Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 07/02/15 Update: Baron's Tent prizes (July 2015) IOS only

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittensabc View Post
    All items are virtual and have no value, so that's not something they have to worry about.
    Purchasing Gems with Real Money has value.

Rhino Keeper
    "FAQ:
    Q1: Will the previous prizes be available in the future?
    A: tbc"
    Tbc? To be continued?
    What does it mean?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jopik View Post
    "FAQ:
    Q1: Will the previous prizes be available in the future?
    A: tbc"
    Tbc? To be continued?
    What does it mean?
    To be Confirmed

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by burritosprings View Post
    Purchasing Gems with Real Money has value.
    You are purchasing an ingame "soft" currency with no real world value (I.e you can't transfer or redeem it for real world "hard" currency) so no, it isn't subject to gambling laws. :/

Edit: To expand on the above (it is rather vague) gems are not transferable and exist only to be redeemed for virtual goods and are thus not subject to any gambling statutes in the U.S. that I am aware of.
    Last edited by kittensabc; 07-08-15 at 03:46 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kittensabc View Post
    You are purchasing an ingame "soft" currency with no real world value (I.e you can't transfer or redeem it for real world "hard" currency) so no, it isn't subject to gambling laws. :/
    Yeah I guess your right.. but it does seem weird that you can use real money in hopes that the item is gained and based on a random generator. That is gambling by letter of the law except in Digital game land it seems.

Rhino Keeper
    To be Confirmed
    Thanks! i feel stupid))

The gambling is when you risk but at least have a small chance to win. In Baron Tent, theres No such chance , you have to spend Gems to "win".

Rhino Keeper
    Yeah I guess your right.. but it does seem weird that you can use real money in hopes that the item is gained and based on a random generator. That is gambling by letter of the law except in Digital game land it seems.
    I just edited in a clarification, because in some instances you are right and you might run afoul of gambling statutes even with virtual currencies. Also, fun tidbit, the baron tent isn't actually random. There are preset "lists" of the small prizes (behind the baron's pictures) so that no matter what order you click on the pictures you would always get, say, wheat on your 11th throw (depending on what list you get for that day.)

Rhino Keeper
    Since we are throwing CABAGES... We should be able to throw the cabages we grow!!! Or maybe we could TRANSFORM the ordinary cabages into super cabages to use in the tent. Even if it was a long process to make the super cabages it would be up to us to make them, save them and use them when we see a prize we like or want. Because to have to buy gems to get any prize and there is no guarantee you will win is not fair. I prefer to use my gem to BUY an item that i know exactly how many gems it will cost me up front.

Farm Supplier
    You can know buy a value pack with cabbages for the tent.

Either way you spend way too much on something that drops one single item that's not worth what you spent to get it.
    Accolon of Lorrainne ♌️❌❌{}=============>
    ⚔⚔Proud member (#16) of The Thuakie Sword Society ⚔⚔
    *******NOT adding any new neighbors at this time******

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast