Thread: No islands playable when opening game, all have download symbol over them

New Resident

No islands playable when opening game, all have download symbol over them

Support ID: FUVJ3HC
    Game Version: 1.6.91
    iOS: 7.1.2 (iPhone 4)

Hi,

Ever since a game update recently (approx 2 months ago), whenever I attempt to play none of the islands are visible, instead all I can see are download progress bars (see attached pic). If I tap any island, a message saying 'OH DARN! Downloading. Please wait...' appears.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've never had to wait for any islands to load before...

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bubble Mania Downloading Islands.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	20958  

I'm sorry to hear about this issue! Have you tried deleting the game from your device and then re-installing it? This won't affect your saved progress as it's stored on our servers. You may also need to leave the game open on your device after re-installing to allow time for all of the Islands to load.

Please let us know if re-installing the game does not resolve your issue!
    Storm8 Staff - MeowMeowBeans

Need additional help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Need your account on a new device? Transfer your account here!
    Like us on Facebook and follow our Twitter!

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    I was having this issue too, but only when I'd run it without wifi or data connected. If either were, it would stay on the splash screen with the little loading circle endlessly spinning, but never actually entering the game. I un/reinstalled, and now it's crashing back to my home screen after about 1.5 seconds on the splash screen whether I'm connected or not.

Executive Chef
    Hello? Still have this problem. Only after the most recent update though. It was working fine before that, apart from having to close/restart after every level to avoid crashing without saving progress. I came on here looking for any issues with the update before installing it, as there have been several with the more popular games, but I guess people don't post as much for the rest? Either way, I still can't play.

I'm sorry to hear about this issue, TinksThots! Could you please submit a ticket to support@storm8.com and send me a PM with the ticket number you receive? Thanks!
    Storm8 Staff - MeowMeowBeans

Need additional help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Need your account on a new device? Transfer your account here!
    Like us on Facebook and follow our Twitter!

Executive Chef
    Got that to ya, thanks! Finally got to nibble some wifi for a bit and saw there was an update, so I got that on here. It's playable again... and it doesn't crash like that anymore... or the way it used to... but now it's doing something else entirely... O_O I'm keeping the same ticket of course, but I'm gonna open a new bug thread for this weirdness.