Thread: Online Status for Neignbors?

Rhino Keeper

Online Status for Neignbors?

Hi there, I just have a suggestion for the S8 team:
    It would really be lovely if an online status for neignbors could be incorporated into the game. It has been a PITA trying to coordinate trading items with neighbors because first you may set a time to meet, and then there's the obligatory "are you there?" post on each other's walls. It's always a back-and-forth or pinging someone on their wall and having no idea if anyone is there... It feels like it should be much easier than it is. Maybe a little green circle next to their name, or an option to see who is online, or even just having a status field on our profile screen?

I have really loved this event and working with others in the FS2 community to complete the tasks, but it's so frustrating at times trying to "meet up" with someone.

Thanks!

Executive Chef
    I second this!
    | FFS ~ Level 101 || RS2 ~ Level 44 || BS2 ~ Level 26 |

Rhino Keeper
    I'd like a notification on my Ipad when someone leaves a message on my wall.
    Have a Luvly Day!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvsHorror View Post
    I'd like a notification on my Ipad when someone leaves a message on my wall.
    Ooo! That'd be good too! I'm constantly going back to my wall when doing a trade to see if someone answered yet. Go do stuff on my farm, then check back, repeat ad nauseum. Maybe even the ability to open a chat window?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by syncler78 View Post
    It would really be lovely if an online status for neignbors could be incorporated into the game. It has been a PITA trying to coordinate trading items with neighbors because first you may set a time to meet, and then there's the obligatory "are you there?" post on each other's walls. It's always a back-and-forth or pinging someone on their wall and having no idea if anyone is there... It feels like it should be much easier than it is. Maybe a little green circle next to their name, or an option to see who is online, or even just having a status field on our profile screen?

I have really loved this event and working with others in the FS2 community to complete the tasks, but it's so frustrating at times trying to "meet up" with someone.

Thanks!
    I'm totally against this idea for privacy reasons BUT if we were given the option to hide our online status, then I'm ok with it I guess.
    Last edited by pundoggity; 06-08-15 at 06:34 AM.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by syncler78 View Post

Thanks!
    As it is, FS currently has memory issues which are unfixed (eg blue screen, ghost images of pets) and caused game to crash several times per day. This feature of tracking online status is too memory intensive. If implemented, can we please have the option to switch if off? I don't want to crash the game more frequent for this feature that I will hardly use. Also privacy option is essential. Thank you.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pundoggity View Post
    I'm totally against this idea for privacy reasons BUT if we were given the option to hide our online status, then I'm ok with it I guess.
    There is already one on here, next to your ID. I don't know if you can hide it or opt out...
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jim23cash View Post
    There is already one on here, next to your ID. I don't know if you can hide it or opt out...
    I believe we are talking about the actual game not the forum.
    I do not wish for visitors and or neighbours to know when I am online playing fs2.
    Also, yes you can browse forum in invisible mode.
    Last edited by pundoggity; 06-10-15 at 04:12 AM.

Executive Chef
    I believe we are talking about the actual game not the forum.
    I do not wish for visitors and or neighbours to know when I am online playing fs2.
    Also, yes you can browse forum in invisible mode.
    Yes, I just didn't know if you knew there was one on the forum. I like to err on the side of too much information, instead of too little.
    I am not adding any neighbors at this time.
    Thanks & Have a great day! Annie

Farm Supplier
    I agree. But I'm sure it's impossible, they can't give a confirmation on gem use, I'm sure they can't do this either!