Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW EXPANSIONS HAVE ARRIVED - And three previous animals too!

Executive Chef
    Okay so the 3 retired animals are on sale, but the don't say limited, does that mean they are back to stay?

Executive Chef
    OMG! I got Nightmare!!! Ladypug and Crystal unicorn! 19 hours, sped to make sure and the egg is now in my nest!

Fashion Designer
    It's great to have confirmation that these are breedable, and Congratulations to everyone who succeeded at doing so!

I'd like to know how long they're available for too. TL have been good lately with marking 'Limited' animals properly, but these 3 don't have a 'Limited' label. I'm tempted to by Nightmare at that price but would like to try my luck first.

I just don't want to miss out if it's pulled before I get a chance to get it from the market if I fail breeding it.
    Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
    Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    At times (very often, actually) I can get SO annoyed and frustrated with the breeding outcomes... Why, just why do I pretty much ALWAYS only get the commons I've been getting millions of times already?!
    Now there's likely to be limited breeding for no less than 4 animals and I've been trying the straight earth-water breedings for the Dripmunk alternated with other breedings that are shots at the ultra rares (of which I have yet to succeed breeding one). This is done with the rationale that a LOT of good animals that I still need can be the "collateral damage" outcome too and that big gaps in breeding and hatching times give me chances at hatching of animals I have in storage, but now all of that is constantly frustrated by literally ALWAYS getting one of the commons as outcomes, with relatively short fail times....
    It has just happened twice again with shots at the Golden Retriever, with a.o. possibly a Nightmare as outcome (along with 4 others I still need). Do you think I'd get one of the good really long timers?
    Noooo of course I twice got the 9 hours Firefox. Such a waste of precious limited breeding time!! Oh how I'd love to be able to say "hey I got this on the first try". That would feel really sweet but for some reason I just always HAVE to be taken all the way to the grind and then only to hit rock bottom at the end, as time is NOT on our side... Grrr....

At times like these I just don't know what to try anymore. I want to breed a Unicorn, I want to breed a treasure animal, I want to breed the 4 limited animals, and then there are still several breedings (like Nature-Electric) that I just never get around to. These "common" outcomes all the time are now really becoming frustrating as I just want to be able to pick off SOME of these animals and then proceed to the next one(s) without having EVERY attempt fail on me. Waaah!

Here's a cool idea for a 4th July and/or first birthday anniversary celebration: 1 day of "inverse breeding odds" on everything! I think I'd be speeding all day long through ultra rare outcome after ultra rare outcome then.

Anyway, I digress: congrats on that 19 hours timer! :P
    Please do let us know if indeed it's the Nightmare. It would be really GREAT if it's breedable!

Cheers,
    Olafo
    I have found for myself the only thing that works to ease the frustration that comes with RNG related breeding is to just basically accept (however unhappily) that I won't always, or even often, have luck work in my favor. I've been playing DS for a few years now, and started FFS when it first came out, and at times have gone through very very unlucky streaks where I will breed nothing new for months. I've just had to accept that when limited animals come around, there's a high chance I won't get it. And when I do, I'm happy I was fortunate enough. But I recognize that unless I'm willing to spend ridiculous amounts of real money, I simple won't achieve it all, or even most.

I had terrible luck with the music trio, not even being able to get 1 of them after a month of single minded effort. But keep in mind, just like the current sale shows, limited/battleground animals will make a return almost guaranteed whether through a random sale, or during a particular time of year (I.e., Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc). So while I'm bummed I didn't get any musical critters, I accept I didn't get any...and I look forward to trying again sometime in the future.

I definitely feel your pain/frustration though, as many of us do. And it can feel like at times the game is out to sabotage you no matter how dedicated you are, but eventually you'll get something you want and that can help buffer the feeling and in the end keeps most of us playing.

The best of luck breeding to everyone out there!

Executive Chef
    Wow Zenobia would have loved to breed a nightmare
    I wonder if I should try to breed one?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Wow Zenobia would have loved to breed a nightmare
    I wonder if I should try to breed one?
    Most definitely try! I was so excited. Have him evolving now, my excitement couldn't stand it, I had to speed him along.

New Resident
    just got confetti yeti!

Executive Chef
    Well at least my rant about the bad breeding luck seems to have had a little bit of effect: I just moved the Firefox from the den to the nest and again chose dark-fire for breeding (hoping to get a Nightmare) and got a 14 hour timer, which is not a bad fail, as it's the Hot Dog, that I didn't have already! I decided to speed the Firefox that had just been moved to the nest and put the Patriotter in it, as I want it in epic form asap. Possibly I'll speed the last 6 hours of the hatching time too, so I can directly do another dark-fire breeding once the Hot Dog's breeding is done.

I really hope these new limited animals don't disappear too soon! :P
    For now the breeding attempts for the Dipmunk have been put on hold....

Fashion Designer
    GUYS I JUST BRED UNICORNOPIA.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	21385
    It was right after I spent $40 dollars on the gem sale so I guess this was my reward lol I'm gonna save apples up immediately to get her to epic!!!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdeda View Post
    Most definitely try! I was so excited. Have him evolving now, my excitement couldn't stand it, I had to speed him along.
    Got it... Spend about 50 gems on speed breeding and got 19 hours
    Thanks for the advice

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast