Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Fashion Designer
    Sometimes drawing a picture for someone to help them understand, even if you use crayons, won't do any good.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by esleyoga View Post
    TeamLava and Storm8 "Wow. We should make a bunch of cool games people like to play and give them for free. There would be some content people could purchase, so we could buy things like groceries and house payments, but for the most part, the game would be free. People are good and honest. If they really like our games, they'll throw us a couple bucks here and there and with the amount of players we'll have, each person could just throw us $2-$5 a month and we'll be fine with our jobs and keep delivering awesome content across multiple platforms and multiple games."

Players "We love these free games. I never buy gems. I never will buy gems. I hate that buying gems or losing gems or using gems is even an option. I hate the fact that the creators of the game don't spend all day every day online with me and my problems and on the site they created. I hate that new content doesn't come out faster. I hate that there were bugs in the new content they pushed faster. I hate that the creators of the games I love to play - and will NEVER pay for - aren't giving me more for free without any time to do it and with my constant complaining about them."

TeamLava and Storm8 "Hey man, can you pass the pizza? I haven't eaten yet today. The players refuse to buy gems. And they complain a LOT."
    "Sorry dude, can't give you any more pizza. It's gone. The players are online right now saying how proud they are they never buy gems. We're outta cash."
    "Man! I got a kid on the way. I'm going to have to stop messing around designing these games and go get a paying job over at Microsoft or somewhere."
    "Wait! Before you give up on these games completely. I've got an idea. Let's try a pay for play approach. If people actually want to play our games, maybe they'd be willing to pay for it before our lights turn off."

With the amount of complaining I'm reading here - I'm surprised they don't just can the games altogether and go get real jobs. You know, the kind that actually bring in money. I'm rather disgusted by how many of you are so darn PROUD that you've never bought gems. Do you go to restaurants and eat their food and not pay there either? You're talking about throwing the game designers - of a game you all readily admit you LIKE - $2.00 USD. That's it. $2.00 for a month's worth of entertainment. Get one less Redbox flick and throw the designers a bone so they can go out and have fun too. They may have started it for free, but obviously that wasn't working for them. Before you call them greedy and money grubbing, go through this thread and see how many of you are so HAPPY you've never paid them a dime for their hard work on this game. I've been playing on and off for years and I've paid for gems, I've bought stuff. I consider that the price of being able to actually play a game I like. Buy one less Starbucks and support the game development. I highly doubt the creators of these games are "rolling in the riches." Most likely they realized what everyone reading this thread is going to realize - the PLAYERS are skin flints who can't be bothered rewarding the creation of something they enjoy. The PLAYERS are greedy, gimme gimme, more more more toddlers who would rather go online and kvetch rather than support the artistic creation they want to take advantage of. No one is FORCING you to buy gems - heck, they give them for free just for downloading other games! - many of you have admitted you have hundreds of gems saved up and how dare they ask for them back. The goal content is not required to continue playing the game. Yes, if you are a higher level, the goals make it interesting and more fun to play. Is it not worth $2 a month? A MONTH. Not a day, not an hour, but a MONTH. Shoot, I pay $2 a month to just think about going to get a cup of coffee. New game content? They could charge me DOUBLE that and I'd still feel I was getting a deal. BTW, that $2 was based on the gems being NOT ON SALE, which as we know is only every other day as they are on sale all the darn time.
    I really thought everyone played like me, you like a game, you give the designers some money to continue getting great content. I didn't realize how petty and tight fisted players were. No wonder they are "Forcing" you to pay! You obviously weren't doing it on your own! The only ones who seem ok with the $2 are the people who were already paying anyway. Maybe there should just be a $5/month charge to pay - all content is then free - and the people who want to support the game will keep playing and the rest of you can go play Angry Birds or something.
    I used to spend money on S8 games, but stopped after "support" told me an outright lie. I caught them, I have proof and I sent it their way. The situation was resolved in my favour, but their dishonesty meant that I never spent a single cent again.

Btw the return button will help you with paragraphs and will make your wall of text easier to read :/
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Farm Supplier
    I don't know why but I feel like when kooky gets back we are all gonna be in trouble.

Executive Chef
    I don't work for them, so not good enough a game designer or imaginative to do that. The price I got was gems for $4.99 divided by the 24 someone on the thread said it would cost (at a minimum) to finish the goals. I think it's like 40 gems for $5? If have to go into the game to check the package pricing. I am decimals NOT on the favored iOS - left out Android player here. But the gems are on sale all the time - maybe as an incentive to those that but they have more regular sales? I don't know, and really don't mind that they target their sales. JC Penny dies the same thing - My market is left out of every sale every major department store has because we don't shop on a certain day. I've learned to roll with it. As for advanced notice - yeah, that would be nice, but I believe it's been mentioned ad naseum that this company does not talk to the players regarding anything. A far as the company making more money than I suggested - obviously I want quoting an actual conversation from the developers - My point was I don't work for free, and I don't expect anyone else to. My business has different payments for different jobs (I am an independent contractor) I tend to choose the highest paying jobs for the least amount of work - who wouldn't? I certainly wouldn't turn down a raise, cost of living increase, bonus for signing up a new client, bonus because my boss was feeling generous or whatever. Wbu would I? And if one of the companies I contact to made their prices higher, resulting in a higher wage for me? Party time! You can bet I would take my family to a nice steak dinner - yes, even EVERY NIGHT, - and not be like "but boss! Think of the higher prices the people who pay us have to bear!"
    For those who said "I've paid hundreds to the company and I'm upset" you obviously weren't the people whose complaining upset me to start with. I think I was pretty clear that my issue is with the people who are proud to have never spent a dime and still expect a top tier experience. For those that don't have the money - we all make choices. Mine is to give money to game developers, yours might be to give money to Starbucks or Netflix or chick fillet. Or maybe you have no extra disposable income - I've been there. I've been on welfare and WIC and food stamps and I'm happy I'm in a situation where I'm not now and I have disposable income. But for those people who have none - you're right. You're not going to get an entertainment anymore for free. That sucks. It's also part of life. You aren't eating fillet mignon at dinner either. That also sucks. But do you tell the company who provides the fillet they need to give it for free to you because you can't afford it and how terrible it is that someone will actually pay for it?
    Yes, this model is new and different for this game. It's not new or different for gaming. This may very well be the future of the game - if you don't pay you don't get new content - but that's how people make money. They have an idea, create it, sell it. It's not horrible, it's business.
    For the people that went off on other tangents - I'm sure your customer experience has been terrible. But then I ask you, why stay?
    People are not demanding top tier gaming for free. They are wanting the simple thing of BASIC gaming (ie finishing a task) without having to spend money. Which, ya know, is kinda the point of playing a game that is advertised as FREE.
    I am not looking for new neighbours in Restaurant or Bakery Story. Please do not send invites.

Quote Originally Posted by lauraleighashby View Post
    Have you taken into consideration WHY people won't buy gems? Maybe their dishonest gem traps. Wait, for some, it IS exactly those...so it is by their own design, one easily fixed that many, including myself, refuse to buy. I would not expect to eat at a restaurant for free, nor would I expect them to whisk away half of my dinner while my head was turned. Or for the staff to not be accomodating.
    now that is the perfect analogy! Do you know how many times I have turned my head and had half my "dinner" wisked away by S8?!

I don't usually have more than 17 gems in my account at a time - that way most of the gem traps backfire. Too bad for me because after I make a gem purchase I need to spend them all right away...but that's better than getting them stolen.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by baker601 View Post
    I don't know why but I feel like when kooky gets back we are all gonna be in trouble.
    There are CM's already on here. Answering questions in the bugs section and other games. I seriously doubt no one has come to see this thread. The ones who hands out pink slips and red flags. Probably letting folks vent the way you do when a toddler throws a tantrum. Because if someone comes here with another excuse they will have the original farms tomatoes thrown at them.

Rhino Keeper
    I will not be more delighted even if S8 priced this decor 48 gems,
    The point is they should not forced us to use gems to complete goal, and to use gems to buy things that we don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE GOAL. GOAL PRIZE: PIE BAKERS DISPLAY WORTH 22 GEMS. 1 Free

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by baker601 View Post
    We should get an apology. That's what we should get and straight answers for once. I've lost neighbors and many others are just waiting to hear an explanation before they go for good. If they apologize maybe their loyal customers will stay. I've spent too much time and way too much money a month to put up with this nonsense. If I get banned big deal, I was a loyal customer but will not be treated in this manner. Bottom line, if they don't care, I don't care.

Rhino Keeper
    If their ideas and designs are good enough, people are willing to throw money in, even only buying pixels.
    I did buy gem packages and did spend them in decors I want.

TeamLava and Storm8 "Wow. We should make a bunch of cool games people like to play and give them for free. There would be some content people could purchase, so we could buy things like groceries and house payments, but for the most part, the game would be free. People are good and honest. If they really like our games, they'll throw us a couple bucks here and there and with the amount of players we'll have, each person could just throw us $2-$5 a month and we'll be fine with our jobs and keep delivering awesome content across multiple platforms and multiple games."

Players "We love these free games. I never buy gems. I never will buy gems. I hate that buying gems or losing gems or using gems is even an option. I hate the fact that the creators of the game don't spend all day every day online with me and my problems and on the site they created. I hate that new content doesn't come out faster. I hate that there were bugs in the new content they pushed faster. I hate that the creators of the games I love to play - and will NEVER pay for - aren't giving me more for free without any time to do it and with my constant complaining about them."

TeamLava and Storm8 "Hey man, can you pass the pizza? I haven't eaten yet today. The players refuse to buy gems. And they complain a LOT."
    "Sorry dude, can't give you any more pizza. It's gone. The players are online right now saying how proud they are they never buy gems. We're outta cash."
    "Man! I got a kid on the way. I'm going to have to stop messing around designing these games and go get a paying job over at Microsoft or somewhere."
    "Wait! Before you give up on these games completely. I've got an idea. Let's try a pay for play approach. If people actually want to play our games, maybe they'd be willing to pay for it before our lights turn off."

With the amount of complaining I'm reading here - I'm surprised they don't just can the games altogether and go get real jobs. You know, the kind that actually bring in money. I'm rather disgusted by how many of you are so darn PROUD that you've never bought gems. Do you go to restaurants and eat their food and not pay there either? You're talking about throwing the game designers - of a game you all readily admit you LIKE - $2.00 USD. That's it. $2.00 for a month's worth of entertainment. Get one less Redbox flick and throw the designers a bone so they can go out and have fun too. They may have started it for free, but obviously that wasn't working for them. Before you call them greedy and money grubbing, go through this thread and see how many of you are so HAPPY you've never paid them a dime for their hard work on this game. I've been playing on and off for years and I've paid for gems, I've bought stuff. I consider that the price of being able to actually play a game I like. Buy one less Starbucks and support the game development. I highly doubt the creators of these games are "rolling in the riches." Most likely they realized what everyone reading this thread is going to realize - the PLAYERS are skin flints who can't be bothered rewarding the creation of something they enjoy. The PLAYERS are greedy, gimme gimme, more more more toddlers who would rather go online and kvetch rather than support the artistic creation they want to take advantage of. No one is FORCING you to buy gems - heck, they give them for free just for downloading other games! - many of you have admitted you have hundreds of gems saved up and how dare they ask for them back. The goal content is not required to continue playing the game. Yes, if you are a higher level, the goals make it interesting and more fun to play. Is it not worth $2 a month? A MONTH. Not a day, not an hour, but a MONTH. Shoot, I pay $2 a month to just think about going to get a cup of coffee. New game content? They could charge me DOUBLE that and I'd still feel I was getting a deal. BTW, that $2 was based on the gems being NOT ON SALE, which as we know is only every other day as they are on sale all the darn time.
    I really thought everyone played like me, you like a game, you give the designers some money to continue getting great content. I didn't realize how petty and tight fisted players were. No wonder they are "Forcing" you to pay! You obviously weren't doing it on your own! The only ones who seem ok with the $2 are the people who were already paying anyway. Maybe there should just be a $5/month charge to pay - all content is then free - and the people who want to support the game will keep playing and the rest of you can go play Angry Birds or something.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by teammaggie View Post
    We should get an apology. That's what we should get and straight answers for once. I've lost neighbors and many others are just waiting to hear an explanation before they go for good. If they apologize maybe their loyal customers will stay. I've spent too much time and way too much money a month to put up with this nonsense. If I get banned big deal, I was a loyal customer but will not be treated in this manner. Bottom line, if they don't care, I don't care.
    Unfortunately the neighbors I've lost because of this stunt won't be back. No matter what TL-storm8 does.....which I think they've already done anyway. Nothing. Absolutely nothing just like every other time we've had any complaints.