Page 51 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Your post made me lol about the muffler shop and dentist.
    Me too!!!

no, that's us..
    Last edited by arsetscientia; 07-20-15 at 09:07 AM.

I am with you! I have been playing since 2012. Enjoy the game and the neighbors. I like the goals because you get gems when you bake and can save them for something you really want. Disappointed that now you must use gems to get gems! Not sure I want to continue with this game after three years! I will NOT finish this goal!
    Last edited by mollysdoilies; 07-03-15 at 03:45 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by baker601 View Post
    If we want this game to continue we need to help them.
    they are not hurting for money!!
    this is your run of the mill corporate business trying to squeeze out more and more. you know.....like chicken farmers being forced to not let the chickens outside or have any sunlight but be squeezed tightly and be sick...or those cows that can hardly walk. just for extra profits (and in these examples lower end customer price)
    thats the disgusting part!!!

Farm Supplier
    Just adding a quick note ....I am now losing great neighbours because of this :-(. A really lovely long term neighbour of mine quit as she doesn't want to pay for goals...cleared her bakery, said her goodbyes and done.

I am sad to lose neighbours and it seems so silly of Storm 8.

Long term players who do buy gems for decor and boxes are quittting!! Hello - this is not a great revenue raiser!

I know in my case the goals keep me interested, the goals keep me logging on everyday. I like to stock pile parts to decorate my bakery & get ready for the next goals. I happily buy gems - I happily spend them on decor and boxes but I will not spend them on goals. For me the goals are part of the free game - I signed up for a free game with add ons I could elect to pay for. And I do elect to pay for the add ons - happy to do so. But the goals are what keeps the game ticking over. As a comparison another free game with add ons is Candy Crush now they just added new levels they are now offering 1025 levels. Bakery Story does not add new levels but it offers goals. You cant expect long term players to keep playing if new goals or levels are not offered that are free.

Anyway if its not fun anymore and paying for goals is not fun ...then well it is just a game that I will not play anymore. Also now I am sort of feeling a bit of remorse that I spent so much money on my bakery if there is not a fun reason to keep logging on.

Anyway I am hoping Storm listens and changes things as I like being a daily player (2yrs so far) but we'll see what happens & I hope this is not the beginning of the end of the game for me.

I did have some money to spend on gems this week but I spent it on Rising Super Chef instead of Bakery Story ...Super Chef offers 348 lvls. Just sayin is all.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    they are not hurting for money!!
    this is your run of the mill corporate business trying to squeeze out more and more. you know.....like chicken farmers being forced to not let the chickens outside or have any sunlight but be squeezed tightly and be sick...or those cows that can hardly walk. just for extra profits (and in these examples lower end customer price)
    thats the disgusting part!!!
    I feel nieve for even saying this. But I never knew they were THAT BIG. :/

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by baker601 View Post
    I feel nieve for even saying this. But I never knew they were THAT BIG. :/
    dont think they're actually 'big' . just....plenty of cash going around.
    maybe we should send some forum screenshots to them. ...active on twitter etc. the ex zynga guy.

I love your idea on the red, white and blue drinks!! I hope TL is listening! 😃

Many people have brought up great points about why this action on the part of TL Bakery Story is wrong and I certainly agree with the majority of what has been said by many very well spoken and reasonable people! However, I'd like to add a point I haven't seen (tho I will admit to not reading thru each of the 57 pages and counting)
    And that point is, I know there are many poor families, disabled people, the elderly and others who live difficult lives that play this game and they can ill afford to spend real money on what is supposedly a "FREE" game. They count, and this action hurts them!

Secondly, one of the really lovely things about this game is that it is a game of reciprocity and neighborliness (is that a word? =) It teaches people to support one another..it builds community and in this day and age THAT'S A VERY GOOD THING! There is no race, no class, no age, no names, no degrees, no family....just people getting to know each other..sharing jokes, bits of their lives, inspirational thoughts..or just a simple t6. (Ok, I know not everyone has learned these kind ways but 99% I know have!)

Please TL/S8 ...see what you have here! Take the high road. Find creative, new ways to serve and connect with your fan base. They will love you for it and loyally play the game for years and those who can will happily spend loads of money on gems....this is the pathway to success!

***** PLEASE DO NOT SEND NBR REQUEST...I AM FULL****** THANK YOU ! =)
    Last edited by lun1derful; 07-04-15 at 07:22 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Not doing this goal either. Unlocked two recipes of the first oven and that's it - definetely not gonna spend gems on this. That's just ridiculous. And I actually like the Judge's Table display even more than the final prize, lol. I mean look at that pink-haired girl! She's so cute! Too bad I'd need to spend gems to get it as well..