Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update: July 1st 2015

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    They don't control the internet but we usually have a link to their rules shown. Meaning they reserve the right to remove comments they feel are against the rules and defamatory to their workers in office. We can't comments on them. We can't be harsh. We cannot be rude. The mods are allowed to determined what's worth removing. Basically it's their forums so we can't just write what we want. But many of us did. Because we feel to give respect, at least give a little in return. Just a tiny little bit.
    On their forums, yes, but the other poster wrote that they have bots that scour websites looking for comments deemed hostile. They ask the servers to shut them down. That's just wrong. You cannot usurp a persons right to free speech. There are many places to express your opinions about your experiences with this game, the moderators and the company. This company owns this forum. They do not own Google, Bing, and other search engines. They can remove your comments on this forum but you can post other places.

Quote Originally Posted by orleansparish View Post
    Some moderators are involved and are ok with saying if something is difficult or doesn't make sense. They will disagree respectfully while also keeping order within the boards. For instance, on fashion the mod...Iris..would say if she thinks a release is underwhelming, if a catalog isn't decent or is bland, if she thinks something doesn't make sense to the season. She's opinionated. But at the same time, when rowdiness came to the fashion forum she told folks to calm down and removed offensive posts. Now on bakery and restaurant we don't get that.

In the early days we had tons of players who were mods and helpful. Now..not so much. They even had a context to choose one from amongst posters. They're now gone. I wish they'd consider that again. And actually pay attention the the comments, questions and complaints the kids sent their way. It's really not that hard.
    I agree with that. I've been playing since 2010 but I think I've finally reached my limit. The newer games are a total money grab. They lack soul and are poorly executed. This game was charming and fun, reaching out to people across oceans to form friendships that never would have been had it not been for your "personalized" bakery. The number of players have dropped significantly and the changes are discouraging to newer players.

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in this forum before, but it seems that I should intervene at this point.

I just want you to know that I've read every post in this whole thread and that I have passed on feedback about the issues of using gems to complete a goal that have been raised here. I also play Bakery (and have hundreds of neighbours as I've created the Add Me forum posts). I personally don't want to purchase gem deco at this time, so I will master the 2 recipes and pop my ovens into storage.

Remember it is a holiday for Independence Day and therefore the staff won't be online. Kooky is on vacation (dates are in her signature).

You all know the posting rules, I don't have to tell you or remind you, but I would ask that you please consider what you post from now on. It is ok to create a thread in the Off topic forum but there are still rules about what is appropriate to post.

I've been a constant viewer of this forum for a long time and there are plenty of awesome players who help others. That's what I think makes a forum great and keeps players posting.

I think it's important that you know that you've been heard. In Kooky's absence, if I can help you in any way, you only need ask.

Thanks all.... SW

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefKK1 View Post
    On their forums, yes, but the other poster wrote that they have bots that scour websites looking for comments deemed hostile. They ask the servers to shut them down. That's just wrong. You cannot usurp a persons right to free speech. There are many places to express your opinions about your experiences with this game, the moderators and the company. This company owns this forum. They do not own Google, Bing, and other search engines. They can remove your comments on this forum but you can post other places.
    Re-read my post. I did not say bots are scouring websites looking for hostile posts.
    I said they photograph websites and collect info from the sites, I uploaded a screenshot of part of this thread to show that.
    If there was'nt bots crawling the internet ppl would have to enter urls to find a site, online shop etc, search engines would have no info at all lol!

Google your username, see what you come up with

Host(ess)
    Just incase anyone is wondering, bots do not take info from inboxes

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Hi everyone. I don't think I've ever posted in this forum before, but it seems that I should intervene at this point.

I just want you to know that I've read every post in this whole thread and that I have passed on feedback about the issues of using gems to complete a goal that have been raised here. I also play Bakery (and have hundreds of neighbours as I've created the Add Me forum posts). I personally don't want to purchase gem deco at this time, so I will master the 2 recipes and pop my ovens into storage.

Remember it is a holiday for Independence Day and therefore the staff won't be online. Kooky is on vacation (dates are in her signature).

You all know the posting rules, I don't have to tell you or remind you, but I would ask that you please consider what you post from now on. It is ok to create a thread in the Off topic forum but there are still rules about what is appropriate to post.

I've been a constant viewer of this forum for a long time and there are plenty of awesome players who help others. That's what I think makes a forum great and keeps players posting.

I think it's important that you know that you've been heard. In Kooky's absence, if I can help you in any way, you only need ask.

Thanks all.... SW

Ok hon, point taken hagd

Fashion Designer
    I put out the pie table, out of curiosity, and accidentally double clicked...now I own it...grrrrr. It unlocked the third recipe, so,keeping the frame of mind that I will earn six gems, so in the long run, only really cost me four.
    While I really like the item, and probably would have willingly bought it for ten gems IF it had not been a goal requirement. I guess now it will be assumed that I am willing to pay gems for goals. Oh well, sorry all. Be assured, I won't be checking out the popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post

Thanks all.... SW

Im not sure i understand the purpose of this post, we've already had a moderator tell us we've been heard and they'll take our complaints into consideration moving into THE FUTURE. which basically means they're going to let this goal for gems scam play out and see how profitable it is before making any decisions about how to proceed, but they're not going to do anything about the current fiasco.

Is your purpose to be helpful as a fellow poster and remind posters to keep it on topic? Or to address the freedom of speech on private vs. public forums? I'm not getting this.

What is your purpose in posting here, where you've never posted before?

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks SpiritWind I am sure that many people in and out of the management chain are concerned, as are the players. No doubt the next "scrum" discussion by the team will be a long one. I am not playing BS at the moment, just keeping things ticking over.

I am playing Township, it's really good, fun and challenging. I had a problem and the game has a direct link for help and within an hour it was solved. It has a confirmation button you can switch on or off, and when there was an error it was put right quickly and an apology posted on the game with compensation. There is a lot S8 can learn from this high level of customer interest.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbadjujubee View Post
    Im not sure i understand the purpose of this post, we've already had a moderator tell us we've been heard and they'll take our complaints into consideration moving into THE FUTURE. which basically means they're going to let this goal for gems scam play out and see how profitable it is before making any decisions about how to proceed, but they're not going to do anything about the current fiasco.

Is your purpose to be helpful as a fellow poster and remind posters to keep it on topic? Or to address the freedom of speech on private vs. public forums? I'm not getting this.

What is your purpose in posting here, where you've never posted before?
    I believe she is a mod for another game. Check her profile it says mod at the top.
    I believe she was just telling us to stop nicely.