Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Thread: New tournament 3 days : Fire Giant Dragon (super rare red-yellow) 07-10-2015

Banned
    I have to admit I really do wonder sometimes what they think of us. They probably just want our money and that is about it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by freshfunin2008 View Post
    I have to admit I really do wonder sometimes what they think of us. They probably just want our money and that is about it.
    Agreed, this is overall an unattractive tournament as the only prizes we get are crafting parts and a yellow/red hybrid, as if we don't already have enough yellow/red hybrids already, with a long list that includes: Firestorm, Eagle, Clockwork, Wooden, Scorpion, Butterfly, Fireflower, and Honeybee. All of which are commonly seen on people's islands and easy to breed.
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Agreed, this is overall an unattractive tournament as the only prizes we get are crafting parts and a yellow/red hybrid, as if we don't already have enough yellow/red hybrids already, with a long list that includes: Firestorm, Eagle, Clockwork, Wooden, Scorpion, Butterfly, Fireflower, and Honeybee. All of which are commonly seen on people's islands and easy to breed.
    In my opinion, it could have been an okay reward: if the tournament was more relaxed, giving us more time to complete it, no "glitches" working against us and no indestructible Steelflares that most users need 24hours+ to defeat, no matter how many diamonds/champions they have. Not one thing out of those was true for this particular tournament.
    And even then, I know what I'do with yet another red/yellow hybrid: leave it in storage, because at the rate the new dragons are introduced, open dragon slots are beginning to become a concern.

I should also mention the Rainbow Sentinel quest, to give an example of what I consider a worthy reward. It was an absolute pain trying to complete the quests in time, but the reward has been extremely valuable to me.

tl;dr version: the Fire Giant tournament was very very badly designed, made zero sense to use gold to complete it.
    Last edited by inesat; 07-13-15 at 12:03 PM.

Late in posting my results, but yesterday just didn't go as planned. By the time I was finished, I wasn't in the mood to type out a list. Other than my level 9 Angel, all dragons were epic. Warrior Princess was 1 and 1, winning her first ever battle and losing the second. Astromancer was my workhorse this tournament, fighting 7 times with 6 wins. Congrats to everyone who finished.

Fire - Rainbow Sentinel
    Fire Opal - Astromancer
    Firemane - Astromancer
    Fireflash - Astromancer
    Nightstalker - Astromancer
    Crusader - Water (lost Diamond)
    Firestorm - Rainbow Sentinel (twice due to rollback)
    Ares - Astromancer
    Frightmare - Lollipop
    Magma - Carousel
    Hades - Dawntree (lost Fuzzy, Angel-9)
    Steelflare - Lollipop
    Fireflower - Astromancer
    Emberglow - Warrior Princess
    Sunrise - Dark Naga
    Phoenix - Snap (lost Astromancer)
    Helios - Melody
    Fire Giant - Bubble (lost Warrior Princess, Snap)

I agree that this tournament was on the fubar side with the glitches. An extra would have been nice, especially for those who suffered from/with that crazy glitch. I didn't have that issue, but whether it was due to luck or the fact that I didn't start the tournament until late evening (only got 2 rounds in before bed) I don't know.

For me, the Fire Giant is meh due to all the yellow/red combos we have. But he's kind of cool looking - sort of a bigger cousin of Firestorm. Haven't decided yet whether to hatch him with all the yellow/red dragons I already have. Might put him on the nest in a couple of hours for the sunbeams though.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by inesat View Post
    This tournament was a failure on so many levels, as far as I'm concerned:

- next to impossible to complete without wasting gold
    - Round 1 was not the easy opponent it was supposed to be thanks to the "glitch"
    - the reward was mediocre, at best

Stopped bothering with it after a short while. That's a first for me in tournaments.
    There was also a glitch where the last round (Fire Giant) was impossivle to beat. That is the one that ****ed me. Every time you were going to defeat the Fire Giant, the game kicked you out.

Try to use the ultimate attack? Game kicks you out.

Try to just speed up? Only if you could **** the dragon would the game kick you. If the Fire Giant Dragon defeated yours, you would not be kicked out.

UPDATE: Just checked my inventory, and they have put it in my storage. So I have it. But dealing with this bug yesterday was absolutely rage inducing at the time.
    Last edited by xellosspoo; 07-13-15 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Update

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by inesat View Post
    In my opinion, it could have been an okay reward: if the tournament was more relaxed, giving us more time to complete it, no "glitches" working against us and no indestructible Steelflares that most users need 24hours+ to defeat, no matter how many diamonds/champions they have. Not one thing out of those was true for this particular tournament.
    And even then, I know what I'do with yet another red/yellow hybrid: leave it in storage, because at the rate the new dragons are introduced, open dragon slots are beginning to become a concern.

I should also mention the Rainbow Sentinel quest, to give an example of what I consider a worthy reward. It was an absolute pain trying to complete the quests in time, but the reward has been extremely valuable to me.

tl;dr version: the Fire Giant tournament was very very badly designed, made zero sense to use gold to complete it.
    Well, I still think the prize dragon is rather unappealing and don't make you feel motivated to finish this tournament.

Like you said, if the prize was a Champion type dragon, then many people would feel more motivated to finish it.

But a yellow/red hybrid? I'll leave it in my storage lol
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546