Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Birthday Event - June 18 (IOS Only)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcee View Post
    I got the goat! I'm not going to work hard for the dog. I'll play the silver machine with RSVPs from the mailbox, I'm done making deliveries.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the antipathy for doing deliveries. Admittedly, we don't earn as many coins as we would through the side shop, but we do earn stars (though I suppose, if a person is already at level 60, there's no need to earn any more stars).

Deliveries at least give me something to work on when I'm going to be away from my game for a while (like at work). I can set things to crafting and come back after work and send out the deliveries. Or do the same thing in the morning after letting things craft overnight while I sleep.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    How do we get rid of them after the event then? The only way to clear barn items was to sell them and then discard them if no one bought them. Are S8 just going to take them away from us at the end of the event? Or do we need to make sure we consume all of these items while the event is still running? What happens if we don't? Is that barn space lost forever?

To be honest, I've been keeping one of each event item for most of the recent events, so if S8 took them all away I would be a bit sad too.
    In the previous event (St Patrick) when we couldn't sell event items, we were able to sell after the event. If it's the same we should be able to sell once this event is over. This way is way better than S8 invading our barns and taking away our items. You may also keep one as you did.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    For my part, I'm done with crafting cake slices and gifts. Any RSVPs I get will go towards the bronze machine where I might get lucky and win apple pies or milk chocolate (though I haven't been so lucky as yet...nothing but confetti path segments so far).
    Wish we can trade lol. I had been wanting paths and balloons but getting pies and milk choc.

Quote Originally Posted by rynetory2 View Post
    In the previous event (St Patrick) when we couldn't sell event items, we were able to sell after the event. If it's the same we should be able to sell once this event is over. This way is way better than S8 invading our barns and taking away our items. You may also keep one as you did.
    Thanks! That's a relief there's a precedent for this. I was worried I would have dead barn space.

I've been thinking about whether not being able to sell items is a good thing for S8 or not, and I'll start by saying that S8 should be trying different things and experimenting is a natural part of business, but I wonder if S8 could actually make LESS money by not allowing us to sell event items. When I was playing the May Flower event, very early on a generous person put out batch of ten Terrariums and Flower Arrangements, lots of batches. These guys were paying money to help the community as it was impossible for them to have crafted all those items in the short time that had passed. If they couldn't sell event items they wouldn't have spent those gems. In effect, they were spending gems in the place of someone who wouldn't normally be spending gems on a game like this (a definition of helping the community)... I guess the true cost depends on how many people are sitting on that decision line where if forced to they would spend gems.

Rhino Keeper
    I'm sorry, I don't understand the antipathy for doing deliveries. Admittedly, we don't earn as many coins as we would through the side shop, but we do earn stars (though I suppose, if a person is already at level 60, there's no need to earn any more stars).

Deliveries at least give me something to work on when I'm going to be away from my game for a while (like at work). I can set things to crafting and come back after work and send out the deliveries. Or do the same thing in the morning after letting things craft overnight while I sleep.
    I'd rather do train orders. You earn stars, coins and gems.

Rhino Keeper

I lose money doing deliveries. And don't get enough expansion parts to make it worth it.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Farm Supplier
    Thank you TL this goal was by far the BEST!!!!
    Got done with it 2 days ago.
    I'm a happy camper ����

Only issue I have is that I can't sell the leftover icing and cake batter. ��. It's taking up space in my barn.

Quote Originally Posted by capitalcee View Post
    I'd rather do train orders. You earn stars, coins and gems.
    Yeah, same for me. I keep my buildings going non-stop but I am focused on earning gems fro the train, and make coin from the newspaper on whatever is left unused for the train. I purposely avoid the plane since the extra exp goes towards leveling up which unlocks more items some of which could make filling the train orders more difficult. Once I get my first show pony, I might care less about this as the train won't be as important but for now that's my game plan. More unlocked items also crowd out my newspaper and reduce the chances that Stormie will display upgrade and expansion parts in their store. You also can focus on crafting just the more advanced items which earn you more coins and sell faster in your stand.

I haven't been doing regular plane deliveries for a long time but I get enough special items (saws, picks, parts) to get by from working the newspaper, train, moles, and fishing. I'd only consider doing them if I needed special event items that only come from them, but so far I've been able to get by without. This current event is going real slow since I'm using just the mailbox, but I'm not really a fan of all the prizes on offer.
    Last edited by JustKay; 07-02-15 at 05:14 PM.

Executive Chef
    I need four more prizes to win the goat. I'm not overly bothered if I don't because this event has been wacky, to say the least. I'd hoped the pin the tail game would be animated. Oh well! I really want that birthday carousel. Other than the Halloween one I wasn't lucky enough to win, I have a thing for them and keep them out always. They're so cute! I've been discarding train deliveries still to do deliveries and even then, I'm lucky to get 3 rsvps a day. That's not cool at all.

Executive Chef
    Anyone know the prize when we finished the goal Of this birthday event in the goal things?
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)