Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: NEW EXPANSIONS HAVE ARRIVED - And three previous animals too!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzieQ477 View Post
    And they're gone! Thank God I bought Nightmare yesterday. I thought the sale would be finished I didn't realise the animals would go too.
    Sad about this. I had enough gems to buy it exactly but was waiting for the egg in my nest to finish. I really wish they would have made it so we could buy the animal and it go directly in storage

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    Anyway, bummer for TL as I now didn't spend those 280 gems that I would have spent had the sale lasted only 15 minutes longer and from the looks of it the same goes for Doompicnic, or did you get it?
    No I was unable to get it because I had something in the nest to finish. I had enough gems to just buy the animal. Very disappointed the egg wasn't able to go into storage.

Edit: I still see the animals in the store. I'm guessing they will disappear in 30 minutes when the timer on the value pack runs out?

Edit: They are gone from the store now. Err. I won't be buying gems again especially when I can't even get the item I want.
    Last edited by Doompicnic; 07-07-15 at 11:04 AM.

Executive Chef
    Just one hour short of the update they removed them. That's pretty lame.

Anyway, bummer for TL as I now didn't spend those 280 gems that I would have spent had the sale lasted only 15 minutes longer and from the looks of it the same goes for Doompicnic, or did you get it?
    I bet lots of people out there would have bought one or more of the animals just before the update given the chance. I don't get TL at all. They basically missed out on a lot of business by pulling these animals early. It seems very unfair toward the players too. Certainly doesn't make me want to spend money on gems.

Fashion Designer
    Well what sweet irony.... I was 15 minutes removed from making the acquisition when the strolling pony screen showed and now they're gone.
    So, hold that thought on "Whatever will happen, I'll have my nightmare tonight". Just one hour short of the update they removed them. That's pretty lame.
    But... at least I got to hold on to my gems and can use them for other matters. I don't think I'll quickly let my head get wrapped around these limited breedings all too soon again: the last 4-5 weeks of limited breeding have been disastrous. I'll probably stick to my own agenda again and shall try for the ultra rares again.

I just now noticed a 5 minute timer on the Dripmunk. I decided to speed the remaining part of my current hatching and breedings on having one last roll of the dice; a shot at the Dripmunk. I got an 11 hour timer. Amazing. That's my SECOND Glacial Griffin fail in only some 5-6 attempts that I made at the Dripmunk. Well, it's not too bad a fail: I'll do the same as I have done for my 4 Magmacores (all but 1 were fails from breeding for the musical trio): have one entire habitat filled with them (and one in a different one), and keep them as cash-cows until the dire need arises to get rid of them. :P
    OMG this makes my heart break! I can't believe they would remove the animals before the update. Thats a real **** move. Things like this are what make me have crazy brain and purchase creatures at 6am in the morning lol I really hope they have a good update that brings more interest to the game today

Executive Chef
    I was in one way really, really disappointed by these animals being pulled right before I was going to buy the Nightmare. To put insult to injury, not only did I miss the chance to buy the Nightmare, but also today's update included precisely the kind of habitat I recommended as an excellent fit for it: a new dark-fire habitat with a lot of coin capacity. Had I been able to buy the Nightmare (280 gems) I'm sure I would have made another gem purchase and buy the new habitat (200 gems), then move the Nightmare and my two Gold Lions to it, and aim for breeding an Aurora Pegasus.

None of that will happen now.

Part of me is sad about it and a part of me is relieved: as you can read between the lines in some of my posts in this thread I kinda make it a policy to NOT buy animals but breed them. I find that once one buys them, it feels a bit like '*****ing' and crossing a 'spending' line into a realm I don't really want to tread. During the past few days that thought was hanging over my head like the sword of Damocles and possibly it would have been bad karma to buy the Nightmare. This time round it was a crash and burn as I went down in flames, but at least I went down trying, without too much speed breeding. It kinda feels better for my karma.

Luckily today's updates were kind on me and gave no less than 4 (!) desirable new things:
    1) A new most excellent habitat, which in due time I may well buy. I would have bought it right away if it would have been on a 100 gem sale.
    2) A new battleground!!! Yay! \O/
    3) A new breedable (and NON limited) nature-electric animal. Nature-Electric is my least bred combination, so there are a lot of collaterals I still need.
    4) A very easy quest that I am already certain I can complete (as I have a level 7 and a level 10 Chromadile in my forest), but being of the dark-water kind, it's more or less the 2nd least tried breeding so I may breed for it a few times and just keep the already present Chromadiles as a contingency strategy.

Now... I could even put in a few 4 element attempts (nature-lightning-dark-water) and combine numbers 3 and 4 with attempts at a Unicorn; my number 1 objective in this game at this time.

There!
    The early retraction of the Nightmare (and the others) felt like a meanly stinging slap in the face -- for a moment. I think I'm over it now.
    Bye, bye, beautiful Nightmare, you would have looked ever so lovely in my forest on the anticipated highest ground on the dark plots, nicely at epic level in that new dark-fire habitat together with in due time 2 epic Gold Lion (currently at levels 10 and 15) and also with an aimed for epic Aurora Pegasus. You would have been in the "King-of-the-hill" spot, but well. It was not to be.
    (looks like I'm not fully over it yet, but it will wear off in time)

Rhino Keeper
    It is also my philosophy to never buy an animal but to only "deserve" them through the breeding den. I'm sad that the Nightmare stayed breedable for such a short time, but I did what I could in that I tried several times the fire-dark combo, getting at least 7 Firefoxes and one pretty Ladypug as a welcomed side-effect (hatched Yesterday evening).
    It just was not meant to be - maybe next time!

Executive Chef
    Omg we can only expand to the last 4 plots of the dark island we already expanded previously. You CAN NOT expand to new islands
    Now this is pissing me off, and its offensive thatTL just threw a bone at us so we may shut up complaining
    We have been complaining for months that we need expansions and they give us only 4 plots

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by EviBrooklyn View Post
    Omg we can only expand to the last 4 plots of the dark island we already expanded previously. You CAN NOT expand to new islands
    Now this is pissing me off, and its offensive thatTL just threw a bone at us so we may shut up complaining
    We have been complaining for months that we need expansions and they give us only 4 plots
    I am hoping this expansion is only a temporary measure as they prepare a new update that included not only more expansions but an increase in the habitat limit. I expect that to do that, they will increase the possible player level as well.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ninasidstorm8 View Post
    I am hoping this expansion is only a temporary measure as they prepare a new update that included not only more expansions but an increase in the habitat limit. I expect that to do that, they will increase the possible player level as well.
    Based on past experience, I doubt that
    I'm personally sick and tired of complaining constantly and having to ask for new expansions
    I made the mistake of buying the new lava habitat while I have 2 more habitats in storage from previous world events. I have one plot opened which I would like to save it for and if I ever get my 2nd money badger
    Oh well.

Fashion Designer
    Does anyone know if we get more then 4 spaces for expansions?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast