Thread: Ideas to save the Original Farm Story

Ideas to save the Original Farm Story

[Hello Farm Story:

I started playing Farm Story several months ago & like it very much. I think it is not only the best Farming game out there but the best game out there that allows for making a garden or yard. I tried Farm Story II and it is just not anywhere close to being the same game. The very things that I love so much about Farm Story are not available in Farm Story II. I love the amount of creativity that can be achieved by being able to finger tap each individual plot to plant & this can't be achieved by swiping an entire row with a sieve. In an effort to get you to save & bring back the weekly updates to the game I am making these suggestions which I feel may solve a lot of problems. (I just am very disappointed that updates are no longer offered to allow me to buy a great many of the holiday things which have been offered in the past which of course was one of the things that made Farm Story so special.)

A lot of people complain about all of the finger tapping being so tiring & time consuming but instead of removing the ability to individually plant each crop why not change the method of watering which is what I find to be the most tiring & time consuming to the point of making the game feel like work. I would like to be able to spend more time working in & enjoying my own garden not watering everyone else. Also, it is very hard on the eyes as a lot of players plant the entire garden full of only one plant making it extremely difficult to tell what has been watered. So why don't you change the watering so that it is included in the gifting. Since the amount of neighbors one is able to pick up as I understand is around 2000 although no one that I know of picks up that many neighbors in FS this should allow players to have as many neighbors as they like. It could work like this. You fix it so that the players could have a wish list for gifts & building supplies. Since we are allowed 20 gifts daily we would put 20 gifts on our wish list & if we were building something we would put the allowed amount of requested building supplies that can be received daily ?20 on wish list also. Then gifting would be as usual except that if you wanted to gift an item on the wish list you would still have to visit the neighbor to see what is on their wish list & gift it while visiting in their garden. Otherwise, you would simply gift 10 water drops ( since the number of neighbors may increase you could allow gifting 5 water drops for our personal neighbors & reduce the amount of water a community visitor gifts to 2 drops & the visitors would still have to visit the garden to gift since they aren't personal neighbors). So in this case you would only have to visit 20 to 40 neighbors which you want to gift from their wish list. The rest you would simply gift the way we do now by going down the list & gifting either water (or you could add some very small gifts such as individual special seeds or seed packs which could be gotten no other way). So the people you did not gift from your gifting list you would then visit to gift from the wish list. Visitors would only visit to view & enjoy other gardens or to invite neighbors or to try to get additional daily water if needed by gifting the person they visit with water. Also, then players wouldn't have to even visit other gardens at all if they were having a very busy day since they could then gift & water without visiting. Then players could use the water drops to water the plants of their choice themselves.

This method of gifting would allow for more neighbors if one wanted since it is frustrating to constantly turn people down or not. The method for picking up neighbors could be changed so that you would have to visit someone's garden to click a button to invite that neighbor if they had the button turned on saying they were accepting invites. If this is done then players could pick up enough neighbors to make up for their bad neighbors who never water back or never have anything to water in their garden due to it being full, wilted, empty or very long harvest crops were planted or permanently planned crops (& they would be more likely to water if they only had to water the way we gift now). It wouldn't matter so much whether your neighbors visit or not or if they played only occasionally or they took long vacations. You would only have to visit them if you wanted to for wish list gifting. You could then do away with the star system as it is currently useless either because you can't see star rating before picking someone up as neighbor or because they keep watering to keep their star rating up only until they have neighbors to water them.

This method of watering would, also, allow players to plant the way they really wanted to whereas now players are having to accommodate their neighbors & visitors by trying to always have something available for them to water.

You could also do away with the personal wall then & just have private messaging either by visiting them to message or replying to a sent message. Players then could message to let their neighbors know they had a wish list. Or keep the personal wall & provide an option for personal messages too. The newsfeed could be done away with or changed so that if a visitor came to your garden & watered by hitting a button to gift water then the player would be alerted to who left what gifts-water, wish gift, wish building supply & etc. Or changed to a chat newsfeed if you played online on PC. It would be important that the game only alerted players to visitors who actually gifted, watered or invited not just visited to view the garden. As it is now the newsfeed shows anyone who drops into your garden whether they watered you or not. It just makes more frustration as players are having to water back from both messages posted to their wall & the newsfeed. It could work something like the online Garden of Times game used to work on gifting & messages. Or private messaging could work like Dark Manor game. The difference would be in making the gifting so that you could still water all neighbors no matter how many you had. (You don't want to limit the gifting or you would just be changing one stressful situation for another. I have quit several games because of stressful gifting due to the fact it was limited.)

Maybe, you could even add Tapjoy to allow a way to get more gems if you do not have money to buy them since gems are difficult to get & most good things require gems.
    Last edited by RosePetunia; 07-10-15 at 07:37 AM.

Executive Chef
    These are very good ideas. But unfortunately the game is over and won't get any new updates. Other than the ones for Black Friday and Christmas. Gems are hard to come by but by mastering and downloading all the android games they can be saved eventually. I'd just save my gems and not open any boxes. If you start now, by November you can have a decent amount and may find some awesome displays for sale.

Without playing regularly and just downloading for months I saved over 200 gems and have s huge selection of items to decorate with. I'm just happy we can still play the game on iOS. Since past games that aren't supported were unfairly removed. Like city story, nightclub story and monster story.

Farm story is still a great game and if I had the patience to constantly tap to harvest and plant I'd keep playing. As of now my farm is fully expanded and was full of trees, with my intention to master them all and then sell them for a profit. But I just couldn't muster up the enthusiasm. One day we were getting new releases and the next they just stopped. No announcement. And they still couldn't be honest and say the game was being passed up for the new and fancy version.

orleansparish is right, the game is over. I just mastered every non-gem crop and tree. All that is left for me is seasonal decorating and visiting my dear neighbors that I've cultivated over the last five years.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    These are very good ideas. But unfortunately the game is over and won't get any new updates. Other than the ones for Black Friday and Christmas. Gems are hard to come by but by mastering and downloading all the android games they can be saved eventually.

The game is only over if you guys refuse to continue it which would be a big mistake (or at least most of the current FS players think so). As I said I have played several games with gardens & yards which you decorate & these are the only type games which I am interested in. Gamers which like this type game are usually adults & young adults & you guys have been only catering to children. If you wish to expand your interests & player bases you could continue this game. I am part of a larger game group which is very large & a great many of the players play games where you have gardens or yards to decorate & have hidden objects. Although, this is not a hidden object game, I really believe if you kept this game & continued updates that it could grow into a top game as there is no other game quite like it & it fills a need for players looking for this type of game & the ability to be more creative.

Who wants to waste time playing a dead game??? I certainly do not because I want the updates with the opportunity to get all the nice things offered in the past and that you still offer your other game players. And I am not interested in playing any of your other games as this is the only game I was interested in. (And I do not play games which I am not interested in not even for the gems. It is really inappropriate that you add the other games as goals to the FS game. If players are interested in your other games then they will play them otherwise not.) It is terrible that you have chose to ignore all the fans of the original Farm Story game & **** the game. It shows you have no respect for the players; and without players you would have no business Also, it shows you have no real interest in expanding your horizons. You are ignoring the fact that the original Farm Story is the one that most fans prefer to play not Farm Story II which is a completely different game all together. A different type of player is drawn to Farm Story II as it is a community game, the type of which I do not like to play. Also, sometimes less social is better as players can play the game & still progress without being hampered by neighbors. Maybe, some other game company will decide to take my ideas into consideration & make a game just like this with improvements for a larger player base. This could have possibly grown to be a very big game maybe an award winner; maybe not but you will never know. You are ****ing this game a little too early as farming games are just now beginning to grow in popularity.

The harvesting & plowing could also be combined but the fact that each individual seed can be planted separate is what makes this game so creative. Gems could have been offered by giving them as gifts also or letting players buy gems with game coins.

Anyway, now that I know you have no interest in being fair to the loyal Farm Story players and continuing the updates to this game I will change my 5 star rating of this game to a 1 star as no one wants to play a game with no future.
    Last edited by RosePetunia; 07-16-15 at 02:40 PM.

Executive Chef
    After seeing your post I started playing the game again and was surprised at the still large fan base. I have new neighbors as all 98, minus one I had before had stopped playing. Which is really sad. Storm8 still offers gem sales to dubious new players who dont know the game wont have anything new, once they reach all their is to offer. Older players may still buy them, as they want certain items. The last time I purchased gems was during the box with the duck pond in it. So long ago I do not remember.

The game is dead, BUT for now its still on ios. Forgotten games are still playable on android. Id be mortified if we werent allowed to keep the game on ios. Because I have spent many hundreds of dollars during the time I played by opening boxes. And I still look forward to what will be available for black friday and xmas. We all know they have been using bad business practices. Letting this game go, in favor of farm 2, when they could have simply had someone from the old farm game work a couple hours to put one new tree, crop and who knows an old box item on there once a week, is lazy.

But, ill still play among the players who are new and old, because seeing the fun folks are still having is amazing. And THIS is why I impatiently waited every tuesday to see what was coming. The game is a huge stress release. Farm 2, I play, but its too frustrating. I have tons of trees and crops to master and gems to save by november, so again, as long as they dont mess with ios, ill remain a content player.