Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    People have a right to get angry over whatever they like. Being condescending usually doesn't help, just my opinion.
    What she wrote wasn't condescending at all. She was putting things in perspective - an ability that many here seem to have lost somewhere along the line.

I understand the annoyance at the need to use gems to complete these goals because it's not how it's typically done, but you have the option to skip the goals just like you have the option not to buy gem expensive LTO's or deco. I do think it would be nice if the fact that there is going to be a gem cost to complete the goals was stated up front before you start on the goals. That would mean you go into it knowing what it will cost and that would make it no different than opting to buy a premium deco for gems. It would be exclusive content for players willing to pay for it with freely earned gems or gems purchased with real money. I think the "surprise" aspect of the whole thing is the only part that is unfair about the current goals. People should know what they're opting into when they start the goals (but when has TL or S8 ever cared about that? Gem confirmation button anyone?)

All in all TL has been using BS as a platform to try out new revenue models for a while now so this shouldn't even be surprising. The only way to show them this doesn't work it to not participate, and even then, it doesn't mean they'll change it. It's a game; if I don't enjoy it anymore, I can play a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    So I received an offer today to download a new game for gems. I have received 12 gems already and will give the game to my son and let him get me to level 7 for 3 more in the car. TL gives us the opportunity to earn free gems all the time. They can take that away and just give coins for level 2 and 4 mastery and truly make you buy all gems. But instead they give us multiple chances to get them free. I know I'm in the minority here but I am looking at it from the pure mathematical standpoint. What had me paying 9 out of pocket, I now am 3 in the positive by downloading a game which I'll delete after I get my gems from it.

There is a ton of free/coin stuff in this game - you can't expect to play and get it all for free (this is a for profit company). Sometimes goals cost gems (we've seem it in the past), sometimes coins. Sometimes we get cool decor for gems, sometimes for coins. You can go as far as you want for free, they haven't changed that. Just because we've gotten used to all ovens and goals costing coins for so long doesn't mean TL can't mix it up now and then. Some people have stuff I can't get because I took a long break in the game, some people want stuff I have but they weren't around back then. It's just how it works.

If TL would just stop with the mystery box pop-ups and gem traps then I'd have no complaints at all on how they run their business/game.

I know I'm in the minority here..............
    another problem with this logic is that RS, BS, yadda, yadda, yadda are free to play apps, which means the one thing you should not be charging for is in game play, which basically comes down to one thing... GOALS. idk about other people, but i have a full time job and all these optional downloads to play other games for gems doesnt even register on my, and many other peoples radar. i, along with a whole hoard of people, buy my gems with cold hard cash that i have to work for every day and the one thing im not going to spend money on when it comes to a free to play app... is the FREE TO PLAY GAME, WHICH MEANS GOALS!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by teammaggie View Post

I'm actually glad they pushed the limits again because I kept thinking it will get better and now I am content on the fact that it's over for me and my wallet lol.

I've was thinking the same thing! I think this is just the way the game is going to be run which just isn't a style that suits me.

So, to S8/teamlava, while I hope you rethink your new business plans for the players who stick around, for myself I'll just say thank you for the wonderful year of baking that I did have!

And thank you to my wonderful neighbors and forum buddies!

I have now officially closed my bakery

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MizCricket View Post
    What she wrote wasn't condescending at all. She was putting things in perspective - an ability that many here seem to have lost somewhere along the line.
    You're certainly entitled to see it as perspective.
    I see it as not helpful to tell people what is anger worthy and what is not anger worthy.
    I think if this is an event that upsets someone and they are not breaking forum guidelines than they should not be made to feel silly for expressing and venting about it. Imho.
    Last edited by deekathleen; 07-03-15 at 08:06 AM.

Executive Chef
    I'm bored. I've read through 14 pages of comments and cannot find out the main problem. A neighbor wrote on my wall not to finish the goals because we have to pay gems. Where? That's very dumb. I haven't gotten through the first pie because I'm waiting to build 15 ovens first.

I recall during the Olympics goals, before android got them, that you had to purchase the fountain. And for the music goals, we had to purchase the violin player if I'm not mistaken. I wanted all the musicians so I went ahead and did it, but if we need 40 gems to finish this one, they're out of their minds. I've willingly spent thousands on my bakeries, but I do NOT like anything so much to be tricked into purchases. I haven't gotten that stupid 5 gem oven. And Never will. $9.99 for a display that's not even that cute, plus 40 gems isn't worth the price. Now I did buy the bagel shop bundle. To ME that was worth it's price in gems.

I'll try to go back even further to read, wasn't going to turn with such rampant irritants but I need to see what's going on. I don't know if comments are being removed or not, but if you haven't PLEASE visit their BLOG. Blog.storm8.com.

On there they tell you all the new people they have hired. Even old executives from Zygna. Now I never played any of their games but did see how popular they used to be. And from what I've heard they ran the company to the ground with outrageous prices. Based on what I've read about their games and other games I play, the watch videos for gems, the money instead of gem costing bundles, gem ovens, etc, are very typical.

On one game similar to bakery and restaurant we have speciality ovens every month. I just bought a 4th of July oven for 270 gems. I do this because a typical gem package costs about the same as on storm8 games. BUT every month there is a "special sale" that pops up....like 500 gems for $1.99. Storm8 will never do that. But they are giving us some prices similar to those games.

It sucks because I've been playing for years. But I'd rather whip out all my old ovens I'm still mastering and just play to see hello to peeps and decorate my shop, then let a once near perfect game turn into a total money grab. We gave them enough money. They just have not too many smart new people working for them.

Now go frequent their blog. Before this comment is removed!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyEna View Post
    Still waiting for a BS2 to come out. It will be like RS2, heavy gem spending to get
    Deco, etc.

This goal is for spenders and the lucky selective ones that got gems for free last few days.
    If you have the original farm story you can check it now. On there, in he spot where they show games you can download for gems, there are two new games. One of them is a bakery game with a restaurant story 2 format. Now when I checked it out on android, it was under a different name and different company. When you check the website, it doesn't work. The company shows nothing. But the other game was similar to those gem and balloons games they have.

If this isn't intended as a new bakery story 2, why does the pics of it show up under a storm8 game? From the pics I saw it looked cute. But with so many Changes, you just don't know what it all means. I do know RS2 is coming to android. Well it is, but only in certain countries at the moment.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    A neighbor wrote on my wall not to finish the goals because we have to pay gems. Where?
    The minute you finish the first pie recipe, the next step is to bake peanut butter pies and purchase a pie table for 10 gems or use gems to skip it. Next comes a step were you have to purchase four tables for 2 gems each, or use gems to skip it. Then you have to purchase two popcorn buckets for 12 gems each, or use gems to skip that as well.

So that is 42 gems in total without skipping any steps. More if you use gems to skip those steps, probably.

Executive Chef
    Gem Cost for goals that I am aware of:

Pie Table Display - 10
    4 Chairs @ 2 each - 8
    2 Popcorn @ 12 each - 24

I found this in the post showing the updates for you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by jandtandn View Post
    The minute you finish the first pie recipe, the next step is to bake peanut butter pies and purchase a pie table for 10 gems or use gems to skip it. Next comes a step were you have to purchase four tables for 2 gems each, or use gems to skip it. Then you have to purchase two popcorn buckets for 12 gems each, or use gems to skip that as well.

So that is 42 gems in total without skipping any steps. More if you use gems to skip those steps, probably.
    Thank you, for explaining! I just bought a bunch of ovens. I'm not about to ask for 20+ parts to make one recipe. So ill just cut my losses and sell them all. It's absurd. For once I'll finish a RS goal first.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by deekathleen View Post
    Gem Cost for goals that I am aware of:

Pie Table Display - 10
    4 Chairs @ 2 each - 8
    2 Popcorn @ 12 each - 24

I found this in the post showing the updates for you.

Thank you! And they're ugly at that. I have no less than 10 neighbors posting about not doing the goals for the first time. And they don't seem to be ashamed of themselves.