Page 73 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by strictly_STRANGE View Post
    you should probably make that a thousand.
    Lol you're probably right,maybe they can splurge for some box Mac and cheese for dinner tonight then

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in this forum before, but it seems that I should intervene at this point.

I just want you to know that I've read every post in this whole thread and that I have passed on feedback about the issues of using gems to complete a goal that have been raised here. I also play Bakery (and have hundreds of neighbours as I've created the Add Me forum posts). I personally don't want to purchase gem deco at this time, so I will master the 2 recipes and pop my ovens into storage.

Remember it is a holiday for Independence Day and therefore the staff won't be online. Kooky is on vacation (dates are in her signature).

You all know the posting rules, I don't have to tell you or remind you, but I would ask that you please consider what you post from now on. It is ok to create a thread in the Off topic forum but there are still rules about what is appropriate to post.

I've been a constant viewer of this forum for a long time and there are plenty of awesome players who help others. That's what I think makes a forum great and keeps players posting.

I think it's important that you know that you've been heard. In Kooky's absence, if I can help you in any way, you only need ask.

Thanks all.... SW

Holiday weekend is long over...if we have been heard why has there been no explanation or statement made?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakerling View Post
    I HAVE COMPLETED THE GOAL. GOAL PRIZE: PIE BAKERS DISPLAY WORTH 22 GEMS. 1 Free

Attachment 21423
    Attachment 21424
    Attachment 21425
    Attachment 21426
    Attachment 21427
    Thank you for the info bakerling. I cant believe the nerve on these guys. First it costs you 42 gems to play the goals then if you want a second prize you have to pay 22 more gems? Will the surprises never end?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in this forum before, but it seems that I should intervene at this point.

I just want you to know that I've read every post in this whole thread and that I have passed on feedback about the issues of using gems to complete a goal that have been raised here. I also play Bakery (and have hundreds of neighbours as I've created the Add Me forum posts). I personally don't want to purchase gem deco at this time, so I will master the 2 recipes and pop my ovens into storage.

Remember it is a holiday for Independence Day and therefore the staff won't be online. Kooky is on vacation (dates are in her signature).

You all know the posting rules, I don't have to tell you or remind you, but I would ask that you please consider what you post from now on. It is ok to create a thread in the Off topic forum but there are still rules about what is appropriate to post.

I've been a constant viewer of this forum for a long time and there are plenty of awesome players who help others. That's what I think makes a forum great and keeps players posting.

I think it's important that you know that you've been heard. In Kooky's absence, if I can help you in any way, you only need ask.

Thanks all.... SW

Players complaints towards the "complete goal with gems" stunt IS on topic with THIS thread! No need to start an off topic one. They have every right to rant about it here under this thread since it has to do with is set of current goals. If they don't like what they read then they should change their business ethics.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa2k View Post
    Has anyone finished goals wouldn't it be funny if it turned out you got 100 gems for doing it.I know it won't happen but it would be funny if these were old goals like from Christmas 3 years ago I would have gladly done them. I will miss not having another appliance I could master.
    The goals have been finished and you do not get any gems. Would be cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Personally if it were my company. Once a quarter I would reward those who BUY gems. I would give the players who BUY gems an exclusive decor item or oven. Something that can't be bought with coins or gems.
    Team Lava used to offer occasional gift with purchase long before I started playing. I think S8 should bring back this gift with purchase type promotion. That would be ingenuity and creativity. That would honor the whole free game with optional in app purchase model that they are so badly failing at right now. I really want to know if this is an identity crisis or is it shady? Where is someone from S8 to address this?! I am holding off on rating and commenting on the app store for now.
    Last edited by myferngardens; 07-06-15 at 03:36 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by aishaibrahims View Post
    lol! iv been eating steak dinners here for years, but dont mind paying coz i always get free sides and service with a smile! this week however they didnt cook my meat right, charged me for sides and the customer service was atrocious! i aint eating here again and your getting **** feedback so i can vent my anger/disappointment before i find a new place to eat! i understand your post was aimed at non gem buyers, im just joining in with the funny!
    Your analogy was hilarious and spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by strictly_STRANGE View Post
    am I the only one confused here?

what exactly is this person even blabbering about?

GIMME A FRICKIN' BREAK!

after everything that's been posted here & discussed for the past almost week now, obviously this person just jumped right in without even doing the slightest bit of research.

talking about S8 like you know absolutely nothing about them which leads me to believe that you in fact haven't done your research to see for yourself how much money is actually floating around & how they are basically living in luxury over at S8 headquarters.

also, it would take a long time to run out of cash if they're able to make one million dollars in one day.

just considering the amount of people who play S8 games on a daily basis, something like 10 million+ people, you think that every single person would be willing to pay money regularly to play these games? just because some are does not mean every player is willing to do the same, plus imagine how much money they would be earning then which would only make people even more outraged than they already are if they decided to continue to pull stunts like this current one.

there's been plenty of people on this forum who have admitted to spending hundreds even THOUSANDS of dollars alone so if that's just one person, imagine how much money they bring in annually.

S8 bragged about making ONE MILLION dollars in ONE DAY when in app purchases first became available on android platforms.

if you did your research, you would see for yourself how many people play S8 games daily & if you take into consideration how many people on these forums alone have openly admitted to spending wads of cash on these games then you would probably understand that they don't desperately need money by any means.

they are getting greedier & sketchier with their gaming tactics, it's as simple as that & THAT is why people are unhappy, not simply because a goal requires gems.

people who spend their hard earned money on a game at their own pleasure feel taken advantage of when they have no choice but to use gems if they want to complete a goal that's otherwise been known to us as a regular part of play with bakery story, it's almost like charging us to log in to play in the first place.

for example, I keep about 100 neighbors on my bakeries & most of which spend an excessive amount of real money on gems & such to pimp their bakeries out at their own pleasure, on their own time.

there are so many good points to be made in this thread if you actually read through before chiming in about absolute nonsense, like, that post holds no water whatsoever.

but I'm sure the question on everyone's mind right now is where in the world did $2 come from? if S8 continued doing goals like this then players would need at least $10 a month to complete them.
    Very well spoken. I am glad I didnt have to take the time and energy to break it all down. It is clear that the original poster does not realize that the business model S8 claims to operate on does not depend on everyone pitching in 2 bucks in order to keep the lights on and the employees supplied with porridge rations.
    The problem here is S8 (by charging gems for basic game function) is trying to double dip and won't have the decency to explain.
    Last edited by myferngardens; 07-06-15 at 03:58 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    And where are you getting these $2 gems from? Even on sale the lowest pack is twice that. Should I keep an eye out?
    Exactly! $2? Even with the "sale" the lowest I've seen is $3.99!! & they want us to pay $10 to play the goals..6.99 if you buy the gems during a sale!! For real lady,( the one defending s8) you need to do some research. If you don't know the prices of the packages you must not be buying.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by esleyoga View Post
    TL;DR - You need to stop complaining and either pay for the game or there will be no game because game designers need to eat too.
    Have you taken into consideration WHY people won't buy gems? Maybe their dishonest gem traps. Wait, for some, it IS exactly those...so it is by their own design, one easily fixed that many, including myself, refuse to buy. I would not expect to eat at a restaurant for free, nor would I expect them to whisk away half of my dinner while my head was turned. Or for the staff to not be accomodating.
    Last edited by lauraleighashby; 07-06-15 at 04:41 PM.