Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Birthday Event - June 18 (IOS Only)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by shedenh View Post
    I have 4 pin the tail on the donkey! I hate waiting all day to spin and then get the same thing. Hopefully I can get something else tonight ��
    I got my 5th pin the tail and 4th carousel. I just have the table left for the goat.

Fashion Designer
    OMG.... PLEASE let me get that cake mixer!! RSVPs come so infrequently that DAYS will go by without them. ugh. But the ones that I have received have not gotten me my CAKE MIXER (I may or may not be yelling right now). So....I've lined up all of my prizes on the farm. LOL I need to expand so that I can display my frustrations. It takes lots of land for all of those sheep cupcakes and party gazebos!

Rhino Keeper
    Finally hit level 22 and can make batter! Cake mixer here we come.....in about 2 hours......when I make the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by eucom View Post
    Finally hit level 22 and can make batter! Cake mixer here we come.....in about 2 hours......when I make the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar!
    I did the same thing but make sure you have plenty of candles. I found out you can't make the candles but I had 6 from the bronze machine and got my goat today! Happy dance. I had one cake batter left for the 5 piece. Good luck on the Gold machine

Rhino Keeper
    I got the goat! I'm not going to work hard for the dog. I'll play the silver machine with RSVPs from the mailbox, I'm done making deliveries.

Farm Supplier
    I have avoided all the other events but since I have no pets on my farm, I decided to try this one. Wasn't crazy about the goat but liked the bulldog and focused my attention on getting it. Made lots of deliveries and have gotten a reasonable amount of rsvp's but just can't get the pig cupcake but this is what I have gotten:
    Birthday silo - 1
    Cake mixer - 1
    Clown chicken - 1
    Party gazebo - 9
    Air balloon - 4
    Birthday kitchen - 1
    Bouncy house - 6
    Chicken cupcake - 2
    Sheep cupcake - 7
    White sugar - 4
    Birthday candle - 6
    Cake batter - 5
    By my calculations, that is 44 items, which equals 88 rsvp's and at least 300 deliveries and I STILL HAVE TO KEEP TRYING TO GET THE PIG CUPCAKE!!!!!! So it is no telling how many more rsvp's I have to find. All for ONE LOUSY BULLDOG!!!!! I might just do without any pets.

Quote Originally Posted by CottageRose View Post
    Those cannot be sold either. I've tried to sell all of them, and none can be sold.
    How do we get rid of them after the event then? The only way to clear barn items was to sell them and then discard them if no one bought them. Are S8 just going to take them away from us at the end of the event? Or do we need to make sure we consume all of these items while the event is still running? What happens if we don't? Is that barn space lost forever?

To be honest, I've been keeping one of each event item for most of the recent events, so if S8 took them all away I would be a bit sad too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockinkitten View Post
    And I don't think any of us would accidentally sell them. We promise we won't be that silly, just let us sell them and help our neighbours!
    Quote Originally Posted by capitalcee View Post
    Selling the items wouldn't be an accident. That explanation is so obtuse.
    Lol, S8 gave a very diplomatic answer. I understand they don't want to leave the game so unbalanced you can use the newspaper to zoom through events, but not being able to sell these items seems harsh, and not entirely thought out if they haven't figured out a way to discard them from the barn. If I got candles but never managed to win the cakemaker, I can't even craft the candles out of my barn!

That said I wouldn't be able to offer a different solution

Executive Chef

Thumbs up

A deleted Item in the barn should be nice I am working On my Machine now even I am done! I got some more animals cupcake!!
    DS:122 Neighbors required!! ADD BAKERYSTOE as well)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Lol, S8 gave a very diplomatic answer. I understand they don't want to leave the game so unbalanced you can use the newspaper to zoom through events, but not being able to sell these items seems harsh, and not entirely thought out if they haven't figured out a way to discard them from the barn. If I got candles but never managed to win the cakemaker, I can't even craft the candles out of my barn!

That said I wouldn't be able to offer a different solution
    As I recall, during the St. Patrick's Day event--when we were unable to sell (or buy) the dyes needed to upgrade the Pot o' Gold--everything COULD be sold after the event ended. And the game allowed those who were able to locate and buy those on-sale dyes to continue upgrading their Pot.

So, it isn't implausible that, once the event ends, we will be able to sell off any unused plates, batter, icing, or candles...or, we can continue crafting cake slices to use up whatever extras there may be and get additional party tables, bouncy houses, etc.

For my part, I'm done with crafting cake slices and gifts. Any RSVPs I get will go towards the bronze machine where I might get lucky and win apple pies or milk chocolate (though I haven't been so lucky as yet...nothing but confetti path segments so far).