Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Update: July 8th 2015

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    I never saw that castle before. It's cute. Could fit in with my current summer theme. But not 50 gems cute. And I'm on a gem spending ban. Will keep saving for November.

If they mess with us then, like no gem sales or nothing spectacular I'm done. So they have until the end of the year to get their stuff together. I'm just thinking of the money I'll save yearly by not playing these games.
    I'm on the keep-playing but no-paying plan now. which means that what gems i have to be spent very wisely, and i agree with you, the castle's good, but not that good. i'll save for if they release my dream decor while i concentrate on mastering.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Rhino Keeper
    I will not be purchasing appliances for gems, nor will I be doing goals that require gems to complete. Save gem purchases for decorating ONLY please. I LOVE the story games and would hate to give them up... But i will. Thank you.

Rhino Keeper
    No appliances for gems! Not in my place...for however long it stays open. What a travesty of an update, from the outrageous floor decor prices to the recycled recipes on a for-gems stove, and just about everything in-between.

The worst has to be the Eiffle Tower wallpaper. Monsieur Eiffel must be turning in his graev.

Executive Chef
    Bleahhhh!!! Gem stoves and lousy, expensive items.

Grand Emperor
    I am not happy they released another gem appliance. I was not happy with the BS gem goals. However, I bought each appliance and completed the BS gem goals. I have never bought gems, and used earned gems.

I do not agree with most of Storm8's business practices. I do not like the way they treat their customers, purposely try to get you to accidently spend gems, and not release the same games to Android. But since I play for free, and can earn gems, it doesn't bother me as much since I have not given Storm8 a cent.

If you search the internet, there is a company that did a study on free to play games. They tracked 10M new players on 30 games for 90 days. 2.2% of those players spent real money. 46% of the revenue came from 10% of that group, or 0.22% of the total player base. 67% quit within a day of downloading. 53% of spending happened in the first 7 days after downloading. So, in general, Storm8 really doesn't care if people quit, since there will always be new players who are willing to spend money, with a chance they they'll hook a big spender.

YouTube has videos of other companies showing off their offices, with free food, bowling alleys, gyms, company cars you can take free to run errands, washers and dryers to use for free, etc. There are articles of other US companies who have yearly paid meetings/retreats in Cabo, Tokyo, Australia, Lisbon, etc. At least they're taking care of their employees rather than the top executives taking it all, because companies are still going to do whatever they can to increase profits.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    I am not happy they released another gem appliance. I was not happy with the BS gem goals. However, I bought each appliance and completed the BS gem goals. I have never bought gems, and used earned gems.

I do not agree with most of Storm8's business practices. I do not like the way they treat their customers, purposely try to get you to accidently spend gems, and not release the same games to Android. But since I play for free, and can earn gems, it doesn't bother me as much since I have not given Storm8 a cent.

If you search the internet, there is a company that did a study on free to play games. They tracked 10M new players on 30 games for 90 days. 2.2% of those players spent real money. 46% of the revenue came from 10% of that group, or 0.22% of the total player base. 67% quit within a day of downloading. 53% of spending happened in the first 7 days after downloading. So, in general, Storm8 really doesn't care if people quit, since there will always be new players who are willing to spend money, with a chance they they'll hook a big spender.

YouTube has videos of other companies showing off their offices, with free food, bowling alleys, gyms, company cars you can take free to run errands, washers and dryers to use for free, etc. There are articles of other US companies who have yearly paid meetings/retreats in Cabo, Tokyo, Australia, Lisbon, etc. At least they're taking care of their employees rather than the top executives taking it all, because companies are still going to do whatever they can to increase profits.
    Have to correct you there in one little thing, I'm an android user and androids do have the same games, we usually get the updates and goals a few hours later or the next day plus we're still waiting for the block button to be implemented and we never got our emojis back or able to see them. We're treated like we're 2nd rate players.
    PLEASE MAY ANDROID USERS HAVE A BLOCK BUTTON?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygenie View Post
    Have to correct you there in one little thing, I'm an android user and androids do have the same games, we usually get the updates and goals a few hours later or the next day plus we're still waiting for the block button to be implemented and we never got our emojis back or able to see them. We're treated like we're 2nd rate players.
    Have to correct you there. Android does not get all the games released by storm 8 to ios players. Nmishii plays on android as well and has been one of the most active agitators for equality between ios and android.

Exactly. All this talk about alienating their loyal customers and players quitting doesn't affect Storm8. It never has. They have never ever really exhibited a care in the world when all these threats have been made and they continue to use underhanded methods of snatching gems from players. This is why I continue to play and to play without buying gems. If I lose them accidentally then it doesn't matter much to me anyway. I didn't buy them. I save what gems I earn through the game, use them as I please and continue to be grateful for those who buy gems with real money. They allow me to play for free.

I suspect though that, like so many new game feautures that have gone through despite the protest of players, this new direction of gem goals and gem appliances is here to stay. We'll probably start to see the same thing as the original farm story too. Recipes for gems. I bet that's on the horizon too.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 07-09-15 at 07:47 AM.

I play on both platforms and have noticed an incredible number of games offered to me on iOS for which I am never solicited on Android. Which isn't a complaint, just a statement of fact.

The LTO is vexing me. I want it. But not for 50 gems. Sigh.

Host(ess)

R.S
    B.S
    Fashion
    Zoo Story
    Zoo Story2
    Farm Story
    Farm Story2
    Castle Story
    Pet Shop
    Nightclub
    City Story
    Monster Story
    iMobsters
    World War
    Kingdom Live
    Racing Live
    Ninjas Live
    Pets Live
    Dragon Story
    and the Candy Manias, Fruitsplash, Jewels, Slots, Monopoly.

What ones are we missing? I know R.S2 is floating about out there somewhere.
    Last edited by ladygenie; 07-09-15 at 08:30 AM.
    PLEASE MAY ANDROID USERS HAVE A BLOCK BUTTON?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ladygenie View Post
    R.S
    B.S
    Fashion
    Zoo Story
    Zoo Story2
    Farm Story
    Farm Story2
    Castle Story
    Pet Shop
    Nightclub
    City Story
    Monster Story
    iMobsters
    World War
    Kingdom Live
    Racing Live
    Ninjas Live
    Pets Live

and the Candy Manias, Fruitsplash, Jewels, Slots, Monopoly.

What ones are we missing? I know R.S2 is floating about out there somewhere.
    https://forums.storm8.com/forumdispla...aurant-Story-2

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast