Thread: Red Troll

Rhino Keeper

Red Troll

Hi, I have triggered the appearance of a red troll and need 60 strikes to defeat it. My energy max is 40, so how do I defeat it?

If I start hitting it and then exit the game, will I be able to pick up fighting it where I left off, or will the count reset itself? I don't know if the maximum energy increases to more than 40 later in the game. The big problem is I can't access the Royal Exchange until I get rid of the troll.

Would be grateful for advice.

Fashion Designer
    Hi Buddy,

Everyone's has a 40 energy level.
    20 energy per hour.

If you have an Wizard School (all the way to Level 5) it provides 10 energy.
    Unicorns give energy.
    Kinda hard when you can't reach Exchange

Sticky above: The Hub is a big help in quests to come.
    So keep an eye on it.

If you start hitting and exit the game, you will be able to continue where you left off. The troll's hint points don't recover.
    It's the same with any enemy that appears in the game (even the regular trolls and skunks).

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the replies, it's useful to know there are no more increases in the max energy level once you get to 40. I looked at the goal in the Hub, but it didn't cover what I needed. I've always defeated monsters in one go, so it's good to know I can leave the game and come back to the same place in a battle. I've almost saved enough gems to buy a Wizard School to earn more energy, so will keep aiming for that. I'm collecting grapes at the moment and don't want to use energy on the troll until the grape challenge is finished, so I'll try and do without the Royal Exchange until then if I can.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    That is a good additional note to be made in the Energy Nugget... and I'll add a note to that goal as well in the story guide (done). Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 06-19-15 at 10:18 PM.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    That is a good additional note to be made in the Energy Nugget... and I'll add a note to that goal as well in the story guide (done). Thanks for the feedback!
    The 40 cap is mentioned, but I mad other amendments to the nuggets based on various feedback and things I discovered.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Thanks for the other replies - wasn't expecting that!

Just thought I'd let you know that when I started to fight the Red Troll, I didn't actually need extra energy. The countdown from 60 went faster than the number of strikes I made. Not sure exactly what was happening, maybe I was getting some energy back as I went along, but in the end I didn't even need all of the energy I started the battle with (which was less than 40).Hope this makes sense!

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyB111 View Post
    Thanks for the other replies - wasn't expecting that!

Just thought I'd let you know that when I started to fight the Red Troll, I didn't actually need extra energy. The countdown from 60 went faster than the number of strikes I made. Not sure exactly what was happening, maybe I was getting some energy back as I went along, but in the end I didn't even need all of the energy I started the battle with (which was less than 40).Hope this makes sense!
    No, special monsters are prone to get higher critical hits, thus you go down in HP much faster. Also they generally do not give energy back.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry, do you mean each time I struck the troll it deducted more than one 'life' from him?

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyB111 View Post
    Sorry, do you mean each time I struck the troll it deducted more than one 'life' from him?
    Yes, a critical hit is 2 hit points (HP). With some specials you can have critical hits at 3 HP.