Thread: List of gifts received/list of tippers in the news feed

Rhino Keeper

Arrow List of gifts received/list of tippers in the news feed

Okay, this question applies to BS, Restaurant Story, Fashion Story, and to some extent (the news feed, not the list of gifts given).

Once you start accepting gifts that have been sent to you after reset, or I guess even once you start declining gifts, is there a maximum amount of gifts that will show in that list? And does that amount shrink as the day goes on? Here is why I ask.

I assumed that the people listed as gift givers, once the maximum of 20 gifts had been received, that those givers stayed on the list unless you sent a gift back - then that giver was removed from the list. However, the last few days, well, to be truthful, more than that, but definitely the last few days (in Fashion Story, at the end of the day I visit all of those neighbors, or at least gift back, those that are still on the list) that the list is considerably shorter, and even since I've been sick and barely making visits except to my most devoted neighbors (who usually visit AFTER I've maxed on gifts, and then I visit them back) that by the end of my day, the list is considerably shorter, only to grow again to 20 names at reset - filling in the new gifts received and filling out the rest of the gifts listed with gifts received the day prior. However (and I don't know if this is happening when I decline gifts in BS or RS), as soon as I hit accept on even the second gift, the list is shorter. It's too the point where I no longer accept gifts if I happen to be up until reset, so that I can make a list of who gifted me to be sure I gift them back, and so I can attempt to keep track of how many gifts I've received that day.

Also, as far as the news feed that is listed below gift requests, how complete is it before it defaults to showing you that a neighbor sent you something you requested, in the case of Fashion Story, even if it was weeks and/or months ago. I know it's not a complete list, because I've counted the tips or likes I've gotten, I've looked at my wall, and the number of tips I've received, the messages on my wall, add up to more than the list of tips received on the news feed. I'm guessing (because this is the most I recall seeing in a 24 hour period) that the number stored is actually around 10, maybe? This is one reason that I don't rely on the news feed to see who has tipped me, but I tip from those who post on my wall, as I request when I invite or request new neighbors.

Thank you in advance.

Farm Supplier
    Yes, I have also found that the news feed doesn't include everyone who has tipped me. As for the gifting list, I couldn't say because I mass gift everyone at reset

Rhino Keeper
    I guess one of the reasons this actually comes up with me is for some of my neighbors, since they manage to get that gift in early before I fill up, and they are regular neighbors who visit me every day - I'll do a quick scan of my gift list to grab out particular neighbors.

Executive Chef
    The NEWSFEED will only show the
    LAST 10 PPL WHO TIPPED U

AND

LAST 10 PPL WHO ANSWERED GIFT REQUESTS.

The NEWSFEED doesn't show the daily grifters. It only shows ppl who answered a request for a part.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    LAST 10 PPL WHO TIPPED U

AND

The NEWSFEED doesn't show the daily grifters. It only shows ppl who answered a request for a part.
    Maybe not on your version, but on mine, the newsfeed tab is the one with the gifters, as well. I am assuming the original poster has a similar situation.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ElaineCarrel View Post
    LAST 10 PPL WHO TIPPED U

AND

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
    Maybe not on your version, but on mine, the newsfeed tab is the one with the gifters, as well. I am assuming the original poster has a similar situation.
    I'm with Elaine on this one. The newsfeed for both RS and BS have always shown the last 10 tippers, and the last 10 People who answered your request for parts, etc.

Now if you are talking about the notice that you have a gift (or gifts) that show up when you open game, or at the top of the news page; it usually shows up when someone gifts you, then disappears until reset. At reset, it appears again, so you can see what was gifted by whom.

As far as the original question, I've had the same thing happen when I've missed a few days playing. I'll open app and see a bunch of gifts, then as I accept a few, my list shrinks to almost nothing. The only time I really investigated it much, I had been gone about 4 days and I found that the same few neighbors had gifted me multiple times. When I accepted one gift from a neighbor, the others from that same neighbor disappeared. I'm not sure if they were the only ones who gifted me, or if it was some sort of bug.
    Maybe take a screenshot of all your pending gifts next time you've missed a couple of days, and keep track of what you accept and what disappears. If you find something not right, your screen shots will be useful if you email support.
    Good Luck!
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    I'm with Elaine on this one. The newsfeed for both RS and BS have always shown the last 10 tippers, and the last 10 People who answered your request for parts, etc.

Now if you are talking about the notice that you have a gift (or gifts) that show up when you open game, or at the top of the news page; it usually shows up when someone gifts you, then disappears until reset. At reset, it appears again, so you can see what was gifted by whom.

As far as the original question, I've had the same thing happen when I've missed a few days playing. I'll open app and see a bunch of gifts, then as I accept a few, my list shrinks to almost nothing. The only time I really investigated it much, I had been gone about 4 days and I found that the same few neighbors had gifted me multiple times. When I accepted one gift from a neighbor, the others from that same neighbor disappeared. I'm not sure if they were the only ones who gifted me, or if it was some sort of bug.
    Maybe take a screenshot of all your pending gifts next time you've missed a couple of days, and keep track of what you accept and what disappears. If you find something not right, your screen shots will be useful if you email support.
    Good Luck!
    Apparently the phrase "as well" was not obvious enough. IN ADDITION TO TIPPERS AND REQUEST ANSWERERS, OUR NEWSFEED TABS ALSO HAVE THE GIFTS, THUS THE GIFTERS.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by spydre1 View Post
    Okay, this question applies to BS, Restaurant Story, Fashion Story, and to some extent (the news feed, not the list of gifts given).

Once you start accepting gifts that have been sent to you after reset, or I guess even once you start declining gifts, is there a maximum amount of gifts that will show in that list? And does that amount shrink as the day goes on? Here is why I ask.

I assumed that the people listed as gift givers, once the maximum of 20 gifts had been received, that those givers stayed on the list unless you sent a gift back - then that giver was removed from the list. However, the last few days, well, to be truthful, more than that, but definitely the last few days (in Fashion Story, at the end of the day I visit all of those neighbors, or at least gift back, those that are still on the list) that the list is considerably shorter, and even since I've been sick and barely making visits except to my most devoted neighbors (who usually visit AFTER I've maxed on gifts, and then I visit them back) that by the end of my day, the list is considerably shorter, only to grow again to 20 names at reset - filling in the new gifts received and filling out the rest of the gifts listed with gifts received the day prior. However (and I don't know if this is happening when I decline gifts in BS or RS), as soon as I hit accept on even the second gift, the list is shorter. It's too the point where I no longer accept gifts if I happen to be up until reset, so that I can make a list of who gifted me to be sure I gift them back, and so I can attempt to keep track of how many gifts I've received that day.

Also, as far as the news feed that is listed below gift requests, how complete is it before it defaults to showing you that a neighbor sent you something you requested, in the case of Fashion Story, even if it was weeks and/or months ago. I know it's not a complete list, because I've counted the tips or likes I've gotten, I've looked at my wall, and the number of tips I've received, the messages on my wall, add up to more than the list of tips received on the news feed. I'm guessing (because this is the most I recall seeing in a 24 hour period) that the number stored is actually around 10, maybe? This is one reason that I don't rely on the news feed to see who has tipped me, but I tip from those who post on my wall, as I request when I invite or request new neighbors.

Thank you in advance.
    Getting to your question, I notice the same thing sometimes and have no idea how to fix it. I will have my list of gifts with people that I have yet to gift back and accepting a new gift will somehow force the game to hide other gifts I have accepted. They usually all reload at reset, but sometimes I know for a fact they do not and they will not show all gifts from the previous day, despite showing twenty gifts total (I only have nineteen neighbors, so they should all show). They will have one gift from two days prior instead. I circumvent it by taking a screenshot of the gift list, even before accepting any, if necessary, but I am not sure all mobiles can do so. That is the only workaround I know of. Hope this helps!

Farm Supplier
    Gifts on the list also normally only disappear if you have gifted the neighbour back. Which is what the original poster said, and was referring to.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysothemis View Post
    Apparently the phrase "as well" was not obvious enough. IN ADDITION TO TIPPERS AND REQUEST ANSWERERS, OUR NEWSFEED TABS ALSO HAVE THE GIFTS, THUS THE GIFTERS.
    The Newsfeed, and the Newsfeed "Tab" are two different things. The newsfeed is 20 items, 10 each of tippers and people that have answered your requests.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie