Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gems required to complete quest lines: not good.

Farm Supplier

Angry Get Nutty! goal just unlocked - they require us to spend gems?!?!

Finished making the lemon chess pies and unlocked the next goal:

- Serve 15 peanut pies (on same oven as lemon chess pies)
    - Have 1 Pie Table Display (have to purchase with 10 gems)

Since when do these holiday missions require us to spend gems? Disappointed

Fashion Designer

Farm Supplier
    Thanks! Don't know how I missed that!

New Resident
    I definitely agree! Wish we couldnt petition it xD

Host(ess)
    It's ridiculous when the goals want you to spend gems on something you don't want. JUST DON'T PLAY THE GOAL, whatever idiot on their staff came up with that idea. It wasn't a good one. When I spend gems it's going to be on something that I actually want to spend MY money on.

I guess S8 went NUTTY!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by QTHoneywell View Post
    I guess S8 went NUTTY!
    also known as going zynga

Gems required to complete quest lines: not good.

Dear S8,

I know you might not read this, but hey, maybe these feedback forums are actually here for a reason; I'll take a chance. I want you to know that this new thing you're doing is a bad idea.

I've always had a very poor opinion of Zynga and its freemium philosophy, and am wondering now if that corporate mindset is why Bakery Story's current quest line--namely, requiring gems to complete it--is something Zynga's people brought with them to TeamLava/S8. If this is how y'all have decided to go, it's your company and I get that you should run it the way you want, but you'll lose a paying customer because I'm simply not going to put up with it. You might notice I don't play Dragon Story or Pet Shop Story much, and the gem/gold reliance is a big part of why. On my wall on Bakery Story, meanwhile, not one single person is saying they're going to complete this quest line. Many are rattled and confused by the change in direction. As for me, I'm certainly never buying gems again (and I'm thankful I never spent much anyway--your lack of confirmation dialogues for purchases really turns me off and I'm not giving you lot money just so you can steal it back from me with poorly-made dialog boxes and pop-ups), and I'm second-guessing my involvement with every one of your games as a result of your decisions regarding Bakery Story. I liked the graphics enough to deal with the other problems, but now the other problems have impacted my actual game play and that's enough for me.

If this money-grubbing approach works so awesomely that S8 has to follow Zynga's lead in adopting it, then S8 is going to end up where Zynga . But again, your company, your choice. And my time and money, my choice.

Yrs,
    Cytheran

It is NOT OKAY to send this user invites.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-08-15 at 11:28 AM. Reason: removed third party link- see forum rules

Host(ess)

July 4th goal

Many players have left the game because of being forced to pay gems for doing the goal.
    I realise that Team Lava has to make money but I feel charging gems to play a goal is unscrupulous after all this game is supposed to be free to play and many of the people playing are children.

It's not fair I didn't even have enough gems to play goal and had to ask my parents to buy me some.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast