, now they are there! It's like someone flipped a switch or opened the floodgates! Woo Hoo!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Not for me... But I'm super glad for you! may your luck continue too Annie!

Banned
    I got a golden nugget AND a trade ticket (and 1 gem, some energy, 1 royal block which I maxed lol) with the sovereign trade! Definitely impressed

Now at 7/50 monsters, 4 gold coins. I'll buy some fang beast traps on the 26th if I need to. So far I gained about 30 gems during this event so I don't mind using some if I have to.
    Last edited by CLOVERKAITO; 07-21-15 at 12:47 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeps View Post
    Four days in to this (I didn't start until Friday) and I've four tokens but I've figured out a couple of things to help the pace of token drops song.

Firstly, I've noticed that the monsters seem to trigger more often if the main drop resource is not maxed out (but not empty). Thus I'm busy making things like noodles and bread in the kitchen, lumin essence. Living wood etc in the potion shop and doing the eggs/dairy exchange.

Secondly, even though skunkupines use the least energy in battling, they only drop shield tokens, thus you end up saving less of the others.
    Plus you could end up spending 20+ energy in harvesting corn/tending flowers before triggering one.

Thirdly, the token trades return 2/3 gems each time and 2-3 sword tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash1780 View Post
    Just a quick thought (although I'm sure someone else has said it all already)
    I do several (Royal) Exchanges everyday - usually the milk/egg, meat, & fruit and others if I have the stock
    Anyway collecting from the animals & harvesting strawberries has gotten me BEAUCOUP beasties AND the coins that go with ****ing em w/my Thuakie sword of course
    Sadly, I'm doing all this stuff as well: I hardly get any beast........
    I am Zelda

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Not for me... But I'm super glad for you! may your luck continue too Annie!
    Thank you Hun! Hope it spreads like wildfire, and everyone gets some better luck! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by A2TUDE View Post
    Ok thank you I just finished fighting 50 monsters and all goals finished
    Wow!!! 50 monsters done!!! I'm at 35.... And 6 gold coins

75+ energy spent this morning on cows, chickens, glimmer bulbs, strawberries and various buildings. All of that spawned exactly 1 dire boar from the observatory. I had been doing fairly well with beasts (nowhere near non-event numbers, but still okay) however, now it seems the value pack icon has scared the beasts away. Sorry S8/TL, I'm skeptical about drop/spawn rates being manipulated, because the only time I've EVER been able to collect that much, without fighting beasts every few taps, is when there's a beast fighting goal in the book.
    Therefore I've decided that I will just enjoy the extra gems and other prizes gained by doing the novice and sovereign trades and not stress over the gold tokens. The gems alone make it worth it for me. Thanks for giving us that!
    And when this season ends, and those beasts come back with a vengeance, I'll just park a troll at the pit and resume normal play.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Executive Chef
    Think TL/S8 is gently reminding us that the Monster Mashing days are counting down? LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	21970

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthWoodsKingdom View Post
    Think TL/S8 is gently reminding us that the Monster Mashing days are counting down? LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	21970
    Actually, I think that they are trying to let people know that ONLY the statue expires and that they don't need 99 coins in 12 days.