Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

Thread: Tournament! 06/30/15 - Patriotter

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaMagic View Post
    If you get the Patriotter, it gets put in storage. Do you have to hatch it to keep it, or is that just to get the gems from the goal? Can I keep it and hatch it at a later date? Thanks!
    You will keep it in storage and can hatch it whenever you like. Congrats on winning!
    **HAPPY 2019**
    I am taking a break from all games now.
    Apologies to all neighbors and hope to see you again soon!

DS = Tuffyland (167) CS = Wiggly Valley (50) FFS = bunnyville (116)
    FS2 = Bailey's Acres (48) RS2 = Bob's Bistro (52) BS2 (34) ~~ DC:M (23)

Fashion Designer
    Congrats on everybody winning and Ty chippy for the chart. Could not have done it without it.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by RowanaFarrin View Post
    Well, I'm not going to make it through to the end now. Not surprising considering it was my first tournement and I had to start more than half way through. But at least I finally got that Matripony that was holding me up for a day and a half! Sweet revenge! Hopefully next time I'll have better luck.

Good luck to everyone in the last hours!
    Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't make it this tournament. I've been in the same boat as you are, until I decided to investigate how to improve my tournament chances.
    To those who don't know how to optimise their chances in combat, you may want to read this post of mine:
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1129183

It explains in detail how I went about building an "A team" of some 5-6 super rare fighters, that cover ALL of the possible types of opponents. All of that was based on the extensive information that can be found in the excellent "Making sense of the battleground" thread. It is recommended to read that thread in full, but it's long and if so desired you can cut to the chase and just read and heed the above mentioned post of mine, that summarises the key parts of that thread.

There's an Excel sheet too that covers my A-team as well as the "generic opponents". The ones in my previous posts are dated by now, and this tournament that just ended saw me make some changes (partially also due to the changes element strengths that happened during the tournament).

Of course not everyone has the same animals as I do and it can e.g. perhaps be difficult to get a Gold Lion, but it can be substituted with the Hareon or the Daredevil, which are basically easy to acquire (the former one will be REALLY expensive to get to epic level though).

You may want to start implementing similar "team building tactics" so you too are much better prepared for the next tournament. If you don't want to focus on seeing each animal consecutively make it all the way to epic level, simply see to it that your A-team fighters are ASAP at level 12, and just pick off the level updates from there, leveling up an animal 1 level at a time.

Ever since building my A-team, all tournaments have been pretty easy on me and no longer required gems to get past certain rounds. I hope you can benefit from this information and can get to the same point too!

I have just updated my sheet with the new findings from this tournament and I have attached it to this post. I hope that I've got everything covered correctly. Note that the 5 "core fighters" mentioned in it can cover everything well without needing ultra rares. Also note that I have listed 3 "occasional fighters" as I have the luxury of doing so, and they provide better matches for some opponents than the core fighters do. Most definitely focus on the core fighters first.

Cheers and good luck!
    Olafo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 14.07.21.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	21459   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-07-07 at 14.07.40.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	21460  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ogreve; 07-07-15 at 06:03 AM.

Thanks ogreve. Using your info I was able to finish filling in my opponent list.

Rhino Keeper
    Great list, ogreve. Thanks for sharing.

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you very much, ogreve! This was very helpful info that will be a big help for me. ^__^ I have a few animals to start building my own A-Team for the next tournament!

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152