Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: JUST LOST my WHOLE inventory

  1. #1

    JUST LOST my WHOLE inventory

    Excuse me but I just stocked up my store to the fullest it had ever been and it took me a few days until I was happy with it. Now I just suddenly lost everything in it! The customers were walking in, 'disappointed' immediately...I zoomed out and saw that everything is GONE! WOW. Please fix back to how it was. It sure won't make me look good to my neighbours either. Thanks! ..

    EDIT:
    Device: happening on 2: iOS tablet AND Android phone
    Game version: iOS (1.5.4), Android (1.5.6.7)
    Last edited by butterfly_25; 06-20-15 at 02:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Emailed support but don't know when I will get help - it is Sunday and they are experiencing "high volume". Anyone?

  3. #3
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post
    Excuse me but I just stocked up my store to the fullest it had ever been and it took me a few days until I was happy with it. Now I just suddenly lost everything in it! The customers were walking in, 'disappointed' immediately...I zoomed out and saw that everything is GONE! WOW. Please fix back to how it was. It sure won't make me look good to my neighbours either. Thanks! ..

    EDIT:
    Device: happening on 2: iOS tablet AND Android phone
    Game version: iOS (1.5.4), Android (1.5.6.7)
    Did you have your door blocked while you were stocking up? I read that if you do that, sometimes you will get rushed when you open your door back up and everything quick sells.

  4. #4
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post
    Excuse me but I just stocked up my store to the fullest it had ever been and it took me a few days until I was happy with it. Now I just suddenly lost everything in it! The customers were walking in, 'disappointed' immediately...I zoomed out and saw that everything is GONE! WOW. Please fix back to how it was. It sure won't make me look good to my neighbours either. Thanks! ..

    EDIT:
    Device: happening on 2: iOS tablet AND Android phone
    Game version: iOS (1.5.4), Android (1.5.6.7)
    Hey there! Sorry to hear that! I've taken a look at your account and it seems like you've blocked your door. Kindly note that blocking the door is not intended gameplay.


    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

    If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

  5. #5

    Question Same thing happened to me

    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_25 View Post
    Emailed support but don't know when I will get help - it is Sunday and they are experiencing "high volume". Anyone?
    Had the same thing happen and sent a message to technical support just a few minutes ago. Decided to check the forums and came upon your post and the reply to it. I guess I had a "quick sell" too and will probably have to replace my inventory (if I even continue with the game). I have been considering whether I want to keep playing this and other TeamLava/Storm8 games and am figuring it may not be worth the headache. Thanks for your post and I wish you luck in whatever games you play.

  6. #6
    This has been happening to me just this week! I've been playing this game for YEARS and always block my door EVERY NIGHT and have never ever had any issues! Now this week it's happened 3 times and it's really frustrating! Why can't we shut/lock our doors at night? That should be a feature since sometimes it's hard to keep up with filling the store...if I keep it open all night it all sells out and can't keep it stocked. Sucks.

  7. #7
    The Honorable Panda
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    S8 FORUM
    Posts
    51,964
    Quote Originally Posted by kaedysmommy View Post
    This has been happening to me just this week! I've been playing this game for YEARS and always block my door EVERY NIGHT and have never ever had any issues! Now this week it's happened 3 times and it's really frustrating! Why can't we shut/lock our doors at night? That should be a feature since sometimes it's hard to keep up with filling the store...if I keep it open all night it all sells out and can't keep it stocked. Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaojinWildfire View Post
    The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

    If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.
    see post 4
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

    Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

    Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    see post 4
    Thanks for getting to my post so quickly, I do appreciate it! I do understand how it works with blocking the door causing the flash sell BUT my point is I've played this game literally every single day for several years and every single night I have always closed my door...I've never had the issue of selling out my store, ever! But this week it continues to happen. I guess I find it strange that it's never happened all these years until now. I will definitely not shut my door anymore but I do wish that we could lock our door at night, it helps keep my store stocked...

  9. #9
    Executive Chef
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,261
    The same thing has happened to me on a number of occasions now and this is the first it's ever been happening. I tend to block my door when the store is empty so I can stock up and it's never done this "quick sell" before. The first time it happened, perhaps back in October, I assumed it was a glitch. It's happened twice more now, the latest just this morning. I've played this game for years so is this a new thing. Because it's a little annoying lol. Plus my coin balance hasn't really increased for something that was a quick sell. Or at least not enough that I've noticed.
    Last edited by saghaven; 11-20-15 at 09:25 AM.

  10. #10
    Host(ess) mystoryname's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    14
    I keep my store open 24/7 because of the quick sale loss was just too frustrating. I am glad that at least Lava Games is sharing this info finally. I find that if you order at least 5 count of one item, that item wont sell as quickly. At level 98, Ive found this is the best way to keep clothes on racks! ..that is except for the multiple times the game inexplicably crashes and the touch screen function fails completely!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •