Page 45 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

I have lost four neighbors in the last 24 hours because if this gem nonsense. I am extremely genuinely disappointed in storm8 for this wretched betrayal. I feel my loyalty to storm8 dissolving as I write this. I will never use gems to complete a goal. Never. Not under any circumstances. I feel like I just found out that my boyfriend has been *****ing on me. I have removed all decorative items, all tiles and all wallpaper in protest. If this isn't corrected in a timely manner I do believe I will abandon my bakery as well as all other storm8 games. Seriously disappointed in you storm8 goofballs.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyknuckle View Post
    I feel my loyalty to storm8 dissolving as I write this.
    my life advice: you should never feel loyalty to a company! its misplaced. sometimes its hard....but.....unless you are actively involved cause of job...and even then you need to carefully weigh your options/opportunities and risk. ^^

Fashion Designer
    There's quite a few people saying that gems have been used for goals in the past. Well it was wrong in the past and it's wrong now! It's like a thief going to court for breaking and entering. It's not a good defence to say it's ok, he's done it in the past. Same thing. It was wrong then and it's wrong now.
    Not accepting new neighbours in bakery story at the moment. Thank you.

Farm Supplier
    Has anyone finished yet? I'm really curious to see if the grand prize contains something more amazing than usual to compensate for having to spend gems. In my mind it would have to be something pretty incredible to make up for it - maybe like 150-200 gems and say 4 picks of any piece of removed decor or ovens that we like!!! I know that's not likely but it's got to be something better than usual otherwise really what's the point?

Also, I would add that even if the prize is amazing I don't think it's ok to make us use gems for goals.
    Last edited by GGGStar; 07-03-15 at 05:45 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    but I am looking at it from the pure mathematical standpoint.
    true, but without the option of earning gems without paying, many people would easily be deterred from playing the game leaving them a way smaller player base without whom they cant achieve some of their 'targets'.
    one hand washes the other as i see it.

and from a mathematical standpoint,
    they are asking up to 70gems for some decorations. thats over 50 bucks! for that sort of money you can buy a complete console or PC game. to be able to participate in this monthly goal they are asking as much money as a complete game costs. from a mathematical viewpoint you are getting terrible value for your money on this game!
    i agree that you should support, in what you participate, but seeing as some games you can get for 20 - 40 bucks (newer games more) and can play hundreds of hours on........ paying them these sums every month for goals, ovens and deco is a bad investment.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGStar View Post
    Has anyone finished yet? I'm really curious to see if the grand prize contains something more amazing than usual to compensate for having to spend gems. In my mind it would have to be something pretty incredible to make up for it - maybe like 150-200 gems and say 4 picks of any piece of removed decor or ovens that we like!!! I know that's not likely but it's got to be something better than usual otherwise really what's the point?
    It was posted in the goal thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1136490

New Resident
    I'm really upset that we now have to use gems to complete goals, I play for FUN like most other people and think this is very unfair!

New Resident
    You guys, it's a game. I'm very sad for all of you that have allowed a game to make you so unbelievably angry. I can understand a little disappointment maybe, but the venomous anger has me baffled.
    No one is forcing you to buy gems. You still get to play a free game without any ads- you just might miss out on a solitary goal.
    Do not let this ruin your day; I'm sure the real people in your life would appreciate it. Save that hate for child abusers or terrorists.
    Now, go put on a happy face and enjoy your day

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperWoo View Post
    Wow, thanks Pepper. There is really nothing amazing about that prize at all

Executive Chef
    Q
    Quote Originally Posted by pieandcream View Post
    true, but without the option of earning gems without paying, many people would easily be deterred from playing the game leaving them a way smaller player base without whom they cant achieve some of their 'targets'.
    one hand washes the other as i see it.

and from a mathematical standpoint,
    they are asking up to 70gems for some decorations. thats over 50 bucks! for that sort of money you can buy a complete console or PC game. to be able to participate in this monthly goal they are asking as much money as a complete game costs. from a mathematical viewpoint you are getting terrible value for your money on this game!
    i agree that you should support, in what you participate, but seeing as some games you can get for 20 - 40 bucks (newer games more) and can play hundreds of hours on........ paying them these sums every month for goals, ovens and deco is a bad investment.
    See I don't like or want to play console games, don't want them in the house. I look at going to the bar each weekend and downing $25 with of drinks a bad investment in life/money but lots of people still do it. In that same way, I use my disposable income on things I do for fun (like this) and if I leave and pack up my chairs, I won't have regretted the purchase because I was having fun along the way. In no way do I look at this like an investment, it's not, companies come and go all the time. I look at it as fun and determine how much money I want to spend on fun.