Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Penguin Peak - new levels

Farm Supplier
    I am so terribly stuck at stage 186. For anyone's that's passed it: any advice you can offer?

Thanks, in advance!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by horstclan View Post
    I am so terribly stuck at stage 186. For anyone's that's passed it: any advice you can offer?

Thanks, in advance!
    The most important thing is to take out the arrows ASAP. Since there is one each of Blue, green, yellow and red, it helps if you have a pal that removes them in another color. I have a purple one, so I used that. I also look at the layout, and wait until I get a good layout to start. (as long as you make no moves, you can back out with pause, then the far left button).
    I'm trying for 3 stars, so here is the lineup and layout I just used. *note that since I chose a yellow arrow pal also, I waited for a layout that allowed me to get rid of yellow arrow immediately*.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	21241

Views:	59 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	21242

Good Luck! Annie
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

What's the secret for level 162 and how do I do it? Finally figured out all 4 diamonds have to be blinking and then the number required Decreases by one To destroy the arch but I've never cleared all four diamonds. I can clear the rest If I focus on them but never get all the diamonds then. Sighsssss

I presume the rest of the game loads after I've finished this level?

Can someone share the how to on this level? Please....

Rhino Keeper

Stage 162 team

Quote Originally Posted by louiseb1217 View Post
    What's the secret for level 162 and how do I do it? Finally figured out all 4 diamonds have to be blinking and then the number required Decreases by one To destroy the arch but I've never cleared all four diamonds. I can clear the rest If I focus on them but never get all the diamonds then. Sighsssss

I presume the rest of the game loads after I've finished this level?

Can someone share the how to on this level? Please....
    here is the team I used but can't remember any strategy tips - sorry but I have horrible memory issues. Maybe at least seeing the team I used will help in some small way.

i am not sure what you mean about the rest of the game loading after stage 162 is cleared. While you won't be able to play them until each respective previous stage is completed, about a week ago the next area of the game, Penguins Peak was added and just today the area after that was added, so you should be able to see those new areas in your game.

Good luck my friend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	52 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	21298   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	20 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	21301  

Rhino Keeper
    Does anybody have a hint for me to defeat Lucien at the end of Penguin Peak? ARGH! LOL. I want to get past him so badly so I can start playing the newest stages. Thanks in advance!

Executive Chef
    Here is the team I used; it says previous level because after I beat Lucien, I went to previous level to take pic of pals. It won't let you go back in after defeating Lucien. If you can post a pic of that level, I might be able to help more. I don't remember it. Annie

Views:	111 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	21330
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    Here is the team I used; it says previous level because after I beat Lucien, I went to previous level to take pic of pals. It won't let you go back in after defeating Lucien. If you can post a pic of that level, I might be able to help more. I don't remember it. Annie

Views:	111 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	21330
    Thank you Annie! As usual once I reach out for help I go back and figure out a way to clear the stage. This was the case with Lucian as well but I do appreciate your support!! Thank you Annie! As usual once I reach out for help I go back and figure out a way to clear the stage. This was the case with Lucian as well but I do appreciate your reply.

I I also want to compliment you on the way you take the time and go into the details that you do to help so many other players. I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say "thank you" for your support.

BTW here is the team that I ended up being successful with to defeat Lucien on this stage:

Views:	72 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	21377 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	42 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	21378

Rhino Keeper
    Great job yorkeme. And good luck with future levels. And that is a nice collection of pals you used. Only have two of them myself.

How is progress so far?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xanethi View Post
    Great job yorkeme. And good luck with future levels. And that is a nice collection of pals you used. Only have two of them myself.

How is progress so far?
    Thanks. As I have admitted here in other threads some of my collection is from buying gold to buy keys. I am home bound most of the time and this is the only game I play besides Dice with Buddies so I play a lot. I did get a fair amount of my puzzle pals from working at getting 3 stars on stages of the game as well.

My progress is.... I am currently STUCK on stage 197 playing at power level 37. Been working on it for 2 days now. LOL.

I really enjoy the strategy involved in choosing the team to play with and then making the right combination of moves to defeat the stages of the game. I must say that I am a wee bit perturbed at Storm8 for their scoring credit technique. For example, when you are playing a stage where you are defeating the monsters and when there is more than one to battle against, once the first or current monster's life level reaches zero but gems are still matching from a chain reaction, the points keep hitting the monster with a zero life level instead of moving to the next monster and using those points for the next monster. I do see "some" points hit the next monster but it should be way more in this scenario at least. Also, I don't like that when you hit the target number of gem matches for your pal to attack, any gems over the target are not counted for your next attack, but instead the puzzle pal goes back to the starting line with zero gems credited towards the next attack. Please don't misunderstand me - I LOVE that the game is challenging but I also want it to be fair. Especially in light of the fact that it takes an hour to get one game play life restored, that 5 lives are the max, that there are no built in tasks that can earn gold instead of buying it, that it costs 44 gold bars for 5 more turns but you can get 5 more lives for 32 bars of gold. Yikes, sorry my friend, I had to get that off my chest and it is NOT directed at you. Please forgive me for venting in my reply to such a nice post from you. I love hearing from you so keep me posted and keep in touch. Good luck and have fun! Emily

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xanethi View Post

How is progress so far?
    . I meant to post this picture with my last post. I'm not bragging because I did buy some of these bit here is a screen shot of the pals I don't have yet. After clearing Tiki Temple Trail I will go back to work on my 3 stars for the stages where I came up short.

Views:	113 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	21386

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast